Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Retentions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Retentions

Old 04-02-2021, 11:41   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Retentions

How do you get through to someone in UK on 150 Virginmedia. Each time I try I get someone who I can not understand half of what they saying. Doing my head in. I got enough problems in my old age without asking the person/s to repeat what they said 100 times.

Is there anyone working in UK on 150? Thanks
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2021, 11:57   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Retentions

I have found that if I call early in the day I usually get someone located in the UK. Other than that I visit the VM forum who can sort out most of my issues.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums
Old 04-02-2021, 14:11   #3
copernob
cf.addict

SORTED---My Third Call got me through to a Lovely lady.

Now paying £53 instead of £64. Could of done with lower but this will do for next 18 months.

Thank You All
Old 05-02-2021, 00:27   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

In my experience you are always better to cancel and then wait for the Loyalty Department to call. I was on 100 meg and phoneline for £28 which crept up to £31 and in a couple of months was going up to £49. Called to cancel and waiting a whole 24 hours for my loyalty call and am now on 200meg with a free rolling 5GB unlimited minutes and Texts sim no phoneline for £27 for 18 months . My initial retentions call would have put my bill up
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:40   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
In my experience you are always better to cancel and then wait for the Loyalty Department to call. I was on 100 meg and phoneline for £28 which crept up to £31 and in a couple of months was going up to £49. Called to cancel and waiting a whole 24 hours for my loyalty call and am now on 200meg with a free rolling 5GB unlimited minutes and Texts sim no phoneline for £27 for 18 months . My initial retentions call would have put my bill up
Generally true as it's the only way to get a decent deal. However I do know of people who never get the callback and have either had to eat humble pie and cancel the cancellation or move to pastures new with all the associated hassle.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 20:15   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Generally true as it's the only way to get a decent deal. However I do know of people who never get the callback and have either had to eat humble pie and cancel the cancellation or move to pastures new with all the associated hassle.
TBH with Covid I was expecting not to get the call and would have left however I have been with this service pre NTL so over 20 years ( had tv then the 512kbps cable as soon as available) so guess I get the call due to that maybe
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 21:43   #7
copernob
cf.addict

You lot who get these good low deals must have a magic wand LOL...I do find now that since redoing this deal that my Speed has dropped from 381 down 37 up to On my top pc from anything from 309.24 down upto 352 down and 37 up. On other PC it is now 321.51 down 45.51 up.Both normally the same. Must be something wrong in my area as I get dropouts every day as well.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:48   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I spoke to retentions and im getting £17 a month off for 18 months.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 18:20   #9
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

I wonder if the area you're in has an impact?

I can get FTTC and FTTP using Openreach network and decent deals there, when I cancelled in Nov, I got the expected call back and got 350Mb for £26 a month. Naturally I bit their hand off and accepted, is on par with the price if I went with Vodafone at the time.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote