Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Orville

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Orville

Old 05-02-2022, 01:39   #76
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Orville

Wow. That looks fantastic. Impressive looking Cg as well.

Also loving the new opening title sequence. Certainly lots of changes for the new series.
Old 15-04-2022, 23:51   #77
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
The Orville is returning for its third season after a long absence but, season three is likely the end of the Hulu series. Series creator/star Seth MacFarlane and the other members of the cast were released from their contracts in August and have moved on to other projects. If a fourth season were to be made, it would likely be difficult to reassemble the entire cast.
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...th-macfarlane/
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 02:06   #78
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well that sucks.
Old 16-04-2022, 02:24   #79
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Yeah, they have shot themselves in the foot there. You would have thought any new network would commit to two or three seasons. Otherwise what is the point of picking it up? The problem they have got now is that if season 3 is a great success they cant renew the series for a fourth season, or if they do, it will cost them a fortune and involve lengthy contract negotiations.
Old 16-04-2022, 03:39   #80
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Shame, but it must be very expensive for them to make.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2022, 22:24   #81
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 12-05-2022, 20:40   #82
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Confirmation it will premiere on Disney+ in the UK on the same day
https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/s...rXBXzNK1w&s=19
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 11:33   #83
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Confirmation it will premiere on Disney+ in the UK on the same day
https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/s...rXBXzNK1w&s=19

So time waste watching another US program that Di$ney have put on their premium platform.

I guess they either don't care about viewing figures, I won't nor can I justify paying for a premium channel.

I guess they want people to find nefarious means to watch it without the cost, that people cannot pay during the current climate

Last edited by Hom3r; 13-05-2022 at 11:47.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 11:46   #84
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Many people have D+ at the moment so it will certainly get a lot of views. Also with Obi Wan releasing soon there of plenty good things to watch. I prefer it to Netflix.
Old 13-05-2022, 11:48   #85
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Many people have D+ at the moment so it will certainly get a lot of views. Also with Obi Wan releasing soon there of plenty good things to watch. I prefer it to Netflix.

With the cost PM, it's actually cheaper for me to buy the Blu-ray when I comes out .
Old 13-05-2022, 12:13   #86
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

You can buy it annually at a slightly cheaper price.

Disney in future will stop producing physical media. This was reported a while back.

There is so much to watch. I've recently rewatched Buffy, X Files and Angel as all episode are there now. Lots of Nat Geo content too. It's not just star wars and Marvel.
Old 13-05-2022, 12:44   #87
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've recently rewatched Buffy, X Files
two superb series which are worth their weight in gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
So time waste watching another US program that Di$ney have put on their premium platform.
I actually look at this as a positive. Having it on Disney+ will open it up to a wider audience and if there is a spike in ratings you might find Disney want to renew it and keep it going as their own version of Star Trek so they have got an offering comparable to Amazon and Netflix.
Old 14-05-2022, 13:10   #88
General Maximus
Ran Away

The new issue of SFX has got a good 8 page feature on the new season if anyone is interested:

It is a cracking magazine and covers all things scifi past, present and future. If you are interest they do some cracking offers. The current subscription offer is less than £4 per issue and I think I am paying the equivalent of £5 atm so it is a good offer.

Old 14-05-2022, 13:13   #89
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The new issue of SFX has got a good 8 page feature on the new season if anyone is interested:

It is a cracking magazine and covers all things scifi past, present and future. If you are interest they do some cracking offers. The current subscription offer is less than £4 per issue and I think I am paying the equivalent of £5 atm so it is a good offer.

It is on Readily too sweet. My Dad subs and shares hahaha

I will get this issue on the 18th.

Last edited by Jaymoss; 14-05-2022 at 13:17.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 13:46   #90
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It is on Readily too sweet. My Dad subs and shares hahaha

I will get this issue on the 18th.
It’s also on Apple News+ which I hadn’t thought to check until you said that. Happy days
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote