Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 15:39   #2941
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Prove that we will not be poorer? as even most Brexiteers have said we will be worse financially.
Given that we will get a tariff free trade deal and the customs issues are resolved sensibly, as I believe they will, I think it is for you to prove that we will be poorer.

The people who are saying we will be poorer take the view that we will not get the deal the government wants. If you assume we will, you get a different answer.

As I said before, continued trade with no tariffs between the UK and the EU, plus new trade deals that we will agree with other countries, amounts to a plus, not a minus, for Britain.
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2018, 16:13   #2942
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I predict the Brextremists are first ones to moan when country is much worse off
lets give it 40 years and then see how it's hanging .
Old 10-06-2018, 18:33   #2943
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I predict the Brextremists are first ones to moan when country is much worse off
Spot on, Dave. Some like BoJo are moaning now despite winning so God knows what they'll be like when the penny drops!

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Given that we will get a tariff free trade deal and the customs issues are resolved sensibly, as I believe they will, I think it is for you to prove that we will be poorer.

The people who are saying we will be poorer take the view that we will not get the deal the government wants. If you assume we will, you get a different answer.

As I said before, continued trade with no tariffs between the UK and the EU, plus new trade deals that we will agree with other countries, amounts to a plus, not a minus, for Britain.
That we'll be proved worse off outside the EU has been proved by Theresa May's own Government. Den doesn't need to do it again. The cross-department analysis indicates we'll be worse off even if the Government gets the deal it wants.
Old 10-06-2018, 18:59   #2944
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
That we'll be proved worse off outside the EU has been proved by Theresa May's own Government. Den doesn't need to do it again. The cross-department analysis indicates we'll be worse off even if the Government gets the deal it wants.
I don't agree with that at all, but I guess it won't be proved until it happens.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
lets give it 40 years and then see how it's hanging .
Well, I don't think countries like New Zealand, Singapore, etc are poor simply because they are not members of the EU.

What is it about that undemocratic bureaucracy that the establishment figures like? Oh, I get it...
Old 11-06-2018, 00:25   #2945
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I don't agree with that at all, but I guess it won't be proved until it happens.
Why don't you agree with the cross-department expertise that the Brexit-orientated British Government has employed? Do you think your Brexit Government has deliberately picked an incompetent bunch of pessimists when they could have easily chosen a bunch of people with your outlook but would firm up some calculations to support such wildly optimistic views?
Or do you think that they've actually got a great bunch of experts who've looked into things deeply, crunched the numbers exhaustively and come up with some very probable scenarios which to Brexiters like BoJo are an uncomfortable truth.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Quote:
Well, I don't think countries like New Zealand, Singapore, etc are poor simply because they are not members of the EU
Wrong continent, Old Boy.

---------- Post added 11-06-2018 at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was 10-06-2018 at 23:13 ----------

Meanwhile, have Putin's useful idiots have been revealed? Nope. Not Jeremy Corbyn, Putin would not waste his time there. We're talking about Aaron Banks and side-kick Andy Wigmore.You know it must be bad when Nigel Farage is distancing himself from it
Quote:
Mr Banks had a total of three meetings with Alexander Yakovenko in the build-up to and after the EU referendum in June 2016, according to emails seen by two Sunday newspapers.
He had previously admitted only to a “six-hour boozy lunch” in November 2015 with the Russian ambassador in his book The Bad Boys of Brexit.
The emergence of apparently closer contact between Mr Banks, his Leave.EU aide Andy Wigmore, and senior Russian state officials will increase suspicions that the Kremlin sought to influence and disrupt western electoral processes. It is also likely to add spice to questioning of him and Mr Wigmore by a committee of MPs this week...
An ally of Nigel Farage, the former UK Independence party leader, Mr Banks has donated £1.3m to Ukip since 2014. During the referendum campaign he set up his own group, Leave.EU, to which he lent £6m. Leave.EU was a rival set-up to Vote Leave, the official campaign.
https://www.ft.com/content/6a49782c-...d-d8b934ff5ffa

Quote:
He [Aaron Banks] is under investigation by the Electoral Commission over his donations to pro-Brexit campaigns. Its inquiry started in November and is examining whether the businessman “was the true source of loans” made by him to Leave.EU, and whether Better for the Country Ltd, a company he controlled, was “the true source of donations made to referendum campaigners in its name”.
Banks has also now been told by Companies House that he must publish the accounts of the offshore holding company ICS Risk Solutions, which he uses to finance his activities.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-russia-links
Old 11-06-2018, 01:02   #2946
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Yawn.

Still going on about the non-Russia issue that didn't influence mine or the other 17.4 Million people who voted leave.....?
Old 11-06-2018, 04:07   #2947
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yawn.

Still going on about the non-Russia issue that didn't influence mine or the other 17.4 Million people who voted leave.....?
What makes you so sure no one was influenced one way or the other? Was it perhaps a Twitter poll from your Corbyn-admiring mate?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:39   #2948
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Yawn.

It only had to influence 634,751 voters to swing to leave, half +1 of the majority leave had.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Quote:

Given that the government does not want a customs union, then non-tariff barriers will exist, even it it's simply rules of origin declarations. These have a cost for either exporters to the EU or in enforcement for imports from the EU. I believe we will also leave the single market so there will also be regulatory barriers (CE marking, veterinary, phytosanitary, etc.)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:02   #2949
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Er. Your 600K figure is very inaccurate. Over a Million more people voted leave than Remain.

This pathetic desperation to invalidate a legitimate democratic result, is getting tiresome.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:39   #2950
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Er. Your 600K figure is very inaccurate. Over a Million more people voted leave than Remain.

This pathetic desperation to invalidate a legitimate democratic result, is getting tiresome.
So a 600K swing would send the vote the other way
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26   #2951
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
So a 600K swing would send the vote the other way
What he said ^^^

Leave 17,410,742-634,751 = 16,775,991
Remain 16,141,241+634,751 = 16,775,992

Should have shown my working as I was told at school
Old 11-06-2018, 11:36   #2952
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Did you find maths lessons tiring Mick ?
Old 11-06-2018, 12:42   #2953
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Either way it’s still a Million more majority. There was no Russian influence. It’s another pathetic attempt by some Remainers to thwart the legitimacy of the vote. Get it in to your heads, we are leaving the corrupted EU that was democratically decided in 2016.
Old 11-06-2018, 13:00   #2954
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
What he said ^^^

Leave 17,410,742-634,751 = 16,775,991
Remain 16,141,241+634,751 = 16,775,992

Should have shown my working as I was told at school
2 losers don't make a winner game set and match to brexit
Old 11-06-2018, 13:05   #2955
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Either way it’s still a Million more majority. There was no Russian influence. It’s another pathetic attempt by some Remainers to thwart the legitimacy of the vote. Get it in to your heads, we are leaving the corrupted EU that was democratically decided in 2016.
So what would you think if we remained in some sort of customs union with the EU ? With no definite date of leaving it ? Does that count as 'Brexit' ? Or just a complete waste of time all round ?
Closed Thread