Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2017, 22:48   #3601
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I want to watch some Channel 4 programmes that are over a week old, so aren't available on the V6.

Fired up my Samsung TV All 4 app for the first time in months to find it stuck on loading.

An internet search said that this was a known problem after an update to the app and the cure was to reset the Smart Hub.

I did this hours ago and, ever since, whenever I try to access the All 4 app I get the following message:

"Smart Hub is being updated. Please try again later".

Does anyone know how to fix this? If not I'll have to have my first go at casting from my tablet.

Cheers.
Completely power down your tv leave for 60 seconds then switch back on, that normally fixes this issue for my Samsung tv.
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2017, 14:57   #3602
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Seriously, this is disappointing. After all that was said by Malone regarding his attitude to content, with the emphasis on acquiring it rather than owning it, and now we learn that it was Liberty Global's decision not to proceed with the Amazon deal.

For me, this is a very serious problem, and if there is not a reversal of this decision, it will impact on my plans to stick with VM. I really want VM to be a magnet for content, but this revelation makes me wonder where the hell they stand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-growth-cools/

Pay-TV’s push back against streaming is building, however. Two industry sources revealed that last year Virgin Media was close to a deal to add Amazon’s streaming service to its subscription packages, before its parent company Liberty Global stepped in to pull the plug. It is understood the pan-European cable giant held fears about the long-term threat Amazon could pose to its pay-TV business.

Come on OB; get over it and use your Roku!
Old 14-08-2017, 18:27   #3603
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Completely power down your tv leave for 60 seconds then switch back on, that normally fixes this issue for my Samsung tv.
Many thanks, I'll try that as soon as I can
Old 14-08-2017, 21:20   #3604
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The first feature on tonight's One Show was about the Digital Economy Act which can lead to those viewing content unlawfully going prison for up to 10 years. One man has been sent to prison for 4 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0916h81

Is this a real threat to such users or simply scaremongering?
Old 14-08-2017, 21:36   #3605
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The first feature on tonight's One Show was about the Digital Economy Act which can lead to those viewing content unlawfully going prison for up to 10 years. One man has been sent to prison for 4 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0916h81

Is this a real threat to such users or simply scaremongering?
He was sent to prison for selling the boxes.
Those who are simply just streaming are fine for now, those who are tech wise and know how to use a vpn will be fine.
Old 15-08-2017, 11:30   #3606
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Amazon closes DVD rental service Lovefilm.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...vice-lovefilm/
Old 15-08-2017, 12:47   #3607
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Only cinema paradiso left now for dvd rentals.
Old 15-08-2017, 13:42   #3608
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

The price of progress, Den. Streaming is the in thing these days.
Old 15-08-2017, 13:49   #3609
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Spot on!
Old 15-08-2017, 14:49   #3610
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
One can their stopwatch by you OB as it did not take you long to offer your reply.
Old 15-08-2017, 15:53   #3611
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
One can their stopwatch by you OB as it did not take you long to offer your reply.
I expect the same from you and Dave as soon as I mention Sky Atantic, which doubtless will be coming to our screens very soon!
Old 15-08-2017, 16:01   #3612
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I expect the same from you and Dave as soon as I mention Sky Atantic, which doubtless will be coming to our screens very soon!
That famed straw hat is still waiting there for you OB to eat as its just a matter of time before it comes into use again when your famed wise age old predictions goes belly up again and again.
Old 15-08-2017, 17:33   #3613
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
That famed straw hat is still waiting there for you OB to eat as its just a matter of time before it comes into use again when your famed wise age old predictions goes belly up again and again.
Can I make my own prediction? And I'll eat that straw hat if I'm wrong!

Sky Atlantic will be offered to VM at a reasonable price once Game of Thrones ends next year!
Old 15-08-2017, 17:48   #3614
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Can I make my own prediction? And I'll eat that straw hat if I'm wrong!

Sky Atlantic will be offered to VM at a reasonable price once Game of Thrones ends next year!
You could well be right buckeye and seeing you are much nicer to me OB will still face his likely sentence of eating that straw hat sooner rather then later.
Old 15-08-2017, 18:41   #3615
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
You could well be right buckeye and seeing you are much nicer to me OB will still face his likely sentence of eating that straw hat sooner rather then later.
From the banter on these forums I'm guessing OB could make a few PPV pennies by live streaming his hat eating exploits
Closed Thread