Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2021, 12:04   #6496
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Just been for my first maskless shop, i could feel the eyes on my back as everyone else was masked up.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:11   #6497
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Just been for my first maskless shop, i could feel the eyes on my back as everyone else was masked up.
They were probably thinking what a selfish so and so that cares only for himself...
Old 19-07-2021, 12:16   #6498
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes there's always one.
My local hospital is full of people, who thought it was all over and taking beds from people who need other urgent treatments.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:16   #6499
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They were probably thinking what a selfish so and so that cares only for himself...
As long as that's all, I won't lose any sleep over it.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:30   #6500
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
As long as the shop did not have it's own mask policy, which is basically the governments way of extending restrictions through the private sector... then all power to you.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:
No, I'm sure they were thinking Law abiding citizen. Unless they have all been brain-washed by the state.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:50   #6501
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
How is it 'Project Fear' where's your evidence to support this ?

This isn't 'Freedom Day' we're not 'free' until we can control this pandemic at a local, national & global level. Our actions from today have the potential to cause significant suffering to others. Our actions should be considered & thoughtful. Unlike the government's.
This argument does not stack up, one iota.

In January this year when cases were reaching 50-60 thousand positive cases a day, deaths were at or around over 1,000+, last few days has seen same amount of cases, but significantly amount of reduced deaths. The vaccines are doing their thing.

We cannot stay in lockdown limbo forever, our children have missed out on education for a long time, they’re essentially a year behind, this isn’t good. Also people’s mental health are suffering, suicides up tenfold. COVID-19 is something we just gonna have to live with, like the flu. Hospital admissions are up, but deaths aren’t and we have to get back to increased freedoms.

The hospitality sector is on its knees, so I’m glad we’re on the road to recovery, deaths are down, the easing of restrictions can now stop the real suffering.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:57   #6502
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I've played it clever today.

I didn't get up until 10:40, quick coffee and some toast, 2 cigs and another coffee, then another ciggy and ready to face the world.

I worked out that by rising late, I'd be 27.63% less likely to encounter that Delta thing while it traveled through my area

I may venture out to a pub later . . if I can find a pub, not a pub that thinks it's a bloody restaurant

Last edited by Carth; 19-07-2021 at 13:40.
Old 19-07-2021, 12:59   #6503
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
As long as the shop did not have it's own mask policy, which is basically the governments way of extending restrictions through the private sector... then all power to you.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

No, I'm sure they were thinking Law abiding citizen. Unless they have all been brain-washed by the state.
The Govt have asked us to exercise personal responsibility. Wearing masks where appropriate or asked to would be part of that responsibility.

It's doomed to fail as demonstrated by the Smurfs post, we're incredibly self centred / irresponsible.
Old 19-07-2021, 13:31   #6504
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The Govt have asked us to exercise personal responsibility. Wearing masks where appropriate or asked to would be part of that responsibility.

It's doomed to fail as demonstrated by the Smurfs post, we're incredibly self centred / irresponsible.
Was Smurf asked to wear a mask by anyone? I'm sure if was asked he would.

Was it appropriate to not wear a mask? perhaps he was shopping in a very large, spacious, airconditioned, supermarket with very few people in.

I think some people really need to calm the f down.
Old 19-07-2021, 13:54   #6505
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Perhaps it was a small Metro type store, and everyone was crushed together, and Papa was licking everyone’s face?

"perhaps" is carrying a lot of assumptions…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-07-2021, 13:59   #6506
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Project fear has done a wonderful job.
Old 19-07-2021, 14:01   #6507
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Luckily, Project "selfish" is fighting back…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-07-2021, 14:13   #6508
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Luckily, Project "selfish" is fighting back…
Project "selfish" has always been there. That is the very reason so many cases are still happening.
Old 19-07-2021, 14:17   #6509
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Here's a thought. (It didn't hurt too much).
1)"Freedom day" - legal restrictions removed but asked to be sensible and allowing businesses to control some of the rules locally = terrible, shouldn't do this, big peak ahead.
2)Relax some of the legislation, maybe different rules in different areas/situations = terrible, shouldn't do this, too confusing and in UK too easy to go to "freer" area
3)Stay locked down, keep paying out furlough, even tighten rules = terrible idea, shouldn't to this, businesses suffering especially hospitality. Country in even more debt.

Whatever those in power do and whoever they are they can't get it right. Someone, somewhere will disagree (for someone read a person with a degree of credibility and knowledge not just anyone). This is a novel situation with lots of experts all making their point in very public ways. Almost like protecting themselves? It would be worse/better if only...
Old 19-07-2021, 14:24   #6510
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Perhaps it was a small Metro type store, and everyone was crushed together, and Papa was licking everyone’s face?

"perhaps" is carrying a lot of assumptions…
Oh, I agree. the assumptions cut both ways, we all know what happens when you Assume something.