Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
25-05-2010, 05:05
|
#121
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wirral
Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
Posts: 1,485
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
I know what you mean mate I wasn't mega convinced, just so want it to be true I'm a big US sports fan. I think it would help bolster Virgin Media's sports portfolio.
|
If ESPN America HD launches in the UK I would guess there would be an excellent chance we would get it. They seem to try and get at least some of their channels on all the platforms. Prior to ESPN/ESPN HD launching I was concerned that with them working so closely with Sky we might not get their full package but that has not been the case at all, in fact we get the best deal around.
I think they are an excellent network and will only get better.
---------- Post added at 06:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh
That would be sad. Some of the content is really good (Mighty Men conference with Angus Buchan in South Africa for one) but some is less so.
|
I am sure some of the content is fine but as you say some is less so.
Just a quick search on google shows many committed christians saying how offensive they find their broadcasts (on many levels) and I would tend to share their point of view.
However they have a right to broadcast but personally I feel it is no better than the awful psychics who play on vulnerable people just to line their own pockets. As MB said they pay Virgin for the right to broadcast and it was a premium channel on NTL so they obviously think it's worth their while.
Maybe they will ultimately be judged!
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 07:10
|
#122
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
I think there is a channel testing because my channel nos have gone from 315 to 316.  ..another HD channel another HD channel please please please. 
|
Something has been added to on Demand.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 07:15
|
#123
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hell
Age: 50
Posts: 5,956
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
Something has been added to on Demand.
|
If i am mistaken i think that it is Military Hstory in tv choice on demand as i have not seen it there before?
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 07:19
|
#124
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate
If i am mistaken i think that it is Military Hstory in tv choice on demand as i have not seen it there before?
|
I found that last week.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 09:01
|
#125
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Hi, what's been added then MB ?
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 09:41
|
#126
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D
Hi, what's been added then MB ?
|
I cant see anything new.
---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------
ESPN nabs international football rights.
ESPN has acquired UK exclusive broadcast rights to live coverage from 41 international football fixtures, including some Euro 2012 qualifiers.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...ll-rights.html
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 10:18
|
#127
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Scotland
Services: Tivo & BB
Posts: 131
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Good News MB
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 11:35
|
#128
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
hi i addy picture box on demand this there any info on wb moves on demand comeing to virgin soon ? you got any new about this Media Boy .
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:08
|
#129
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBD3000
Why would that stop ESPNA HD appearing on cable as that has nothing to do with Sky?
Or are you saying that ESPN will only launch it on all formats at the same time?
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous
Someone has to pay for the bandwidth.
|
By which I think he means that the VM feed has to be sourced from a suitable satellite to begin with. In the UK that might be Astra 2D or Eurobird 1 for example.
As far I can determine, ESPN America HD is supplied in Scandinavia by Canal Digital on LyngSat's Thor 5/6 at 0.8°W.
I don't know where the original uplink is sourced from but someone has to pay for the downlink unless it's also available by other means (e.g. a direct cable feed of some sort). In the UK, it tends to be BSkyB that fund the downlink but FreeSat or Virgin Media themselves would be alternative candidates if the customer base justified the expense.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:11
|
#130
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234
hi i addy picture box on demand this there any info on wb moves on demand comeing to virgin soon ? you got any new about this Media Boy .
|
No news yet - sorry.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:32
|
#131
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
I think there is a channel testing because my channel nos have gone from 315 to 316.  ..another HD channel another HD channel please please please. 
|
My Total Channels and TS Streams went up by one each to 325 and 36 respectively.
I've never known what a TS Stream was (is it to do with MPEG?) but in the past the streams have only increased when large amounts of bandwidth had been made available (e.g. analogue switch-off here in Aylesbury).
It is probably more On Demand content. We shall wait with little or no anticipation.
I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left: Seasick Steve
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:51
|
#132
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
By which I think he means that the VM feed has to be sourced from a suitable satellite to begin with. In the UK that might be Astra 2D or Eurobird 1 for example.
As far I can determine, ESPN America HD is supplied in Scandinavia by Canal Digital on LyngSat's Thor 5/6 at 0.8°W.
I don't know where the original uplink is sourced from but someone has to pay for the downlink unless it's also available by other means (e.g. a direct cable feed of some sort). In the UK, it tends to be BSkyB that fund the downlink but FreeSat or Virgin Media themselves would be alternative candidates if the customer base justified the expense.
|
Yep that exactly what I mean, I usually do one line answers when posting from my mobile. The uplink for ESPN channels that currently broadcast in the UK are done in a play out facility just outside of London I assume that ESPNA HD is uplinked from there as well.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:53
|
#133
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_home1
why are they so obsessed with the women demographic, i thought the whole point of Bravo was somewhere for the lads to go to , as the women had Living, and Living 2,
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
Also the women have Diva this channel tends to show oprah type shows and is female orientated must be a sign of the times watch out for plenty of Jeremy Kyle type cr-p on Bravo in the near future. 
|
I'm sure that the women oriented programming on some existing channels does not remotely appeal to a significant portion of women viewers. Certainly not my woman.
Maybe they'll just rename it Brava!
Quote:
Originally Posted by childsy
Anyway, women shouldn't be watching TV, they should be cleaning,cooking and ironing!!!
|
Whatever your woman is doing, I doubt she's doing it for you!!!
Y'all should be spending quality viewing time with your partners when your not helping out in the kitchen.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 13:59
|
#134
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Does anyone know if Spartacus will be shown in HD on VOD?
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 15:10
|
#135
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
=== Unknown dates ===
-[B]ITV will launch ITV1 +1 on Virgin Channel 114 soon (Only in England and Wales)[B]
-BBC ALBA (Deal has been signed)
-Channel 4's ''4oD'' will offer HD content
-Bravo HD
-Demand Five
-Pop Girl
-RTÉ International
-[B]Virgin Media will introduce an enhanced TV interface[B]
|
MediaBoy, I noticed a few formatting errors in Post #1 such as the ones above but there are others.
A lot has happened already this year but there are plenty more goodies to come!
Thanks for the continued updates and information.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:30.
|