Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free V6 box

Old 04-02-2018, 12:32   #151
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Yes. I am on M TV, though I do have 100 broadband. I ordered the V6 online and it went through straight away. Will not be delivered for a week and a half.
Thanks, my relative is only on 50Mbps as part of the Player bundle. Would she still qualify for a free V6 (or be allowed one at all); didn't/don't they have a minimum 100Mbps policy before you could have a V6?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2018, 12:54   #152
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks, my relative is only on 50Mbps as part of the Player bundle. Would she still qualify for a free V6 (or be allowed one at all); didn't/don't they have a minimum 100Mbps policy before you could have a V6?
You now get a V6 with the Player bundle, so you need atleast 50mbit broadband to get a V6, it is on their site.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bund...er-bundle.html
Old 04-02-2018, 12:59   #153
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

VM peddled the belief that only their VIVID 100 (100mbps) or better would be suitable in order to get a V6 box, and made it a requirement. Now that they want to move a lot of their customers onto the V6 boxes, which is mandatory for those who subscribe to Sky Sports channels in HD, then all of a sudden the VIVID 50 (50mbps) is suitable.
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 13:20   #154
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
How is this offer made? Do Virgin email you? Currently on full tv package (sorry don't know the name of it, the big boona or something) with phone and Internet. Have two TiVo boxes currently, is changing over worthwhile? One box is in my daughters room, if the box is noisy as some have stated it may be best not to change if I get an offer? Thanks in advance for any advice
I'm curious too.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 13:31   #155
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'm curious too.
I am not sure but maybe you can get it here if you follow the ordering link.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...rgin-TV-V6-box
Old 04-02-2018, 13:54   #156
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'm curious too.
I never get these either via email or on 'my virgin media'. Think offers don't show online if you're on any sort of retention/loyalty discount for some reason. Usually find out about things on here ! . I just rang retentions and they sorted it. Basically if you haven't got a V6 box you're eligible. If you've already got one, you're not.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
, if the box is noisy as some have stated it may be best not to change if I get an offer? Thanks in advance for any advice
It's not any noisier than a TiVo, plus you can tape the one light it has up ; stick it in a cupboard if you wish, the remote will still work. Putting it into standby does certainly deaden the slight noise over night, I've also turned suggestions off so it doesn't do any random night recordings.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 14:25   #157
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

If you subscribe to Sky Sports channels in HD, you should get an email offering a free upgrade to a V6 box as these channels will be removed from the older (pre-TiVo) boxes after 31 January 2018. If your home setup precludes the installation of a V6, you'll be offered a TiVo.

The upgrade is free as this is a mandatory change. If you voluntarily request an upgrade to a V6, I believe that the charge is £20, and you'll have to subscribe to VM's broadband as well.
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 22:17   #158
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That's a different offer to the general free V6 upgrade for customers without an existing V6 box and is now mostly complete.

Only those customers who haven't responded to multiple messages about the change will now lose Sky Sports HD on their remaining V HD or V+ HD boxes.
Old 06-02-2018, 16:33   #159
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Is there a meaningful link for this, I still don't see anything on 'my virgin media' page, no emails either?

... just wondering?
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 17:02   #160
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
Is there a meaningful link for this, I still don't see anything on 'my virgin media' page, no emails either?

... just wondering?
Think I went through this link to do the upgrade for my dad:
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/conn...rc=ds#customer
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 17:58   #161
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that Jon ... just gone through it now!
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 18:41   #162
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Are you really so hard up that £20 makes so much difference to your life's ? If you wanted this why didn't you get it before this? Me I didn't want it before and that hasn't changed.
I still recall lots of you saying how great TiVo was. My view was then was you are wrong.it hasn't changed.still not as good as boxes in USA😂
Old 07-02-2018, 05:43   #163
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am not sure but maybe you can get it here if you follow the ordering link.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...rgin-TV-V6-box
Thanks for the link, ordered and coming next Friday
Old 07-02-2018, 17:05   #164
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I've just received the offer, but having to run an ethernet cable from the SHUBac to it would be a pain. Especially as all 4 ports are in use, and that would mean adding a switch. It says it can work on a wifi connection, but that is flaky inside this house.

As I have over 80 series links on the TIVO, I tried the boxswap process (http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/) to check it worked, but it just sends me to a blank page?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 17:36   #165
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I got Virgin to supply me with a couple of free, yes free, homeplugs, they will make the WiFi much better.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote