Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2020, 19:43   #1411
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
My wife came down with the Virus symptoms and so did my stepson. So nearly 7 days in me and my 6 year old are the only ones that appear to be virus free and I even share a bed with the wife still.

So when I approached my manager about it I said I wasn't sure if this was just a cold bug or the symptoms of covid-19. They said to be safe have 14 days off. Now because they don't test and me and my daughter haven't got it.

I'm a bit worried that because they don't test and it wasn't Covid then my wife and stepson who might have just had a bug will be walking about thinking they are immune to it now and may end up catching it at a later date and think it's a bug then end up spreading it.
Welcome to the mystery that is health policy in the United Kingdom.
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2020, 19:47   #1412
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
My wife came down with the Virus symptoms and so did my stepson. So nearly 7 days in me and my 6 year old are the only ones that appear to be virus free and I even share a bed with the wife still.

So when I approached my manager about it I said I wasn't sure if this was just a cold bug or the symptoms of covid-19. They said to be safe have 14 days off. Now because they don't test and me and my daughter haven't got it.

I'm a bit worried that because they don't test and it wasn't Covid then my wife and stepson who might have just had a bug will be walking about thinking they are immune to it now and may end up catching it at a later date and think it's a bug then end up spreading it.
A simple solution to that is after self isolation, tell them to go back to living as though they haven't had it.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:04   #1413
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

IIRC they say if you've had contact with someone who has the virus (like my mum) you should self isolate for 14 days, I'm on day 1. But if on day 13 you develop sympton you should self isolate for another 7 days.

I had my HR manager meassage me about getting tested because I'm a key worker.

I'm very peeped with work over this, I'm following the goverment guidlines and that want me back.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:12   #1414
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Another policy u-turn.
What U-Turn would that be ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:13   #1415
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What U-Turn would that be ?
That it wasn’t necessary to test frontline workers. It’s in the gov.uk link.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:17   #1416
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Welcome to the mystery that is health policy in the United Kingdom.
I'm now growing tired of you continual useless jibes in this topic.

Do not post again unless you have something useful to say.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Quote:
That it wasn’t necessary to test frontline workers. It’s in the gov.uk link.
So no policy that says they wont.
Your just trying to twist it to you hate of all things related to the current government, again.

See above, you constant jibes at all things related to the current administration, and other CF members isnt needed.
Stop, or leave. I have better things to do than have to wade through your constant drivel in this topic.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:29   #1417
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I don’t hate all things this current Government do. Good decisions and bad decisions are good/bad regardless of who is in power.

Nobody wants this to go the way of Italy here and it’s far too important to get wrong.

I welcome, for instance, the Chancellor’s unprecedented intervention in supporting the economy. Employees, self-employed and small businesses at this time. A huge commitment and exactly the commitment we need to ensure people do what we need them to do. Stay home.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:38   #1418
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The facilities were simply not available before now. It doesn't involve self-contained test kits like pregnancy tests.
Link

Quote:
The first of three new laboratories is expected to start operating over the weekend and will initially process around 800 samples, the government said.
The two other labs are currently being set up and will be opening soon.
This is all being done with the help of universities, research institutes and companies such as Boots, which are lending their testing equipment for use in the labs.
It they're self-isolating because of a contaminated household, going back to that household isn't much use.
Old 27-03-2020, 20:39   #1419
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm an NHS worker and my wife is a teacher. I think it's certain she could have got it from work as the week starting that they closed the schools, 9 staff were off with it and just after the closed them down another 3 went down with it inc my wife.

After I spoke on the phone to my ward manager the testing station they had near me stopped doing tests due to not enough tests going about. It would have been nice to at least know.

I agree though go about like you've never had it.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:17   #1420
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

One thing i have noticed in the past couple of days is i can actually smell the sea,i only live about 300 mtrs from it but usually all i can smell is fumes and factory smells,the air quality seems so much better.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:36   #1421
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
One thing i have noticed in the past couple of days is i can actually smell the sea,i only live about 300 mtrs from it but usually all i can smell is fumes and factory smells,the air quality seems so much better.
That will have more to do with the wind direction, unless there are a huge number of factories sitting out at sea.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:49   #1422
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
That will have more to do with the wind direction, unless there are a huge number of factories sitting out at sea.
Well what can i say,there's nothing like an informed opinion.

And that was nothing like one
Old 28-03-2020, 10:57   #1423
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well what can i say,there's nothing like an informed opinion.

And that was nothing like one
It's called common sense. If the wind if coming from the direction of factories that are not operating, it won't smell of the sea, will it? I suppose it might, if they are on a narrow strip of land and the sea is also on the other side.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:07   #1424
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It's called common sense. If the wind if coming from the direction of factories that are not operating, it won't smell of the sea, will it? I suppose it might, if they are on a narrow strip of land and the sea is also on the other side.
And that is the case here,pluss the A180 cuts through the middle and the traffic smell is usually quite bad,but with the factories shut and no traffic i can actually smell the sea or if you want to get technical about it the Humber estuary.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:34   #1425
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's a tough time but there will be slight small things like this which we can make the best of. Enjoy.
Closed Thread