Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Security

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Black friday deal upgrade ?

Old 19-11-2017, 17:29   #1
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice
Question Black friday deal upgrade ?

Hi, i've had my LG G4 for two years now on a 3G sim and just this sec clicked to upgrade to a 4G plan. I was expecting to get the black friday deal like it says on the home page, but it looks like i've just got the normal standard deal. By the time i'd noticed that i didn't get the extra data per month, it was too late to stop it going through. Hope they give me the extra data anyway. BTW i signed up for the new deal on the Virgin Mobile website.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2017, 17:46   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Black friday deal upgrade ?

I got the new deal during the week and the deal does not say 4x data on paper but I have it. When I log into my account it says your current plan then below it says pending changes and at the bottom it states Lifetime 4 x Data new £0.00, hope that helps.

Like you I signed up for the new deal via the website.
Old 19-11-2017, 17:59   #3
12noon
Inactive

12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

I opted for the £9 deal, so i'm hoping you are right. Thanks.
Old 19-11-2017, 18:35   #4
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Just check your account and it should say pending changes below your current plan, if not you could always phone VM or use the chat online and ask.
Old 19-11-2017, 18:47   #5
12noon
Inactive

I've just had a look and it doesn't say anything about the black friday stuff. It just says pending 1GB. It say's nothing about the 4GB i was hoping for. I'll have to phone up and ask. I've to wait for my 4G sim as well tho.
Old 07-04-2018, 14:49   #6
12noon
Inactive

So months after (it's now April 2018) i've had to get another upgrade.

The 4GB data ended up on my wife's phone. Both our phones are in her name and when i logged into the Virgin website, i could see that the free 4GB for life had been added to her phone.

I still wanted more mobile data and for some reason the website didn't show any upgrades for my phone number. My wife's phone could be upgraded whenever, but my phone had nothing.

I phoned up to see about getting the latest £10 deal (after having to get my wife to go through the password process on the phone) that offered 3GB data and had free 3GB data for life.

After Virgin sent me another 4G sim card, i'm sorted. For some reason i'm now tied in to the deal for 1 year tho !