Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 02-12-2020, 14:32   #271
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Something else I spotted was that on the overview of the remote control they fail to point out the profile button (one of this platform's defining new features)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...-tv-remote#360
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2020, 14:46   #272
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Read a good bit of it but can’t find any mention of the indicator light going off completely?
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 15:02   #273
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Well after 24 hrs use of the new 360 Horizon software, I am not 100% sold on it. Yes, it looks good with a modern, clean and slick looking UI but is most certainly let down by functionality issues or lack of, which are most important to me, mainly the Series Link+, Bookmarks in My Shows and a proper Search across all platforms, linear and streaming. The Profiles function I can do without and the Voice gimmick is just that! So, based on this I would not recommend and clearly see it as a backward step until such issues are reimplemented. Is it possible to roll back to the V6 Tivo software?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 15:08   #274
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No, it's not possible to rollback as far as I know as there are both account and hardware changes as part of the move to the 360 service.

The changes between the services was highlighted as part of both this current sign up option and the previous one where physical swaps occured, so that everyone changing were making an informed choice.

Watchlists are the equivalent to the Bookmarks on the V6 platform and appear on their own screen in the 'Saved' area.

Prime Video search is on it's way (not sure exactly when) but Netflix have changed their view on integrated search since they allowed on TiVo:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5.../4488701#M1178

Improvements to the Series functions are also on their way
Old 02-12-2020, 15:23   #275
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

One thing I can’t find which TiVo had, how much HDD space was used/free.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:28   #276
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
One thing I can’t find which TiVo had, how much HDD space was used/free.
Press Home > Saved > Recordings > See all.

There is a percentage indicator in there.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:31   #277
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

From what l hear on here from several forum members l would rather the devil l know then rather then the devil l don't know currently.

That view might change in time but it might be a while before it does.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:32   #278
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Press Home > Saved > Recordings > See all.

There is a percentage indicator in there.
Thanks.
Old 02-12-2020, 16:57   #279
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Prime Video search is on it's way (not sure exactly when) but Netflix have changed their view on integrated search since they allowed on TiVo:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5.../4488701#M1178
Well that's a shame, but I'm not surprised, the iPlayer integration doesn't work as well as it used to so it's probably a trend. Thanks BenMcr.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 17:17   #280
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

In what way for iPlayer?

As far as I know the same search options for BBC content are on 360 as on the TiVo based boxes - with the same search limitation at the moment i.e. it'll link to shows currently in the EPG but not the additional box sets that the iPlayer has.

Searching for 'His Dark Materials' shows that. Series 2 is available via iPlayer linked from the show listing. Series 1 shows as being in the Virgin Store. Same on 360 as V6.

'Watch from Start' on 360 on BBC channels links to the iPlayer live restart option too - which it doesn't on the TiVo/V6.

Last edited by BenMcr; 02-12-2020 at 17:24.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 18:32   #281
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
In what way for iPlayer?

As far as I know the same search options for BBC content are on 360 as on the TiVo based boxes - with the same search limitation at the moment i.e. it'll link to shows currently in the EPG but not the additional box sets that the iPlayer has.

Searching for 'His Dark Materials' shows that. Series 2 is available via iPlayer linked from the show listing. Series 1 shows as being in the Virgin Store. Same on 360 as V6.

'Watch from Start' on 360 on BBC channels links to the iPlayer live restart option too - which it doesn't on the TiVo/V6.
Sorry BenMcr. I was stupid enough to not realise that this being a TV360 thread I needed to be more specific in my wording. I probably should've not posted at all. What I said was in reference to how well the iPlayer app integrates on Tivo-based boxes now compared to how it used to when I first used these features, it's intermittent these days with adding streaming content on iPlayer on SL+. I don't have a Horizon-based box.

Sorry.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 18:39   #282
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Having read the posts here" .if it ain't broke don't fix it" same to be the maxim !
Old 02-12-2020, 18:58   #283
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Sorry BenMcr. I was stupid enough to not realise that this being a TV360 thread I needed to be more specific in my wording. I probably should've not posted at all. What I said was in reference to how well the iPlayer app integrates on Tivo-based boxes now compared to how it used to when I first used these features, it's intermittent these days with adding streaming content on iPlayer on SL+. I don't have a Horizon-based box.

Sorry.
No worries. No point being on a discussion forum without discussing things
Old 02-12-2020, 19:44   #284
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Having read the posts here" .if it ain't broke don't fix it" same to be the maxim !
Post of the day!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 20:06   #285
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Interesting, I recall reading somewhere in this thread that new customers will be given the new software box - limited to 1 x1Tb box whereas current customers with 2 V6 boxes can have 2 x 1Tb boxes.

If this is correct, it will not be a good selling point to new customers who are in the know.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote