Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT speaking clock is no more on Virgin Media and T-Mobile!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:36   #1
RobB
Inactive

RobB is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

Ive just joined this forum because Im sick and tired of Virgin Media calling me day in day out asking "Who are ya"
They call me on my mobile and landline from a Manchester number. Im sick of it. Today though somebody recorded a calll back to virgin checkt out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1taTCGNKbM

Im going to call them tomorrow and ask why they KEEP calling me everyday. This is harassement.
RobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2009, 01:47   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

Oh joy - another lengthy argument over whether posting a call online is legal or not.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:51   #3
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

I listened to it and it sounded like a set up to me but hey I work for Virgin therefore I must think that cos I'm not capable of thinking for myself.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:00   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Virgin Media are making illegal and distressing silent phone calls.
They ring you up and say nothing while you say "hello, hello" - they then hang up without saying a word.
This is a video of me returning a 'silent call'. The operator confirms that the company is Virgin Media but then refuses to give their managers name who is in charge of the 'Silent Call' Department.
Phew - jesus! This "video" is just dangerous - Sorry to say but I would, just speak to Virgin Media, rather than jumping to conclusions. You're playing it as if you "don't know" what VM are / who they are. From a legal stan point, if Virgin Saw that, especially, "illegal" & "distressing" phones, is a few things, detramentation, slander, etc etc - the women seems to help as much as possible, they don' thave to give their managers name, there will be a policy for that - simply report the number to the abuse department of your landline and mobile they will trace it - it could be a cold call.

Etc, my advice, be very very carefull.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:22   #5
RobB
Inactive

Yes but they cal me every other day. Seriously they call me sometimes 3 times in one day.
I am a powerseller on ebay and I also sell cars but Virgin Media call me all the time, they have also barred 2 of my sales numbers from the Virgin Network because they say that there have been too many complaints?? Ive had to change my numbers because they cant be called from Virgin Media.

Im going to record the calls from now on from Virgin Media. This has made me realise that Virgin do this to other people. what is this guy going to do about his sales when his numbers are barred from Virgin Media???
Old 08-08-2009, 12:20   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Well, if you record the calls and decide to take action. You won't stand on any legs, unless you declare they are being recorded. Otherwise, you wont have a chance.

Whats being a powerseller gotta do with it?

Seriously, get the number blocked you dialed - simple. I personally don;t see why you are going to all this "hassle" for something very simple, yes it;'s annoying. etc etc.
Old 08-08-2009, 14:20   #7
RobB
Inactive

Yes but why do Virgin keep banning my numbers from their network? I ahve to change my 07 number every month as Virgin puts a message on their system saying the number is no longer in service??

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

seriously try it, 07013139978 and 07013139979 both banned from Virgin. I used to sell on those numbers but had to get new numbers as those numbers now cant be called from Virgin. Try calling them from Virgin you will get number unobtainable or a message saying that they are no longer in use which is wrong because try calling them from any other network bt or any mobile and they work. Virgin has banned them all because I sell alot of things and people have phoned Virgin and said that they didnt make the calls and so Virgin have banned my numbers. I have to get new numbers every month because of this.
Old 08-08-2009, 14:39   #8
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Well, if this is the cause, this is very similiar to "spoofing" basically, a system dials that number as it's a "free" forwarding number etc - speak to the provider of the number, they will be able to resolve this.
Old 08-08-2009, 14:53   #9
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Don't know what to make of this to be honest, perhaps this is just a thread to get the Youtube page hits up
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 15:56   #10
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

I have to say that your attitude to the lady on the phone is disgraceful, is it her fault that they are calling you?
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 16:59   #11
RobB
Inactive

But why are my personal numbers getting banned from Virgin?
Old 08-08-2009, 17:03   #12
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
But why are my personal numbers getting banned from Virgin?
What has your question got to do with that video?

Hang on, looking over your posts a little more,....

Your opening post
Quote:
Today though somebody recorded a calll back to virgin checkt out
Who recorded that call, you? Who posted that on to Youtube, you?

Then in another post you refer to "this guy", are you referring to yourself in the third person?

I'm really struggling to understand what you are complaining about, because as soon as your original post is challenged, you then claim that two mobile/freecall numbers are being blocked by Virgin Media.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 17:10   #13
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkar View Post
I have to say that your attitude to the lady on the phone is disgraceful, is it her fault that they are calling you?
None of this makes sense, from what I can gather, he is using some "free" 0701 number, from the likes of Flex Tel etc. Somebody is drop calling the number and generally being a nuisance. From what I gather, the OP in question, rather than going about it the mature and adult way, decided to "have a go" at some lass on the end of the phone. I see this all the time, with these numbers.

07013139979 these numbers are from a service such as flex tell - to be honest, you aintmaking much sense.. Where did you get this number from?
Old 08-08-2009, 17:20   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Virgin are calling you three times a day asking who you are ? Sorry but that makes no sense at all. As for 0701 numbers, ive used one (from flextel) for years - re-directed to my virgin mobile without any issues.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 17:37   #15
Zain
Inactive

Zain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkar View Post
+1

awful attitude towards her, not even her fault too.. terrible
Zain is offline   Reply With Quote