Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Free V6 box

Old 25-01-2018, 14:33   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Free V6 box

As far as I know the overall rules haven't changed at this stage - so if you've got a 2 or 2ac you'd keep it.

However I can't guarantee that won't ever change.
Old 25-01-2018, 14:34   #47
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As far as I know the overall rules haven't changed at this stage - so if you've got a 2 or 2ac you'd keep it.

However I can't guarantee that won't ever change.
Thanks for the prompt reply Ben
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 18:58   #48
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Ordered V6 free, no extra contract term but to wait till 2nd Feb for self install delivery.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 20:25   #49
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Few questions:

1) Do i need to phone to get a V6 or wait for them to come to me? im seeing conflicting answers. (i currently have 1 v6 and 2 old tivos)
2) I know it needs superhub 3 for it to work how does that work with multiple v6s? the v6 is in my bedroom and the superhub is next to it in my bed. How do you get it downstairs? they install another modem downstairs? That sounds bonkers haha
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 21:40   #50
MichaelScofield
cf.member

MichaelScofield is on a distinguished roadMichaelScofield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Few questions:

1) Do i need to phone to get a V6 or wait for them to come to me? im seeing conflicting answers. (i currently have 1 v6 and 2 old tivos)
2) I know it needs superhub 3 for it to work how does that work with multiple v6s? the v6 is in my bedroom and the superhub is next to it in my bed. How do you get it downstairs? they install another modem downstairs? That sounds bonkers haha
The free V6 offer isn't open to customers who already have one V6 box, as I think I have read this elsewhere.
Another V6 box would be able to connect to your current Superhub over Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
MichaelScofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 22:20   #51
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Few questions:

You don't have to have sh3 Vince according to Ben post#46.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 22:29   #52
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Are they still charging you a monthly subscription ? It's not 'free',. It's an invite to stay and pay them for years to come ...Another price rise coming very soon if I know VM and their 'free upgrades'
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 23:15   #53
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Are they still charging you a monthly subscription ? It's not 'free',. It's an invite to stay and pay them for years to come ...Another price rise coming very soon if I know VM and their 'free upgrades'

The prices always go up though regardless, but they're far too high if you ask me, just like Sky.
Old 26-01-2018, 06:13   #54
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Nothing is free as they say..
Old 26-01-2018, 11:39   #55
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I’m sure I saw something that suggested this program was costing Virgin Media £100 million, so around £20-25 per customer.
£2 per month per customer. Perhaps part of the reason for the November 2017 increase.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 11:58   #56
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

In the long run it will be making them money you can bet on that , remember when Sky invested a large sum connecting people's Sky boxes to the internet with free adaptors look at how they are now doing with transactional sales through things like Sky Store.

No business gives money away
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 12:35   #57
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
£2 per month per customer
An error in your logic. Boxes last a lot longer than 12 months on average.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 12:47   #58
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Once everyone is moved to the new V6 boxes will this pave the way for a new updated UI similar to the one that recently rolled out to the US TiVo boxes?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 13:21   #59
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Just ordered online a V6 to replace my Tivo. Coming to a local shop on 7 February.

HERE
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 14:41   #60
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
An error in your logic. Boxes last a lot longer than 12 months on average.
I appreciate that. I was just trying to attribute the increased revenue from the annual price increase to this program.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote