Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 23:54   #1351
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
* In your opinion.

P.S They burned it down and Canada was the reason why/Cause. I will not back down from this correct assertion.

The Historical facts are....

U.S Attacked part of Canada.... (During the time in which Canada was part of and under British rule/territory).

In retaliation around 1812, Brits burned down the White House. Canada was under British rule from 1763 – 1867.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/7/1743499...ouse-burn-1812
Canada did not exist as a country until 1867. In fact between 1791 and 1841, Canada did not exist at all. During this time, we had Lower Canada and Upper Canada: two British colonies.

Trump asked Trudeau: "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" No, they didn't, the British did.

Trump is still an idiot.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Quote:
* In your opinion.

P.S They burned it down and Canada was the reason why/Cause. I will not back down from this correct assertion.

The Historical facts are....

U.S Attacked part of Canada.... (During the time in which Canada was part of and under British rule/territory).

In retaliation around 1812, Brits burned down the White House. Canada was under British rule from 1763 – 1867.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/7/1743499...ouse-burn-1812
BTW, from your article:

Quote:
In terms of the specifics of Trump’s contention, it does not appear that Canadians were literally involved in the capture of Washington
Just so we are clear. So when Trump asked "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?", (altogether now), the answer is a resounding No
Old 12-06-2018, 00:04   #1352
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Canada did not exist as a country until 1867. In fact between 1791 and 1841, Canada did not exist at all. During this time, we had Lower Canada and Upper Canada: two British colonies.

Trump asked Trudeau: "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" No, they didn't, the British did.

Trump is still an idiot.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

BTW, from your article:

Just so we are clear. So when Trump asked "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?", (altogether now), the answer is a resounding No
Loving how all the Trump fans will work so hard to try and cover up and explain away his mistruths when the historical facts are there for all to see.
Old 12-06-2018, 00:45   #1353
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Loving how all the Trump fans will work so hard to try and cover up and explain away his mistruths when the historical facts are there for all to see.
If Trump says history and facts are lies/fake, then they must be ! The orange bufoons word is absolute. Sometimes folks bury themselves in so deep with their devotion, that there's no going back without making themselves look silly.

However he's not a joke unfortunately, he's a bigger threat to World security than Putin. Just hope those that are propping him up will realise in time.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:01   #1354
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It wasn't just them, there was a large amount of reporting that suggested it was of limited scope including the SCOUTUS blog which is a pretty well respected outlet for reporting on the court., ABC News and even the right-wing National Review
National review is a traditional conservative voice but along with ABC etc, seem to have similar opinion(s) on the case - I think that it is circulated through Reuters or the pool of the news wire service. (Big 5).

I'll re-read the opinion(s) from what you linked tomorrow or later in the week. Editorializing is one thing but I think that on the merits, they are not reporting accurately on this.

Quote:
You may have a different legal interpretation to them, some outlets do, but they weren't isolated in their view of this so I think it's unfair to accuse them of being woefully incompetent. They are clearly in the majority on their interpretation of the judgement.
Ironically, the majority seem to be look at this from the perspective of pure constructionist philosophy (i.e. just this one specific case within the confines of the constitution) but most of them will only do so when it suits them.

The trend will show that this is a broader precedent that is eventually set but even on the merits of this individual case, I do not see this as a ruling with limited scope. The headlines may have grammatical issues but on the substance of the case, and the ruling plus the trend the court clearly is leaning towards (if members stay similar) is that of a deep protection of religious liberty (as indicated by many cases lately the little sisters / Hobby Lobby etc etc).

The thing is, even though you mentioned that other outlets see it the way that I did, I don't need to read their commentary to validate my views. Not to sound too obnoxious about this, but I know that I am correct - this is not limited the way that it is being opined and the clear trend going forward is a pattern under these parameters for comparable cases, which sets precedent.

ScotusBlog btw is just a rumor mill of what people think will come down the pipeline - kind of like the Michael Bevan in legal scholar form. So basically, worthless.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:32   #1355
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Utter rubbish, the historical facts I presented are the truths.

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

Quote:

Trump is still an idiot.
I stand by my posts, always. I believe my assertion of the historical facts and nothing you or others say, will alter that.

What we have laid bare here, is the pathetic Anti-Trumpers with TDS, are just nitpicking over what is essentially a question, not a statement, Trump asked about Canada, so in essence he didn't actually say a statement of fact...
Old 12-06-2018, 09:24   #1356
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
The historical fact is that British forces burnt down the White House. Trump asked that not who was in the war in 1812.

Quote:
What we have laid bare here, is the pathetic Anti-Trumpers with TDS, are just nitpicking over what is essentially a question, not a statement, Trump asked about Canada, so in essence he didn't actually say a statement of fact...
Most people assumed it was an rhetorical question. If it wasn’t then I would suggest it’s a bit weird for the President of the United States to be asking the Canadian PM relatively basic questions of US history.

It’s not a big deal, just poking fun at him, I don’t understand why people critising him bothers you so much. As you said in the other thread telling him to ignore ‘the haters’ as if we’re teenage girls talking about One Direction. I don’t think there is a famous person alive I would be so motivated to defend. Especially not a politician.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
The thing is, even though you mentioned that other outlets see it the way that I did, I don't need to read their commentary to validate my views.
I didn't say you did and there were people who agreed with you.

However my only point was that these outlets were reporting the mainstream interpretation of the decision. First they were editoraising their headline to call a 7 - 2 decision 'close' but they weren't and instead they were incompetent which, while debatable, in probably unfair given it was not a uncommon reading of the decision even if it later turns out to be wrong.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:30   #1357
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The historical fact is that British forces burnt down the White House.
We should definitely consider doing that again. Then re-invade via the friendly Canada, unfinished business, and its for their own good.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:41   #1358
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

I stand by my posts, always. I believe my assertion of the historical facts and nothing you or others say, will alter that.

In fact what we're doing here is revealing how difficult it is for Trump's supporters to accept that he, like anyone else, can make mistakes. The whole Canada thing is a joke, no more.

What is not a joke is where people are unable to discern fact from fiction and try to weave arcane explanations to try and justify the impossible. The last act is then just to throw a few playground insults and say that he didn't mean it in the first place.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09   #1359
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
In fact what we're doing here is revealing how difficult it is for Trump's supporters to accept that he, like anyone else, can make mistakes. The whole Canada thing is a joke, no more.

What is not a joke is where people are unable to discern fact from fiction and try to weave arcane explanations to try and justify the impossible. The last act is then just to throw a few playground insults and say that he didn't mean it in the first place.
What is a joke is you going on and on and getting nowhere.

And who is this "we" ?

- You or anyone else is not revealing anything, you're just trying to argue a point that I have already dealt with and I believe to be the facts.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Old 14-06-2018, 17:18   #1360
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44486250

Quote:
New York's attorney general is suing Donald Trump, his children and the Trump Foundation, alleging what she called "extensive and persistent violations of state and federal law".
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/n...s&ref=headline

Quote:
The lawsuit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, culminated a nearly two-year investigation of Mr. Trump’s charity, which became a subject of scrutiny during and after the 2016 presidential campaign. While such foundations are supposed to be devoted to charitable activities, the complaint asserts that Mr. Trump’s was often used to settle legal claims against his various businesses, even spending $10,000 on a portrait of Mr. Trump that was hung at one of his golf clubs.

Last edited by Maggy; 14-06-2018 at 17:22.
Old 14-06-2018, 18:29   #1361
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

"Fake News!"

"But her emails!"

"Dems collusion!"

Etc., etc., etc...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-06-2018, 18:42   #1362
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"Fake News!"

"But her emails!"

"Dems collusion!"

Etc., etc., etc...
Too many sources are now reporting it..and if the BBC are doing so it's hard to assert that it's fake news.
Old 14-06-2018, 18:48   #1363
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Question Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"Fake News!"

"But her emails!"

"Dems collusion!"

Etc., etc., etc...
Is it Mick's night off ?
Old 14-06-2018, 20:26   #1364
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The infamous IG report is out: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...watchdog-finds

It seems:

- Comey damaged the FBI but wasn't politically biased.

Quote:
Former FBI Director James Comey was “insubordinate” in handling the probe into Hillary Clinton, damaging the bureau and the Justice Department’s image of impartiality even though he wasn’t motivated by politics, the department’s watchdog found.
- 5 FBI agents were biased, and have been referred for investigation, but that this did not affect the material investigation

Quote:
Horowitz said that five FBI officials expressed hostility toward Trump before his election as president and disclosed in his report to Congress on Thursday that their actions have been referred to the bureau for possible disciplinary action.
- Nothing suggests the decision to clear Clinton was incorrect

Quote:
Horowitz, whose office said it reviewed more than 1.2 million documents and interviewed more than 100 witnesses, didn’t challenge Comey’s fundamental decision against recommending prosecution of Clinton for mishandling classified information.

So it doesn't pave the way for another investigation into Clinton. Comey is accused of being improper but not of illegality.

Peter Strzok and Lisa Page come off the biggest losers in the report.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Wait, best one yet:

While Comey was heading the investigation into Clinton using a private e-mail server for government business Corney was using Gmail for FBI business:

Quote:
The report also noted that Comey used personal email at times to conduct official business.

Last edited by Damien; 14-06-2018 at 20:31.
Old 14-06-2018, 20:28   #1365
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Damien, why do you keep calling Comey Corney ?
Closed Thread