Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 08-12-2020, 10:10   #1531
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Sky have confirmed that Sky Cinema Disney (ch. 407) is renaming to Five Star Movies on New Year's Eve, before shutting permanently on 6th January 2021. My prediction had come true. 🤣
Source, I can't find anything
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2020, 11:28   #1532
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Listed here. We get back Sky Cinema Premiere+1 instead.
Link
Quote:
On 23 July 2020, Sky Cinema launched a twelfth channel, Sky Cinema Animation, replacing Sky Cinema Premiere +1 on Sky and Virgin Media UK. Sky Cinema Premiere +1 continued to air on Virgin Media Ireland until its removal on 13 August 2020.[32] The channel will resume broadcasting on 6 January 2021, replacing Sky Cinema Disney.
Renaming it to "Five Star Movies" seems a stopgap. Surely Disney programming is one of the channels that wouldn't need renaming over the Christmas period.

Getting very silly with people having to have a dozen or so different subscriptions to different content.

Last edited by nomadking; 08-12-2020 at 11:32.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:58   #1533
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I think Ben or Spiderplant mentioned the Horizon software will be rolled out on the V6 eventually.
Don't think we said it would be rolled out. But it can be deployed onto the V6 boxes, and that is being trialled at the moment. (And we don't use the H-word any more. It's TV360)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:30   #1534
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Don't think we said it would be rolled out. But it can be deployed onto the V6 boxes, and that is being trialled at the moment. (And we don't use the H-word any more. It's TV360)

TV360 is too Xbox 360-ish for me (though blander). And Horizon software is deployed elsewhere...so I don't see the problem with using either or both depending on context. I mean we say V6 and it runs TiVo, which we still mention. So saying TV360 which runs Horizon isn't any different.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:52   #1535
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Thanks Spiderplant.

On VM news had a phonecall this morning from VM asking if i'd like to sign up (they have my permission to contact me) i said "no as VM isn't in my block" they said it's coming very soon.

So it'll arrive around 2035 in my block then
Old 08-12-2020, 12:57   #1536
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Wikipedia: Discovery to rebrand some channels in 2021.

Wikipedia is reporting that Discovery are set to rebrand some Discovery own channels next year:

Really will become Discovery Really
TLC HD & +1 will become Discovery TLC HD & +1
Quest HD & +1 will become Discovery Quest HD & +1
Quest Red SD & +1 will become Discovery Quest Red SD & +1
Food Network SD & +1 will become Discovery Food Network SD & +1
HGTV SD & +1 will become Discovery HGTV SD & +1[COLOR="Silver"]
Sounds like bullshit tbh. Anyone can make up rubbish like that on Wikipedia.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 13:04   #1537
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Quite. I hope so, on certain EPGs (various Freeview ones particularly) they'll all be cropped and just read Discovery, which won't help viewers at all.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 13:04   #1538
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Key trick I find with Wikipedia is to look for a link to the information on it. If there's no link to information like that then I treat it with caution.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 14:03   #1539
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM might be about to combine the Virgin Media Store (to buy movies & TV box sets) and Virgin Movies (to rent movies) into one service.

They've replaced the Virgin Movies section on this page with Virgin Media Store.

Virgin TV Go has been updated with logos for 'Virgin Media Store Rent' and 'Virgin Media Store Buy', although the text titles are still showing as 'Virgin Movies' and 'VM Store UK'.

It's always been a bit messy having them as separate services, one part of the main UI and the other as an app/website.
Old 08-12-2020, 14:15   #1540
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Key trick I find with Wikipedia is to look for a link to the information on it. If there's no link to information like that then I treat it with caution.
As Wiki themselves state
Quote:
Wikipedia is not a reliable source for academic writing or research. Wikipedia is increasingly used by people in the academic community, from freshman students to distinguished professorship, as an easily accessible tertiary source for information about anything and everything, and as a quick "ready reference", to get a sense of a concept or idea.

However, citation of Wikipedia in research papers may be considered unacceptable, because Wikipedia is not a reliable source.[1][2][3]

Many[4] colleges and universities (especially in some high schools and private schools) have a policy that prohibits students from using Wikipedia as their source for doing research papers, essays, or anything equivalent. This is because Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any moment. Although when an error is recognized, it is usually fixed. However, because Wikipedia cannot monitor thousands of edits made every day, some of those edits could contain vandalism or could be simply wrong and left unnoticed for days, weeks, months, or even years.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Academic_use
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 15:32   #1541
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Thanks Spiderplant.

On VM news had a phonecall this morning from VM asking if i'd like to sign up (they have my permission to contact me) i said "no as VM isn't in my block" they said it's coming very soon.

So it'll arrive around 2035 in my block then
Just in time for linear to be obsolete....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 15:46   #1542
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
l thought it was 2025...
Old 08-12-2020, 16:20   #1543
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Old 09-12-2020, 15:17   #1544
SonicMaster
cf.geek

In the V6 TV Guide, VM are now using the ITV HD logo on both 103 and 113, whoops!
Old 09-12-2020, 18:29   #1545
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Confirmed in TV and Sattelite weekly has a banner saying "Sky Cinema Disney closes on 31st December 2020"