Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is this a get lost message?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is this a get lost message?

Old 04-06-2018, 19:40   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Is this a get lost message?

Out of contract so l am looking around. This virgins 'offer'. Via my virgin media your offer\upgrade full house bundle £108.90 per month! For new customers forgetting any discount offer £78 80 . Or there about .
Old 04-06-2018, 20:01   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is this a get lost message?

That page is pretty useless. When I had broadband only, it offered me an upgrade to talk weekends for £32 per month - admittedly £5 of that was a discount I would have lost from my broadband contract, but even so it was extortionate.

I currently have 50mb BB and talk more anytime - there's no option to add just Player TV to that bundle on the Offers and Upgrades screen, I'd have to upgrade to 200mb BB amd Talk More International too, despite not needing either.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 20:01   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Nah, the offers on the account page have always been rubbish. If you want a deal you'll have to phone up retentions.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 15:29   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Nah, the offers on the account page have always been rubbish. If you want a deal you'll have to phone up retentions.
Even better put in a notice on cancellation, you'll soon get a deal.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 15:31   #5
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Use the online chat, they seem to offer great deals without needing to be in a call queue.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 18:26   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Out of contract so l am looking around. This virgins 'offer'. Via my virgin media your offer\upgrade full house bundle £108.90 per month! For new customers forgetting any discount offer £78 80 . Or there about .
Thanks guys retentions is the way. I would go.However my point was that they want £108.90 for JUST a bog standard full house. Not any sky like extras just checked again basic full house via my offers £108.90 per month . Had phone call offering full house at £78.80 with doubled up broadband.. declined saying match new customer and you have a deal .didn't happen . As l am out of contract l will just stay put thank you.

Last edited by Itshim; 08-06-2018 at 19:42. Reason: Just updating
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 21:30   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks guys retentions is the way. I would go.However my point was that they want £108.90 for JUST a bog standard full house. Not any sky like extras just checked again basic full house via my offers £108.90 per month . Had phone call offering full house at £78.80 with doubled up broadband.. declined saying match new customer and you have a deal .didn't happen . As l am out of contract l will just stay put thank you.
Don't quite understand that -- so you were offered a deal at £78.80 but you declined that in favour of the status quo at £108.90?

I don't know what you're on....
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 21:59   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't quite understand that -- so you were offered a deal at £78.80 but you declined that in favour of the status quo at £108.90?

I don't know what you're on....
Currently on L now called fun at £56 per month .Out of contract. The offer looking at my virgin media isUpgrade at £108.90 to full house . Far more than current undiscounted new customer. Price
Old 10-06-2018, 22:09   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Currently on L now called fun at £56 per month .Out of contract. The offer looking at my virgin media isUpgrade at £108.90 to full house . Far more than current undiscounted new customer. Price
But you said you were offered £78.80 and double broadband. What am I not understanding?

If you are expecting the deal being offered to new customers, you will be disappointed.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:51   #10
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

You are missing the point - the current new customer price is discounted to attract new customers
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 14:11   #11
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Looks like everyone has missed Itshim's key work in his post... 'current undiscounted new customer price'

He is quite quite right, ignoring any new customer offers, Full House is priced at £75 per month. Not sure why he is being offered it for £108.90. VM billing strikes again probably.

The moral of the story, always phone them and ignore anything online. So much easier to haggle with a person than your own computer.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 19:50   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Looks like everyone has missed Itshim's key work in his post... 'current undiscounted new customer price'

He is quite quite right, ignoring any new customer offers, Full House is priced at £75 per month. Not sure why he is being offered it for £108.90. VM billing strikes again probably.

The moral of the story, always phone them and ignore anything online. So much easier to haggle with a person than your own computer.
THANK YOU starting to think l was missing something in my posts.Did not want or need to upgrade However have been offered new customer s offer. Taken it of cause
Old 11-06-2018, 20:56   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
THANK YOU starting to think l was missing something in my posts.Did not want or need to upgrade However have been offered new customer s offer. Taken it of cause
Glad to hear you got there in the end. Enjoy!!
Old 13-06-2018, 11:10   #14
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Excellent news, always good to post what offers CS are giving out. It gives the rest of us an idea of what we can aim for. Good negotiating getting a new customer offer, it's almost unheard of.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 19:32   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Excellent news, always good to post what offers CS are giving out. It gives the rest of us an idea of what we can aim for. Good negotiating getting a new customer offer, it's almost unheard of.
Guess the fact that l gave notice had the affect .Honestly Freeview and Netflix is all I require and anybody's reasonabe bb works for me. The question was asked what did l want and told them 10 meg and Freeview , so l was giving notice. Came back with new customer offer.