Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media named as the worst for broadband problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media named as the worst for broadband problems

Old 30-10-2018, 11:49   #1
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Virgin Media named as the worst for broadband problems

A which? survey has found Virgin Media are the worst for broadband problems

Quote:

45 percent of those surveyed insisted price rises were their biggest problem with the service.

21 percent said router issues were notable.

16 percent of customers declared they had been left without an internet connection at all for hours or even days at a time
Quote:

A Virgin Media spokesman said: “We were surprised by Which?’s research in light of the fact that Virgin Media had the highest customer satisfaction levels according to Ofcom’s latest broadband survey, the gold standard in our industry.

“In addition, in Which?’s most recent broadband customer satisfaction survey, published just last month using the same set of data, we had the highest overall score of the major UK providers.
https://www.itv.com/news/2018-10-29/...-which-survey/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2018, 17:22   #2
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media named as the worst for broadband problems

From the Which? report

Ofcom complaints information

The telecoms regulator Ofcom publishes information on the number of complaints it gets about the biggest internet service providers.
Virgin Media generated 12 complaints per 100,000 customers in the first quarter of 2018. That's below the industry average (16 complaints per 100,000 customers). In comparison, TalkTalk generated the highest level of complaints (29 per 100,000) and Sky the lowest (five per 100,000).

I'm obviously biased but as a customer i get the speed I am supposed to and have had very few issues on any part of the service.
Old 30-10-2018, 18:58   #3
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I’m not sure “price rises” are a problem with the service as such. Yes, I’d like to pay less for many products because I’m a rational consumer, but it’s not really a problem with the quality or delivery of service.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 19:02   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

We rarely get a problem with Virgins broadband in our household as we have been customers with them for 17 years now.
Old 30-10-2018, 19:38   #5
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Similar here, the odd day of downtime in 20 years. Each time it was a problem in the area quickly resolved.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 10:26   #6
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

The only recent problem was when they were upgrading the exchange for 350 Mb. Announcements were made so we knew what was happening. The only problem was with the phone as twice we lost phone service. On talking to the technician when he arrived it appeared that the phone connections at the exchange can easily be knocked of the pins.

In fact when he called he was able to cure several phone problems in the locality.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 00:14   #7
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Downtime was rare until a few months ago, now it's usually a bit of downtime (1-4 hours) for a day or 2 each month.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I also get the speed I'm supposed to and I've never had to pay to upgrade.
Old 01-11-2018, 14:52   #9
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I also get the speed I'm supposed to and I've never had to pay to upgrade.
Same here. Been with Virgin media for 20 years and generally been very happy with the service I pay for.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 16:35   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I think the issue is that Which counted
Quote:
45 percent of those surveyed insisted price rises were their biggest problem with the service.
whereas most people think faulty hardware/software, loss of service. or reduced speeds as "broadband problems"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote