Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin PAYG any bundles?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin PAYG any bundles?

Old 14-10-2006, 19:00   #1
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light
Virgin PAYG any bundles?

Hey guys wondered if any of you have a virgin PAYG mobile sim? I was on O2 recently and for £10 a month i was getting my 300 free txts but had wanted to change as O2 coverage is pretty poor in my area. My mate told me about virgin and to txt the word "mates" to a certain number and i would get 300 txts and so many free minutes a month. Anyway i had a virgin sim (unused) kicking about so i put it in my phone and topped up with £10. Tried the "mates" thing he told me and it didnt work. Now what i wanna know is this...are there any offers or bundles that will give me similar to what i had with O2? Changed to Virgin cause i thought it would be cheaper as well but at the moment it doesnt appear that way...10p a txt ...Any ideas? Or would i be better sticking to O2?
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2006, 19:36   #2
opelfruitcase
Inactive

opelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin PAYG any bundles?

Seeing as your an existing ntl customer then you could go for the Virgin sim-only pay monthly offer, £10 per month, 300 minutes xnet and 300 texts. No contract with this, but if you want to take a new phone out as part of this then you have a 12 month contract.

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/virginmobile&log=4
opelfruitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 19:51   #3
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by opelfruitcase View Post
Seeing as your an existing ntl customer then you could go for the Virgin sim-only pay monthly offer, £10 per month, 300 minutes xnet and 300 texts. No contract with this, but if you want to take a new phone out as part of this then you have a 12 month contract.

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/virginmobile&log=4
I seen that and its a great offer but i like the idea of PAYG in the sense i can top up when I want...dont want the monthly charge of £10 coming from my bank account.
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 20:01   #4
opelfruitcase
Inactive

opelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevie View Post
I seen that and its a great offer but i like the idea of PAYG in the sense i can top up when I want...dont want the monthly charge of £10 coming from my bank account.
Having a nose at their website it would seem as if you get 3p calls and texts to anyone else on virgin mobile anyway. Maybe worth giving them a ring and asking - I think it should be 789 from your handset.
opelfruitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 20:08   #5
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

yes they do bundles

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...les.shop.sm034
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 06:34   #6
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

it would seem only your mate would get £10 free airtime through the 'mates' thing http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...chooseus.sm077 and you have to get a sim through virgin mobile... I still think virgin have good deals though, but I'm still not convinced enough to change back from vodafone.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote