Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tinder Man Aged 69, wants to legally change his age to 49

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Tinder Man Aged 69, wants to legally change his age to 49

Old 08-11-2018, 22:13   #1
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Tinder Man Aged 69, wants to legally change his age to 49

Quote:
Age is just a number and you’re only as old as you feel, it’s been said.

Emile Ratelband agrees wholeheartedly, so that’s why the 69-year-old Dutchman is petitioning to legally change his age to 49.

Ratelband says his senior status is crimping his chance at romance on the dating app Tinder MTCH, +0.31% and interfering with his work prospects.

“We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can’t I decide my own age?” Ratelband, a multi-tasking Dutch media personality and motivational coach, said, according to the BBC.

Even though the judge sounded skeptical of Ratelband’s longshot bid to switch his birthday from March 11, 1949 to March 11, 1969, the big picture problems surrounding age discrimination are no joke — and not going away.

In America, age-based workplace discrimination is outlawed by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967. The statute applies to job applicants and workers ages 40 and above; it says, among other things, that businesses with at least 20 people and various government entities cannot discriminate based on age in hiring, firing and promotion decisions.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ti...tes-2018-11-08

Can you imagine if this was permitted - people would try to change their age to much older age ranges, why not raise it to retirement age and start legally claiming the State Pension?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2018, 23:22   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Tinder Man Aged 69, wants to legally change his age to 49

Unbelievable, bit it's crazy enough that you wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

On a side note, if i was him, i'd be looking at a bit of plastic surgery as his likeness to a young Rolf Harris is rather offputting.

Last edited by daveeb; 08-11-2018 at 23:25.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 23:45   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Stop the world, I want to get off.

However, this does perfectly show how “ self identifying” with anything is bullshit, and dangerous.
Old 09-11-2018, 00:09   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I mean changing your name is obviously not the same thing. Being transgender is a recognised medical condition. Changing age and race is not.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:28   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I mean changing your name is obviously not the same thing. Being transgender is a recognised medical condition. Changing age and race is not.
Exactly.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:43   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
“We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can’t I decide my own age?”
Is he really that stupid.
Someone should explain basic maths to him.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:10   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

We'll know next month, the court gives it's decision in 4 weeks.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:25   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Why did he go for 49? I'd have gone for 29, and changed my name to Ivor Biggun.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:20   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ti...tes-2018-11-08

Can you imagine if this was permitted - people would try to change their age to much older age ranges, why not raise it to retirement age and start legally claiming the State Pension?
It just goes to show the reality of all this diversity/self identity nonsense.

It sounds to me that this is just a stunt to show how ridiculous this whole thing is. Where will it all end?

Maybe someone sensible could identify as the Labour Party Leader and kick out the current incumbent.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:05   #10
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Why did he go for 49? I'd have gone for 29, and changed my name to Ivor Biggun.
I have just accepted that i am fifty twelve .
Old 09-11-2018, 12:18   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It just goes to show the reality of all this diversity/self identity nonsense.

It sounds to me that this is just a stunt to show how ridiculous this whole thing is. Where will it all end?

Maybe someone sensible could identify as the Labour Party Leader and kick out the current incumbent.
That's like saying just because one or two people on CF are rude, aggressive, and continually cause trouble, everyone on CF must be the same.

Outliers and extremists in any area shouldn't be used to decry or minimalise the challenges that others undergo, just because it doesn't fit in our "world picture" and we find it difficult to empathise/understand what they are going through, doesn't make it any less challenging for them.

It's like being back in the 20th Century, when homosexuality was seen as a psychological abberation that needed to be cured, and people were imprisoned or given mind-numbing drugs to "make it go away", or when women were expected to stay at home and basically be second class citizens, subservient to their husbands or fathers.

Hopefully, most of us are more enlightened now.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 14:46   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yes, in many ways people have become more enlightened with the passage of time, but theres always room for improvement.

Sometimes people don't do things intentionally, it can be down to a lack of education, institutional discrimination etc and often institutions will deem complaints etc to be simply trouble causing. The Stephen Lawrence case is a classic example.

Nonsense like this age thing does nobody any favours.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 19:13   #13
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
this does perfectly show how “ self identifying” with anything is bullshit, and dangerous.
Careful now, someone might get triggered....

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I have just accepted that i am fifty twelve .
Diane Abbott, is that you?

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Hopefully, most of us are more enlightened now.
We probably are but when someone who is white decides to call themselves black or someone who is 69 tries to be 49 or even when a man decides to call himself a woman but then goes on to rape more women in jail, then we reserve the right to call 'bullsh*t' on all this bullsh*t.
Old 09-11-2018, 19:14   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

So if I get my age changed to 68 does that mean i could just retire?

Its a ridiculous idea. You were born in a certain year so no matter what you say or do you are still that age.
Old 09-11-2018, 19:57   #15
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Its a ridiculous idea. You were born in a certain year so no matter what you say or do you are still that age.
Yeah but, yeah but, if you were born a man with male chromosomes then no matter what you say or do, you can be a woman!