Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports reduced to £8.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Old 16-03-2020, 16:54   #16
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There will be no refunds for Sky Sports customers.

https://advanced-television.com/2020...no-live-sport/
That's because the games may still be played, the situation will change if the PL call time on this season.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2020, 19:45   #17
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Think Sky are morally wrong not to reduce the price of sky sports for existing customers given that there is pretty much no live sport. Simple solution though is to cancel it.

Last edited by Henkesghost; 16-03-2020 at 20:25.
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 19:56   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Think Sky are morally wrong not to reduce the price of sky sports for existing customers given that there is pretty much no love sport. Simple solution though is to cancel it.
Unless the T&C's state otherwise which l doubt that it does they will expect subscribers to adhere to their contracts.
Old 16-03-2020, 20:02   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Simple solution though is to cancel it.
Done today, although you have to give 30 days notice, so it wont take effect until mid April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Unless the T&C's state otherwise which l doubt that it does they will expect subscribers to adhere to their contracts.
Fortunately, my last 18 month contract ran out last week (what about that for timing).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 20:12   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Done today, although you have to give 30 days notice, so it wont take effect until mid April.

Fortunately, my last 18 month contract ran out last week (what about that for timing).
Unfortunately our new contract started in early January.
Old 16-03-2020, 20:23   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Did they try to tempt you to stay with a discounted deal or did they just accept your request to cancel without any hassle?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 20:42   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Did they try to tempt you to stay with a discounted deal or did they just accept your request to cancel without any hassle?
Of course they tried, they would not be very good at their job if they didnt.
I simply didnt take up (all) their offer. They reduced my standard package, which I was happy to do.

Old 16-03-2020, 23:20   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Of course they tried, they would not be very good at their job if they didnt.
I simply didnt take up (all) their offer. They reduced my standard package, which I was happy to do.
Didn't you have to take something that you didn't want (Boxsets I think you said it was called) in order to get Sky Sports? They might find that those cancelling Sky Sports also cancel the other stuff that they didn't really want.
Old 17-03-2020, 00:42   #24
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Didn't you have to take something that you didn't want (Boxsets I think you said it was called) in order to get Sky Sports?
Nope, no idea why you think that.

Old 17-03-2020, 12:24   #25
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Well you could blow me down with a feather - just read that Sky have announced monthly increases averaging £3pm.

Do they live in a different world to the rest of us? Unbelievable?

I wonder how many will cancel their sports subs (and possibly sky tv in total) when they realise they haven't missed the football that much?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 15:36   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well you could blow me down with a feather - just read that Sky have announced monthly increases averaging £3pm.
Just ?

I got a letter about them weeks ago.

Old 17-03-2020, 20:11   #27
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Think Sky are morally wrong not to reduce the price of sky sports for existing customers given that there is pretty much no live sport. Simple solution though is to cancel it.
Sky have now confirmed:

Whilst we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will go ahead, if you wish to pause your Sky Sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period. Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 Sky Sports channels.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 20:13   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Sky have now confirmed:

Whilst we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will go ahead, if you wish to pause your Sky Sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period. Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 Sky Sports channels.
Three months minimum and possibly much longer OB.
Old 17-03-2020, 20:16   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 Sky Sports channels.[/I]
HQ Repeats ...

Old 18-03-2020, 05:35   #30
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

A word of warning though, it's transpired that, even though Sky Sports can be paused, if it is, then people are losing discounts eg one person found that they were then paying full price for movies.