Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 14-08-2013, 14:14   #2266
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Entertainment Extra + , just felt we weren't getting value for money from the Sky premium channels.
Ive been thinking about doing same thing but for Sky Movies instead and using something like Now TV. If i did the thing i would miss the most would be downloading films from Sky Go Extra
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2013, 18:28   #2267
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ive been thinking about doing same thing but for Sky Movies instead and using something like Now TV. If i did the thing i would miss the most would be downloading films from Sky Go Extra
Last year when I still had Virgin Media I cancelled SKY Movies and SKY HD. With the money saved I bought myself a year pass for Cineworld which cost me £15.90 per month. My wife also bought one. We live very close to the cinema so for us it was great value. Plenty of cheap nights out watching the very latest movies. A much better experience than sitting watching movies at home.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:13   #2268
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Last year when I still had Virgin Media I cancelled SKY Movies and SKY HD. With the money saved I bought myself a year pass for Cineworld which cost me £15.90 per month. My wife also bought one. We live very close to the cinema so for us it was great value. Plenty of cheap nights out watching the very latest movies. A much better experience than sitting watching movies at home.
Ive got a Cineworld pass and go at least twice a month but sometimes its nice to just stick a movie on from STB
Old 15-08-2013, 10:47   #2269
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Sky phoned me up yesterday and gave me Broadband free for 12 months and a 2TB HD box, for free!

Happy days.
Old 15-08-2013, 14:15   #2270
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Sky phoned me up yesterday and gave me Broadband free for 12 months and a 2TB HD box, for free!

Happy days.
what box do you currently have pierre?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 16:48   #2271
jitee
Inactive

jitee is on a distinguished roadjitee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have a look for yourself its live in the Google play store now
Is it the Sky+ app! I looked today and it doesn't seem different to me! So what is it. ...
jitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 17:04   #2272
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitee View Post
Is it the Sky+ app! I looked today and it doesn't seem different to me! So what is it. ...
The Android Sky+ app now includes the clash management feature the iOS app has had for sometime it also includes the social features through Sky's investment in Zeebox.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:43   #2273
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
what box do you currently have pierre?
I've got a standard sky hd box last year and a standard sky+ box.
Old 19-08-2013, 13:09   #2274
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky+ app for ios v4.5 now available

What's New in Version 4.5

• Enhanced Search – search the TV Guide and On Demand by title, actor, channel, sport and lots more

• Stunning new DVD cover art in the Sky Movies and Sky Store sections of On Demand

• Discover More – now available on iPhone, actor and background info on shows, see topics that are trending, tweet about a show and post to Facebook from the app

• Don’t forget that when connected to your Sky+HD you can pull down in Planner to see how much space is left on your box (only available on latest Sky+HD box models and not compatible with Pace, Samsung and 780 box models)
Old 19-08-2013, 19:12   #2275
nstokes
Inactive

Thanks MM
Old 19-08-2013, 22:22   #2276
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Has the Sky Sports red button changed slightly this year ?
Old 19-08-2013, 22:24   #2277
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Has the Sky Sports red button changed slightly this year ?
In what way?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 22:26   #2278
nstokes
Inactive

I think it has
Old 19-08-2013, 22:32   #2279
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

The red prompt now says 'highlights' has it always said that ? Pressing 'I' now allows you to check team lineups , team news , league , scores etc has it always had this maybe I just haven't noticed.
Old 19-08-2013, 22:33   #2280
nstokes
Inactive

Didnt used to be like that, it used to be just a red button. It looks more HD like now as well IMO