Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

[Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:16   #16
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Re: Will Wii have a Wii section? (see what i did there?)

it will be interesting to see how easy or hard it is to crack the secruity on Wii - in my opinion a games console isnt worth buying until u can start to tinker with it, but saying that the wii does look fun if only u could buy one in this country some time this year (unless u pre ordered in 2004)

i have never been interested in nintendo before - a bit childish for me (imo) but they do make some great games.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think Nintendo have produced enough consoles to avoid the Xbox style delays
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:40   #18
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

i had my doubts when pre-orderes were first given..and now pre-order sites all say they cant promise launch day delivery. not a big problem just goes to show how popular it is if the 4million made are snapped up this quickly
Old 09-11-2006, 17:30   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES View Post
i had my doubts when pre-orderes were first given..and now pre-order sites all say they cant promise launch day delivery. not a big problem just goes to show how popular it is if the 4million made are snapped up this quickly
I think they are just saying that because of the troubles they had with the xbox. Wii will have a lot more consoles produced than the 360 did.
Old 09-11-2006, 17:59   #20
SOSAGES
Inactive

i dont think so - some stores have an idea of how much stock they will be getting of the initial 4 million units - in fact i doubt they know how many europe will get until the release in a few weeks in the US.

xbox 360 is well on its way to selling 10 million units and the ps3 shortage stories have been on the net for some time and nintendo may have a problem as well - while the wii is easier to make and they ahve made loads of them it seems its very popular

personally im waiting to see what amazon.co.uk say and if they can promise launch day (they are one of the few major retailers to not offer pre-order yet simply because they dont know how many they get) i will buy from them - if nto i take my chances in the high street
Old 09-11-2006, 18:21   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I might keep an eye out for amazon. And then cancel either game or amazon depending which can give me one on release day.

Will try my local high street Game as well....
Old 09-11-2006, 18:40   #22
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

I was toying with the Idea of getting a Wii, untill I read up on the spec & backwards compatibility.

Now, I soooooo want one, with the price at £180 including 5 games, this knocks the PS3 & 360 into a cocked hat.

Retro gaming as well as al the latest games, I can't wait
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 19:38   #23
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy View Post
I was toying with the Idea of getting a Wii, untill I read up on the spec & backwards compatibility.

Now, I soooooo want one, with the price at £180 including 5 games, this knocks the PS3 & 360 into a cocked hat.

Retro gaming as well as al the latest games, I can't wait
You only get one game, Wii Sports.

I recommend Zelda is a must get though, really should be considers as part of the cost!

The Virtual Console sounds fun!
Supper Mario 64 will be there from day one!
Old 09-11-2006, 19:41   #24
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I plan on COD3 and Zelda!!!
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 20:07   #25
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

[quote=Damien;34154471]You only get one game, Wii Sports.

but wii sports is 5 games in one
also looking forward to playing my GC games on it.
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 21:15   #26
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I looking forward to Zelda and the virtual console myself....Its costing me over £300 with all the adds on i got Extra control, numchunck, classic control, Zelda and Far cry. The console itself.
Old 09-11-2006, 23:51   #27
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You only get one game, Wii Sports.

I recommend Zelda is a must get though, really should be considers as part of the cost!

The Virtual Console sounds fun!
Supper Mario 64 will be there from day one!

What about GoldenEye?

No point playing N64 games if there's no GoldenEye.

The Wii looks so damn cool.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 00:02   #28
NEONKNIGHT

Wink Re: Will Wii have a Wii section? (see what i did there?)

I just wish Nintendo would produce games for the xbox360.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:42   #29
SOSAGES
Inactive

if u try ur local game they will probably say that u will have to wait for the second shipment of units - at least thats the case round my part of the world.
i did find a woolies offering pre-orders and they said they didnt have anyone sign up yet so i put my name down first on the list and they said when they get one it will be mine first .

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Nintendo said this:
Quote:
“In Europe Nintendo is maximising all its resources to ensure that there is a good quantity of stock available in Europe at launch and a regular supply of Wii consoles coming into the market from launch through 2007.”
“However due to the phenomenal pace of pre-orders over recent weeks, it is likely that demand will outstrip supply at launch.”
Old 10-11-2006, 13:28   #30
robtufts
Inactive

robtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enough

I pre-ordered mine from Game a few months back now and got a letter through the other day that I'm guarranteed one from launch with them so I'm a happy bunny (until I turn up and find they have sold them all).
robtufts is offline   Reply With Quote