Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 26-05-2018, 21:11   #361
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

WHAT A GOAL by Bale!

Best goal i have ever seen.

The overhead one.

Last edited by DVD Cinema; 26-05-2018 at 21:33.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2018, 21:12   #362
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
WHAT A GOAL by Bale!
Unbelievable goal
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 22:20   #363
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I watched the Liverpool game in the UHD. And l could not see any difference between that and HD quality.

I think its the normal crap coming from a second rate company.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 22:46   #364
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I watched the Liverpool game in the UHD. And l could not see any difference between that and HD quality.

'Emperors New Clothes' as with most of these things Arthur. Sod all difference for most people who have a normal sized TV .
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 22:48   #365
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

It did look a bit crisper.

Couldnt pause/rewind though, which is a bit backward.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 22:54   #366
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Unbelievable goal
Best I have ever seen!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 05:13   #367
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
And what a howler
Or two..
Old 27-05-2018, 08:35   #368
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

I thought it was brilliant. A noticeable difference to HD. I was very impressed with how close you could get to the screen without any noticeable difference in the quality. Should I have changed anything on the tv or V6 settings?
I just pushed the red button and watched it from that
whoareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 10:13   #369
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

There was nothing wrong with the quality of the UHD picture, Arthur. The problem is your second rate TV.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 10:24   #370
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

The picture was brilliant on my tv too. I have an OLED LG
when I switched back to HD, there was definitely an improvement with the UHD.

I also didn't change any settings on the tv or v6 , I just pressed the red button.

Hopefully virgin will be testing more things. I don't follow tennis, but I'll watch some on europsort. I guess via the red button too

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 27-05-2018 at 10:27.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 10:29   #371
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Yes V6 box has to be in 4K output only, as i don’t think it can auto switch to 4K from Red Button.

Tennis looks great too btw.

You get a lot more finer detail.
Old 27-05-2018, 10:32   #372
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes V6 box has to be in 4K output only, as i don’t think it can auto switch to 4K from Red Button.

Tennis looks great too btw.

You get a lot more finer detail.
I just checked, my v6 was set to all formats on the video output settings.

I'll have a look at the tennis. Is it accessed via red button too?
Old 27-05-2018, 10:48   #373
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

Yes.

Your tv would have upscaled to 4K watching footy, so you didn’t see true 4K then.

Have a check of ad displays, you can see each LED.

Eurosport 4K Wimbledon?

Last edited by DVD Cinema; 27-05-2018 at 11:03.
Old 27-05-2018, 11:57   #374
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes.

Your tv would have upscaled to 4K watching footy, so you didn’t see true 4k then.

Have a check of ad displays, you can see each LED.

Eurosport 4K Wimbledon?
Wouldn't the tv recognise the format anyway without having to select just the uhd video settings on the v6?

If the tv knows it's a uhd feed, I assume the v6 would output in that same format too?

Next time I'll select just the uhd settings to see if the picture appears any better. It was a very good picture last night if the tv was upscaling. Definitely crisper and clearer than HD

Eurosport is the French open in 4k.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 27-05-2018 at 12:00.
Old 27-05-2018, 12:02   #375
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

It’s the V6 not selecting 4K output, unless you select 4K only.

Eurosport have been showing Wimbledon alongside the BBC recently and Wimbledon is being filmed in 4K this year.

Last edited by DVD Cinema; 27-05-2018 at 12:06.