Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The nintendo wii media and information thread!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Old 30-11-2006, 17:47   #16
NEONKNIGHT

Re: The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Nice to see Ninty adopting the xbox360's large brick of a power supply. Envy the people who will be playing Zelda, you lucky people! I want one!
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2006, 18:04   #17
robtufts
Inactive

robtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enough

Well you say that but the wii is tiiiny, it's only about the size of 3 dvd cases!

1 week to go wooooooooooooo (or should that be wiiiiiiiiiiiiii?)
robtufts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 18:54   #18
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtufts View Post
Well you say that but the wii is tiiiny, it's only about the size of 3 dvd cases!

1 week to go wooooooooooooo (or should that be wiiiiiiiiiiiiii?)
Ok. The photos have no sense of scale from what I have seen, so I'll take your word for it.
Old 30-11-2006, 23:29   #19
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Thought this was pretty funny after seeing the posts made by people whose Wiimotes have smashed their TV/window/skull/Ming vase...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 19:58   #20
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Just for info, ebuyer.com have a load of Wii (shipment of 90 consoles) arriving on the 12th Dec, for anyone who missed the initial pre-orders. Guaranteed delivery for Xmas

Quick find: 122713
Old 04-12-2006, 22:32   #21
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Just played on a Wii... GAME in Oxford St.

Nice

Although its a bit hard to tell by playing Wii sports.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 16:15   #22
Gareth
cf.mega poster

How was the Wiimote, Punky? Did it feel instinctive and natural to hold/play with, or was it obtrusive and just gimmicky?
Old 06-12-2006, 16:28   #23
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
How was the Wiimote, Punky? Did it feel instinctive and natural to hold/play with, or was it obtrusive and just gimmicky?
Felt quite comfortable and instinctive. It seemed to interpret my moves fine. I played the tennis and didn't have any problems. You can smash, forehand, backhand, etc. and everything was translated fine.

What seemed cool is watching someone during the baseball, it seems to be able to track your arm moveent in space and translate that to the bat (didn't play that game for myself, so can't say for sure). I.e. the bat would swing back and forth in proportion to how much you swing the wiimote. Like VR. So its not like one movement is equal to one swing... Its all relative.

Wii sports is fairly primative though, unfortunately.

I think the controller could tire you out easily. However, you don't need to wildly swing your arms about... You can just pivot your wrist and that works. However, I think with FPS games, you'll have to keep holding your hand up which will ache very quickly.

I am still gonna wait for COD3 and Far Cry before if I decide I am getting one. For the hand/wrist-acheyness/tiredness as much as the graphics.
Old 06-12-2006, 16:56   #24
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yeah, already decided to get one... not so sure about CoD3 as it's only single-player, but not heard anything about Far Cry yet, so maybe that'll make up for it.

I reckon I'm gonna have arms like Arnie after a couple of weeks of playing with my Wii
Old 07-12-2006, 03:01   #25
punky
Inactive

Wiimote working on a PC & Macs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ytdW6Ys2A
Old 07-12-2006, 17:53   #26
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Tommorow People!!! My Order from Amazon, with Zelda, is on its way!

Here wii go
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 00:44   #27
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

anyone been on the midnight razzle, went down for a mate who got one with two games, number 1 on the list helps
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27   #28
punky
Inactive

Apparently not all pre-orders will be filled due to shortages. Nintendo are struggling to fill the pre-orders so they said if you haven't pre-ordered then you definitely won't get one before Xmas. Woolies have said they are struggling to meet all the preorders before Xmas.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:38   #29
NEONKNIGHT

Thumbs up Re: The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Apparently not all pre-orders will be filled due to shortages. Nintendo are struggling to fill the pre-orders so they said if you haven't pre-ordered then you definitely won't get one before Xmas. Woolies have said they are struggling to meet all the preorders before Xmas.
Microsoft must be rubbing their hands together again then. Wonder how long it will be before some kind of lawsuit is filled against Ninty when people get hurt using the controllers not to mention all the 'expensive' tv's being trashed.LOL! Anyone played Zelda yet? Whats it like?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:20   #30
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I have got my Wii! Just waiting on Zelda as thats being sent normal post. I will tell you all!!

The Wii controller works very very well btw. Even if you off-angle to the tv.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote