Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2008, 02:46   #9016
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
[Snip]
Where/to whom do we donate money for the Google adwords fund?
To AlexanderHanff on https://nodpi.org
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2008, 03:02   #9017
Sparkytus
Inactive

Services: Broadband 2Meg TV (S) & Phone too.
Sparkytus is an unknown quantity at this point

I must say that I only found out about this "Deep Packet Intrusion" thing a short time ago, half an hour ago in fact, and I'm still reading up on it through the NoDPI.org site.

I, like member "Delta Whiskey" who posted (#40), use FF & Ad-Block Plus, though I don't use any list, I just block what I don't like to see.

I do have reservations about people's surfing habits being "Sold" though, why does money have to rule (ruin) everything these days?

My two cents, as they say.

TTFN, Sparkytus.
Old 16-06-2008, 05:49   #9018
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
That is scary to think a child could do that, But the MP shouldn't allow their child to use the Computer that is ment to be used for work.
this is a point i have made to BT on several occasions and just get back it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to ensure I educate the users on my network???

i am waiting for a reply from dear emma regarding this and other issues, hopefully in the next few days

if BT / Phorm can't know who is surfing HOW can they know WHO is accepting the contract and if they can LEGALLY accept the initial change in T's and C's, UNLESS THEY HAVE ACCESS TO BT's CUSTOMER DATABASE!!!
Old 16-06-2008, 08:06   #9019
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Quote:
I think that this quote is appropriate from cablehell forum

Very good, not seen that quote before
Old 16-06-2008, 09:02   #9020
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Sneak preview of the new design for NoDPI.Org

The colours are just place holders. Let me know what you think.

Alexander Hanff
Old 16-06-2008, 09:32   #9021
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys just seen this blog:

http://www.sharescity.com/

"Phorm shares ready to bounce"

Anyone buy the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find anything on the net to substantiate the above.
Old 16-06-2008, 09:36   #9022
Blackbeak
Inactive

Blackbeak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
Many thanks for this and for showing yourself open to reasoned debate. I take my hat off.

Do you think you could add your voice to those contacting the EU Commission on this issue and suggest that your readers may like to do likewise?
Tell me who to write too. Post it either here or on my blog and I'll gladly do so. I have already passed my 2 posts on the matter to my contacts at BT whom have yet to respond, though to be fair it's still early!

I have informed the Web Analytics Association in Finland about this and will inform my UK WAA contacts directly to see if they would be prepared to lend their support to the argument.
Old 16-06-2008, 09:38   #9023
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters View Post

Anyone buy the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find anything on the net to substantiate the above.
New member Zwade mentioned it in his first post you can find it in post 8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwade View Post
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of months but I had to sign up because you have to see this...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4137799.ece

about half way down the page

<snip> BT – where the latest trial of the technology begins this week </snip>

zwade
Ohh and Zwade and all the other new contributors
Old 16-06-2008, 09:42   #9024
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
New member Zwade mentioned it in his first post you can find it in post 8929

Ohh and Zwade and all the other new contributors
Hmmmm..... I was looking at the Sunday Times Website, nothing there.

Anyhow thanks
Old 16-06-2008, 09:47   #9025
Frank Rizzo
Inactive

Frank Rizzo is an unknown quantity at this point

re: When is the start of the new trial?

I'll give an odds-on price that the start date will be announced on the same day that the 80/20 PIA is released to the press.

No. I won't take any bets on this now. IMO it's a cert.
Old 16-06-2008, 09:49   #9026
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Hmmmm..... I was looking at the Sunday Times Website, nothing there.

Anyhow thanks
It's about halfway down the article, stating BT will be starting the trials this week, and that Kent may have another ISP joining up.
Old 16-06-2008, 09:56   #9027
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeak View Post
Tell me who to write too. Post it either here or on my blog and I'll gladly do so. I have already passed my 2 posts on the matter to my contacts at BT whom have yet to respond, though to be fair it's still early!

I have informed the Web Analytics Association in Finland about this and will inform my UK WAA contacts directly to see if they would be prepared to lend their support to the argument.
Viviane Reding

Member of the European Commission

BE-1049 Brussels

Belgium

---

Many thanks Blackbeak.
Old 16-06-2008, 10:14   #9028
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeak View Post

Also Meglena Kuneva... who (I believe) is visiting the UK on Friday to discuss Phorm with UKG. (Faxing her might be your bet option btw).

Meglena Kuneva
telephone number +32 229 93384
fax number +32 229 95372
BERL 8/218

EUROPEAN COMMISSION
Directorate General for 'Health and Consumers'
B-1049 BRUSSELS
Old 16-06-2008, 10:17   #9029
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That is scary to think a child could do that, But the MP shouldn't allow their child to use the Computer that is ment to be used for work.
We all know they shouldn't but many do let them either way if phorm is on the network how many Government ministers use BTinternet for their connection. We know most are not totally IT complient, understand the workings ofd the PC and internet. How long before Government documents start to show up for sale taken from the mirror images phorm do..

This program in the wrong hands (oops it already is in the wrong hands) is a danger to stae security a bigger danger than any terrorist trying to gain entry to the UK this is the unexploded bomb from within...

Quote:

Wonder if the trials will go ahead I know Emma has stopped replying to me maybe it is time to try another letter.

Still not happy with the excuse on why the shareholders haven't been told about phorm past history or what this program can do ahh almost forget maybe the BT cheifs don't understand phorm or its true potential since they cut out BT Design in the trials...
Old 16-06-2008, 10:35   #9030
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Someone, somewhere, is desperate to shore up Phorm's share price.

I can't help but wonder if there is a PR feint going on here, to test and measure public resistance (they've done this a few times over the last few months).

Personally I still think, the signs are not there for this week. BT haven't published anything in their own name. The webwise kit is in the 'wrong' hands if anonymity is going to be assured by anyone. EC Commission is on their backs on Friday.

Be prepared by all means (I am, I left my Phorm infected ISP), but watch out for the PR strategy at work too.
Closed Thread