Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 24-12-2009, 11:00   #1336
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: [Merged] Snow!

heavy snow in newcastle at the moment it's laying heavy ontop of already frozen snow we had through the week
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2009, 11:23   #1337
grandmaster
Inactive

grandmaster has reached the bronze age
grandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze age

It was snowing here this morning,
Luckily im in a position now where I can work from home without too much disruption and its my last day till the 11th of Jan whoohooooo

I have a poorly 4x4 which is only 2 wheel drive at the moment and its next to useless now

Ahh well.
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 19:23   #1338
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

We have had a white Christmas in Leeds
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 22:28   #1339
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

All snow melted, cold as hell outside.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 00:35   #1340
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Was raining about an hour ago, but still snow on the ground, and very cold. Boxing Day will be lethal.
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 08:14   #1341
bjorkiii

Services: 20 meg

Its sheer ice here just walked to the shops for a paper doing my impression of a giraffe on rollerskates.
Old 26-12-2009, 11:14   #1342
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Hmmmm, according to the BBC weather site there should be sunny intervals in Glasgow right now.

Looking out my flat window into a blizzard makes me think they might have got it wrong a bit.

Hopefully it'll go off before I head to work.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 11:39   #1343
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Hmmmm, according to the BBC weather site there should be sunny intervals in Glasgow right now.

Looking out my flat window into a blizzard makes me think they might have got it wrong a bit.

Hopefully it'll go off before I head to work.
Bit like last Sunday, Met office said cloud and Sunny spells for Mansfield, yet we about 4-5 centimetres of snow in a couple of hours.

Also, I recieve pictures from the NOAA polar orbitting satellites, they painted an entirely different story, silly really, £300 of equipment can forecase percipitation better than a goverment funded organisation.

Montage/composite of last recieved pictures:
http://weather.m1cbh.co.uk/noaa-2009...cir-precip.png
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 11:44   #1344
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
Bit like last Sunday, Met office said cloud and Sunny spells for Mansfield, yet we about 4-5 centimetres of snow in a couple of hours.

Also, I recieve pictures from the NOAA polar orbitting satellites, they painted an entirely different story, silly really, £300 of equipment can forecase percipitation better than a goverment funded organisation.

Montage/composite of last recieved pictures:
http://weather.m1cbh.co.uk/noaa-2009...cir-precip.png

quite correct ,i've said it for years ,the weather forcasters should try just looking out the window sometimes
Old 04-01-2010, 22:20   #1345
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Met Office Warning for snow overnight in North West England, the joy!
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 22:40   #1346
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

We have had a light snow fall in my corner of Manchester (M41). Everywhere looks very pretty but it's really lethal as it's sitting on a layer of ice and very few roads around me have been gritted. I just hope it doesn't go down to -9c again here tonight.
Old 04-01-2010, 23:01   #1347
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

It was so cold here that I had to scrape the inside of my front screen.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 23:07   #1348
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
We have had a light snow fall in my corner of Manchester (M41). Everywhere looks very pretty but it's really lethal as it's sitting on a layer of ice and very few roads around me have been gritted. I just hope it doesn't go down to -9c again here tonight.
Here's the latest info:

Quote:
Showers of rain, sleet and snow will fall onto subzero surfaces, leading to widespread ice on untreated surfaces. In addition, snow showers are likely to become heavy at times, with the potential for 1 to 3 cm locally, and up to 5cm, especially over higher ground.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1923 Mon 4 Jan
Areas affected by warning: Blackburn with Darwen Blackpool Cheshire Cumbria Gtr Manchester Halton Lancashire Merseyside Warrington
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 23:42   #1349
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Snowing quite thickly now. Just looked out of my workroom window and all my garden is blanketed in white. Think I'll draw the blinds, at this rate I'll spend all night watching the snow falling instead of getting on with my work.
Old 05-01-2010, 00:52   #1350
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Snowing quite thickly now. Just looked out of my workroom window and all my garden is blanketed in white. Think I'll draw the blinds, at this rate I'll spend all night watching the snow falling instead of getting on with my work.
You going to be working all night?

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Just thick frost here..which has been with us for the last three nights.One benefit has been the brilliantly sunny if rather chilly days.

When I think we were getting fresh raspberries from Scotland this time last year one realises that this is like the winters we used to get. We have been spoiled in recent years and as a consequence have forgotten how to cope.