Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii is Best selling console!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Wii is Best selling console!

Old 05-10-2007, 17:41   #16
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
Re: Wii is Best selling console!

just go to game, or gamestation, they normally have them, if not they can get them quick, so pre order

gamestation:
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=wii&t=hardware
game:
http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Hardware/HardwareBundle/
currys:
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...2&tm=undefined

But if your wanting one, and they now available, just ring your local shops e.g. above ones, and get your name on a register, you will have one within a week

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2007, 21:27   #17
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

I've tried your advice Ik, to no avail - they aren't taking names atm because they aren't sure when they are getting stock in
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32   #18
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

This site appears to have them in stock http://www.simplygames.com/info/1546...ahics-Pack-WII
Old 09-10-2007, 12:47   #19
ikthius
Inactive

ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I've tried your advice Ik, to no avail - they aren't taking names atm because they aren't sure when they are getting stock in
hey SB,

what is it you want? the console? a package?

if its a package, what games do you want?

the simply game is seeming a lot of money for really only one more game, and a skin for the controller, I would not buy there

ik
p.s. how I got mine, was walking into game and asking if they had any, they said no, went in next day, same guy, he said he will put me on a list, or say your friend was put on a list in the same shop..... they take your name and then call you, but be warned, they would want you in very early to collect it, or they will sell it on, I had to be in before midday the day they phoned.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:56   #20
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
hey SB,

what is it you want? the console? a package?

if its a package, what games do you want?

the simply game is seeming a lot of money for really only one more game, and a skin for the controller, I would not buy there

ik
I haven't purchased, i'm on a waiting list so will be paying the standard £179 for console with sports pack. I would like both the sonic game and big brain initially, so i'll just pick them up as and when i see them
Old 09-10-2007, 13:04   #21
ikthius
Inactive

Quote:
I haven't purchased, i'm on a waiting list so will be paying the standard £179 for console with sports pack. I would like both the sonic game and big brain initially, so i'll just pick them up as and when i see them
here is the list email for gamestation: wii@gamestation.co.uk

good luck SB, I think they are just slowing down the sales to keep demand high.
but I would take a day and trawl all the shops that could sell, like comet, curries, game, gamestation, woolworths, john lewis, argos, local game shops (smaller types) etc.

I also think your better betting the bundle from gamestation as they do have a bettter deal, but getting one could prve difficult.

my friend got one through gamestation, she kept on looking up the site, and just bought when the system let her get all to the checkout.

ik
Old 09-10-2007, 13:07   #22
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
here is the list email for gamestation: wii@gamestation.co.uk

good luck SB, I think they are just slowing down the sales to keep demand high.
but I would take a day and trawl all the shops that could sell, like comet, curries, game, gamestation, woolworths, john lewis, argos, local game shops (smaller types) etc.

I also think your better betting the bundle from gamestation as they do have a bettter deal, but getting one could prve difficult.

my friend got one through gamestation, she kept on looking up the site, and just bought when the system let her get all to the checkout.

ik
Thanks Ik, speant last weekend at Liverpool City Centre, St Helens and Trafford Centre to no avail

But i think i'll get one shortly, already on the gamestation waiting list and a few others, not paid anything yet so may as well spread myself about. I'll be sure to remove myself when i do finally get a wii tho
Old 09-10-2007, 13:12   #23
ikthius
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks Ik, speant last weekend at Liverpool City Centre, St Helens and Trafford Centre to no avail

But i think i'll get one shortly, already on the gamestation waiting list and a few others, not paid anything yet so may as well spread myself about. I'll be sure to remove myself when i do finally get a wii tho
yeah, go on as many lists as you can, game and gamestation, I have found to be the quickest.

good luck, your gonnae (going to ) love it

ik
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10   #24
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Keep checking these:

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp#wii_consoles

I used them when I was Wii-hunting earlier in the year, when everyone had no stock.

Got one at Amazon very quickly.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 14:06   #25
superbiatch
Inactive

I just got one from GAME

Seems both they and amazon are having intermittent stock for availability today, get looking now if you want one
Old 11-10-2007, 03:00   #26
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

woot, nice one superbiatch

What games did you get / are you intending to get?

Don't forget to post your Friend Code in the Sticky thread and then all our Miis will mingle
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 00:04   #27
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
woot, nice one superbiatch

What games did you get / are you intending to get?

Don't forget to post your Friend Code in the Sticky thread and then all our Miis will mingle
What a wiikend!!

I got sonic for starters but tbh i've spent all wiikend playing the sports game. I'm so unfit i'm in agony from head to toe

Ooh, i'll have to get my head around all this wii friends code lark, but i have designed a mini-mii and we look identical
Old 15-10-2007, 13:38   #28
Gareth
cf.mega poster

According to XBitLabs, developers are producing more titles for the Wii in Q4 than for the 360 and PS3 combined.

Quote:
Thanks to unique game controller, low price and massive installed base, Nintendo Wii will see more new game titles released in Q4 than Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 combined. The situation reflects massive sales of Wii across the world and means that game developers have changed their development priorities.

Analyst firm Screen Digest predicts that 86 titles are scheduled for release on the Wii in Q4 2007, compared with 47 for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and just 38 for Sony PlayStation 3. Moreover, about 20 games for Nintendo Wii will be exclusive for the platform, whereas only 8 and 5 will be exclusive for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3, respectively.
Glad to see that 3rd party developers are considering the Wii, cause that was a big problem with the Gamecube... it was a great console, but all the developers concentrated on the PS2 and Xbox instead, leaving only Nintendo to come up with games.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 13:50   #29
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

So far I have resisted the Wii on the basis that I found it a bit too gimicky everytime i have played it at my friends. It appealed more to my 3 year old than me, but having seen some of the games due for release , especially rockstar table tennis, im tempted to get one. I also think that my 3 year old could get some benefit from it, especially in hand eye coordination stuff.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 12:32   #30
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

It appears that they're coming into stock now, well at Argos at least! both of our Ipswich stores have got stocks.

So I've got mine reserved And will off ltr to pick it up. Honest its for the kids!!!!!
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote