Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez II

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez II

Old 14-06-2018, 00:39   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez II

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...oxing/44476998

We have a fight.
Old 15-06-2018, 07:40   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez II

Golovkin opens as betting favourite. I think everyone is coming to the same conclusion. Golovkin has tested Canelo, he's felt the best he had to offer whilst sacrificing his own offence albeit still really winning the fight. With that in mind people have come to the conclusion that Golovkin will never take a decision win from Golden Boy and will throw the kitchen sink at Canelo this time.

I think there's a fair chance Golovkin steams right through him.

Canelo on the other hand has the disadvantage of having thrown the best he had and again should've lost. He's been at a disadvantage since. He was doping though regardless of the findings. Golden boy just made that disappear with some smelly bank notes.

There's a bad taste in this one. Golden Boy's blatant corruption within the sport. Canelo doping and rigging judges.
Old 16-09-2018, 18:16   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez II

That fight nailed the lid shut on Vegas paydays. Horrific. I actually think Canelo could've edged it. Closer to a draw overall but the result isn't the issue. Once again it's the manner of the judges scoring which was just plain abysmal. Two of them were heading for 114 cards until the final round in which Golovkin took by a landslide somehow went Canelos way on both cards. In other words they'd dropped themselves right in it trying to balance the cards as much as possible and then were left in a hefty hole after giving Golovkin earlier rounds that were too close. Again though I could absolutely see a Canelo win but its clear as day he was never losing on points yet again. HBO were absolutely embarrassing throughout. They're without a doubt riding on Canelo, the last big draw in Vegas and that was evident for the entirety with massive bias.

The fight itself was alright. Some poor corner advice all round. Golovkin was told to throw single shots behind the jab and was losing every early round to it before his corner gave up and told him to throw combos which turned the tide. I mean cornering a world champion like that you really shouldn't be telling him to stick single shots when he's 5 rounds down.

Canelos corner then said GGG was finished and to chase the knockout. He wasn't finished and Canelo almost got laid out by chasing him. Left wide open and got peppered by shots. Corner then said you're not knocking him out and don't leave yourself open.

For the love of God, no third fight though. Golden Boy are beyond shady and I think people are finally fed up of it. Remembering the time Amir Khan schooled Canelo for 5 rounds before being knocked out by a single counter. However Canelo was winning on points. How exactly has never been explained to this day. Mayweather scored a draw with him despite a 12 round landslide.

Final thoughts are simple. You want legitimate PPVs that don't leave you fuming about the politics of boxing then watch Eddie Hearns mathroom boxing. Without a doubt becoming the new scene for world boxing. A welcome return to the world stage for the UK.