Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 12:36   #1906
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Thank God for that I've just spoken to 2x different people to check there was 2x v6 on order for 64.99 glad someone else is getting the same was beginning to think something was up with the order
First person I spoke to at VM didn't have a clue what was going on.
Second person was very helpful. Confirmed the £64.99 was for both V6s and possibly included both activation fees too.

I was told that my VIP package would go up by £10 a month, so seems they are charging a monthly fee of £5 per box, which I didn't think was too bad.
My loyalty discount also absorbs some of this cost anyway.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 12:38   #1907
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thank God for that I've just spoken to 2x different people to check there was 2x v6 on order for 64.99 glad someone else is getting the same was beginning to think something was up with the order
Glad to hear that, a woman originally tried to charge me £154 for two boxes
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:40   #1908
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
It was a woman who I spoke to first too....they really haven't got a clue hahaha lol uh oh sexist alert haha
Old 06-12-2016, 12:43   #1909
offmore
cf.member

offmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I was told the same as you , and my monthly payment would go up by £5
offmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:54   #1910
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Second person was very helpful. Confirmed the £64.99 was for both V6s and possibly included both activation fees too.

I was told that my VIP package would go up by £10 a month, so seems they are charging a monthly fee of £5 per box, which I didn't think was too bad.
Virgin stated our package won't go up as a result. The fees for TiVo remain the same,there is no reason for a £10 charge as the box comes with no additional fees and no hidden charges

"Virgin Media will also undercut Sky on the cost of upgrading. Subscribers to top tier cable packages will not be charges extra, whereas Sky Q introduced a ‘super premium’ package."

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
I was told the same as you , and my monthly payment would go up by £5
Your monthly payment doesn't go up as stated by Virgin media

Virgin Media will also undercut Sky on the cost of upgrading. Subscribers to top tier cable packages will not be charges extra, whereas Sky Q introduced a ‘super premium’ package.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

Hi Liam. Great news! It's available at no extra monthly charge (unlike the latest boxes from some of our competitors). There is just a small, one-off activation fee of £99.95 (£49.95 if you're on our top TV pack). Mark
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:56   #1911
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I wasn't told there was a 10 pound charge for 2x boxes and just checked and they said my monthly amount won't change . Have you had a email to confirm your order yet ?
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:57   #1912
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

I know why, sorry...It's my setup that changed.

I went from having 1 x Tivo, 1 x V+HD and 2 x VHD boxes, to 2 x V6, 1 x Tivo and 1 x V+HD...my bad...sorry guys.
Old 06-12-2016, 13:04   #1913
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Virgin Media will also undercut Sky on the cost of upgrading. Subscribers to top tier cable packages will not be charges extra, whereas Sky Q introduced a ‘super premium’ package.
Like you were told ages ago Sky are charging for UHD whether they advertise it as included or not. VM have none of their own subscription UHD currently so no need to charge.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:15   #1914
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Im on the higher package. already got a tivo.

Just want to replace the old tivo with the new one? What would i excpect?

cant get through even on the online chat!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:15   #1915
mparker42
Inactive

Services: V+HD 20MB Broadband
mparker42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ordered 2 V6 and was charged £115 with an installation date of end 31/01/17
mparker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:19   #1916
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker42 View Post
Just ordered 2 V6 and was charged £115 with an installation date of end 31/01/17
I and some one else on here got 2x for 64.99 I've checked and there is definitely 2x v6 boxes been ordered for me not sure why I gor it cheaper but someone else on here did to ?
Old 06-12-2016, 13:20   #1917
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Im on the higher package. already got a tivo.

Just want to replace the old tivo with the new one? What would i excpect?

cant get through even on the online chat!
Keep trying mate, I got through, guy was really helpful. They still learning new things as he took a while to reply, but got there in the end. Install date and costs all confirmed, so I'm good to go.
Old 06-12-2016, 13:20   #1918
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

£115 would seem to be the correct price for two V6 boxes on the top package as it's 2 x £49.95 + £14.99

Last edited by BenMcr; 06-12-2016 at 13:23.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:21   #1919
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I and some one else on here got 2x for 64.99 I've checked and there is definitely 2x v6 boxes been ordered for me not sure why I gor it cheaper but someone else on here did to ?
I was also confirmed that price for 2 V6s.
Did you register your interest? Are you on higher package? Maybe these could be the factors?
Old 06-12-2016, 13:23   #1920
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
I was also confirmed that price for 2 V6s.
Did you register your interest? Are you on higher package? Maybe these could be the factors?

Yes registered interest but never got a call. I'm on 200 meg broadband and top tv package . Did you get a email to confirm your order I haven't yet ?