Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I may as well get a Virgin mobile too?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I may as well get a Virgin mobile too?

Old 27-03-2012, 04:23   #1
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road
I may as well get a Virgin mobile too?

Having already a landline phone (m), Tivo (m+) and Broadband (L)...I thought there might be a good offer out there for me!

1st of all, I have a phone I'm happy with. A Nokia 3710 fold....not top of the range. But good enough for what I want to use it for. But if there is an offer with a good solid phone, I would consider it.

I basically want between 100-200 mins a month to any network. 100-300 text to any network. Not fussed about internet.

I want to pay around 7-13 pound a month. Pay as you go, or contract...I don't mind.

Is there any such deals like this? (with or without phone). I tried searching the websites but I got too confused.

Any advice, recommendations are very welcome! Even if it's for another network lol. But I think virgin would offer the best deal because I already have 3 services with them.
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2012, 09:07   #2
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: I may as well get a Virgin mobile too?

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...sim-offer.html

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 13:48   #3
nefu
cf.member

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V+, XXL phone, several mobiles!
nefu is on a distinguished roadnefu is on a distinguished road

If you have a phone you are happy with you should consider a SIM only deal, usually get more mins/texts as no handset to fund.
nefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 00:32   #4
tomtank62
Inactive

tomtank62 is on a distinguished roadtomtank62 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
Having already a landline phone (m), Tivo (m+) and Broadband (L)...I thought there might be a good offer out there for me!

1st of all, I have a phone I'm happy with. A Nokia 3710 fold....not top of the range. But good enough for what I want to use it for. But if there is an offer with a good solid phone, I would consider it.

I basically want between 100-200 mins a month to any network. 100-300 text to any network. Not fussed about internet.

I want to pay around 7-13 pound a month. Pay as you go, or contract...I don't mind.

Is there any such deals like this? (with or without phone). I tried searching the websites but I got too confused.

Any advice, recommendations are very welcome! Even if it's for another network lol. But I think virgin would offer the best deal because I already have 3 services with them.
You could take a look at SIM only deals from Tesco Mobile which is who I use. They use the O2 network.
for example £10 per month gives you 250 minutes, 5000 texts on just a 1 month contract
tomtank62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:08   #5
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

For SIM only you should also look at giffgaff. £10/month for 250 mins and unlimited texts and data.

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags/10pound-facebook-goodybag
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 03:04   #6
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone!

Wow! those are very competetive prices there for tesco and giffgaff!

I ordered my free sim from gifgaff.
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 23:27   #7
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Aye! I wish I had waited a bit longer before signing up to an 18 Month mobile phone contract.

As a few weeks of doing that, we came back to V/M for all 3services again, and after reading the Mobile Phone deal available, I feel a but silly now
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 15:09   #8
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

I went to giffgaff a couple of months ago ... no complaints so far!

still got the VM landline but I don't use it.
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:39   #9
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

I've just dropped Vodafone and moved to Virgin mobile. I got myself a HTC One V (not a bad little phone) for free with a contract because i've also got Virgin TV and internet. My signal strength is now better where i live and i can actually get on the net with my phone in places where i couldn't before.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote