Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is this true about iPhones?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Is this true about iPhones?

Old 12-03-2021, 20:15   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Is this true about iPhones?

Is it true that if you search for 'Emergency SOS' in your phone & set it up, that it enables the following:

If you press your lock button five times in a row, it emits a loud siren and counts down to 3, then calls emergency services & sends texts to your emergency contacts to alert them you are in trouble along with your location.

It's being sent round facebook and I want to check it's not a load of rubbish before I tell my elderly aunt about it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2021, 20:19   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Is this true about iPhones?

Apple says so

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208076
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 20:22   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It also works on Android Phones
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 20:39   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thank you. It's just that it looked like some type of fake news that was being shared, like the one about free groceries.

It's good that this is true.
Old 13-03-2021, 10:31   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It is true, and I have accidentally triggered it by trying to squeeze my phone into an arm holder that was slightly too small
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 16:58   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It is true, and I have accidentally triggered it by trying to squeeze my phone into an arm holder that was slightly too small
Did you manage to stop it before the countdown ended?
Old 13-03-2021, 17:35   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Did you manage to stop it before the countdown ended?
Oh yes, I’ve never moved so fast
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 07:16   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I imagine there is all kinds of secret stuff on those...

One time drug dealers just happen to "pocket dial 911" .. I dont think they did,I think the phone was listening and police heard everything and thats how they got found out!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 09:26   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I imagine there is all kinds of secret stuff on those...

One time drug dealers just happen to "pocket dial 911" .. I dont think they did,I think the phone was listening and police heard everything and thats how they got found out!!
That's not a secret. That's called butt dialing.
Old 14-03-2021, 15:54   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
One time drug dealers just happen to "pocket dial 911"
I've done it at least twice (accidentally dialled the emergency services, not dealt drugs ). First time I dropped a large push-button phone and managed to dial 5555 while fumbling to catch it. The second time I was driving along and suddenly heard "emergency - which service do you require?" That was a genuine pocket-dial. Mortifying!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 21:12   #11
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Wow....Tell them you need the dept that helps ya stop random dialing right??

Im glad they said something and not just listenend!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote