Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-02-2007, 23:53   #31
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Latest update - install tomorrow afternoon, and today received a welcome pack with all kinds of info in it. Never got this from NTL either when I first joined or when I upgraded.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2007, 13:36   #32
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by awibble View Post
when i called to change the package i ordered...

phone answered fast, plesent staff, knew what i wanted and how to give it to me. Quick and efficent..

But the most important thing for me was that they where in the UK.
things are definitley looking up, i am now getting the quality service that i was receving with the virgin mobile team. so keep up the good work richard branson.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 16:05   #33
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

My first encounter with VM today!

Called retentions, picked up after 5 mins wait... was a bit shocked! [use to a 20 min wait atleast!]

All sorted, very helpful
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 16:22   #34
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I've almost always had a great customer service from ntl, i'll have to vote another time if or when i need to ring Virgin Media.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 18:35   #35
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Well - install happened. Technician was great. Apologised as I was only his 2nd V+ install, so he wasn't 100%, but not a problem as he was up front about it and I've spent the last week on here. Got the new SACM and is all up and running. A bit of a hiccup and had to go back and forth between departments as they had upgraded me to 10M on one part of the system, but hadn't actually sent the info to the modem. But everyone was polite and helpful, and listened and no problems at all. A little bit of waiting on hold - more than I'd like overall, but considering the uptake of service etc, it wasn't bad - probably 5 minutes on hold max per time which, to be honest, is excellent compared to what it's been in the past.

The Tech said the whole atmosphere in the company has changed, and it's so much better already, so hopefully it will keep improving.

So have finally cast my vote - although there was some hanging about and a bit of 'pillar to post'ing done - overall it was excellent and I'm glad to see it improving.

YAY - 10Mg has arrived!!!
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 12:53   #36
Pittcity
Inactive

Services: Virgin Phone L, Broadband M, TV L & V+............. First Telecom Cable Saver for cheap phone calls
Pittcity is on a distinguished roadPittcity is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Ordered a change to my package online....what a mistake!
The most useless question they ask online is "When would you like our engineer to call?" They then give you a list of dates and times, but no clue as to how long the waiting time is or if first thing tomorrow morning is already booked up!!
I heard nothing for a week..not even an automated "we have received your order and will get back to you" type email.
I checked my voicemail at 11.25 on Saturday and there was a message from virgin saying the engineer would be with me from 12 to 6 that day.
Needless to say the engineer did not have my V plus box as it wasn't on my order and by the time I could phone cutomer services they had gone home for the weekend.
When I finally got through on Monday, after hearing the message that they had a technical fault and later a 15 minute wait on hold, I spoke to an apologetic lady who checked my order. I was not surprised to hear that they had a completely different order to the one I originally placed.....no Vplus box and TV size XL, I wanted size L.....I thought I had a lot of odd channels!!
Everything was quickly sorted, my TV package was immediately downgraded and my bill changed to the 3 for £30 offer. I am expecting my V plus box next week....hopefully I will not have to ring customer services again and I definitely will not try using the online ordering any more!!
Pittcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 14:12   #37
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

My first experience of Virgin Media was good, I upgraded on the Existing Cutomer thingy on their website and this morning a very pleasant young lady rang me to say that the online order did not complete (2 for £20) ( although it said it had) and although she did her best to sell me the upgraded STB ( with the HD) I settled for the basic one and she gave me an install date and time. However, half an hour later I got another phone call from someone else in VM trying to do exactly the same thing. I really hope that this is a settling in problem and that they are going to be more efficient than ntl!
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 14:32   #38
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Something very odd happened to me. I was expecting an engineer on Friday afternoon, but at 10:30 he called me...

... to say he was going to be early! He knocked on the door a couple of minutes later.
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 15:02   #39
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Thud.
NTLVictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 16:17   #40
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I have to say Ive just come back to Virgin Media "NTL" it was about 5 years ago when i was last with NTL/VM, Customer Services has never been so good. Nice One Virgin
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 11:21   #41
shugdot
Inactive

shugdot is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so easy to upgrade. I have eventually given up waiting for CS to reply to emails and decided to phone. I lost count on the number of times I was put on hold and transferred to another department, at least every time I was put on hold there was a differnt tune playing. I will have to wait a couple of weeks for my upgrade and I am hope that the work will be carried out in the the selected time slot. As an aside, if you have read previous my previous thoughts on the subject, my wife is an authorised named person to make changes to the services we receive and CS do not understand why one of their colleagues refused to speak to her. Will CS improve? I suppose they have been very busy, and still are, since the rebranding of the company. I don't want people to think that I moan all the time. I have to say that they do seem very busy and the staff I spoke to were fairly helpful. Maybe there is just not enough of them for the spate of enquiries and sales that they are experiencing just now.
shugdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 14:54   #42
Clan
Inactive

Clan is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoned up to upgrade to XL got it for nothin!

Seemsm good in my book.

Clan
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 17:44   #43
clontarf
Inactive

clontarf is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my broadband put in on Monday. Engineer really helpful. Explained that Bulldog hadn't ported my number and also put me in touch re: the promise of a router when i took out the 10gb service with customer service. Who are sorting out the number and credited me with £40 to my account as compensation for no router. Nice people. Impressed so far.
clontarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 15:46   #44
neoapple
Inactive

Services: 10MB BB, Family Pack TV
neoapple is on a distinguished roadneoapple is on a distinguished road

sorry to be rude here but why am i still getting india when phoning i thought they were stopping that
line reception is rubbish
neoapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 19:53   #45
wavesound
Inactive

wavesound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
First time on here and all becouse of Virgin/NTL.

Had to call them lastw eek as the phone was playing up we have phone/tv/b/band with NTL now virgin.

Called them up and got through within minutes (this was monday)

said someone would come out and repair the thing outside the house on Friday between 8 am and 1 pm.

Guess what no show.

I now phone the 0545 no and get routed to india ( I have a braodband phone luckily, but can be a bit hit and miss when it rains!)

Firsta call Friday they informed me that all there systems were down ( at 2pm) and they couldnt get any info for me.

called again at 6pm and guess what still all down, I asked the guy was he in India and he said yes.

So it's been a week without the landline phone.

So I guess were at stop here till monday.

I did have another number to call 0871 275 1111
but this is a recording??

So it goes on!

Cheers
Bob

Ps were based in Cardiff NTL been fine for years
wavesound is offline   Reply With Quote