Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2006 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2006 Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 18:19   #121
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
Re: World Cup 2006 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
Owen in my view is still not 100% fit. He took him off to rest him i guess, besides after that amount of the match we still had chances to score if need be.

To be honest we played down to there standards. Not good IMO.
So, How could we score with nobody up front to be fed by Crouch.?
I also think thay Gerrard and Lampard had a pretty crap game as well. Not taking anything away from the boys. 3 points is 3 points.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2006, 18:55   #122
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Does Robinson win a prize for hitting the TV screen?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 18:56   #123
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Does Robinson win a prize for hitting the TV screen?
Now that was good

Shouldn't the ball have come back to us? As it was something in the way that shouldn't have been?
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 19:00   #124
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

The T&T v Sweden is a great result for England!!!
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 19:09   #125
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Now that was good

Shouldn't the ball have come back to us? As it was something in the way that shouldn't have been?
It was a drop ball. England didn't contest it and Paraguay kept the ball. For some reason players never seem to contest drop balls anymore.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 19:09   #126
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
The T&T v Sweden is a great result for England!!!
Elaborate?

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
It was a drop ball. England didn't contest it and Paraguay kept the ball. For some reason players never seem to contest drop balls anymore.
Maybe they got used to be overruled all the time and get bored of arguing over something so small?
Or, they don't realise they can contest it :p
Old 10-06-2006, 19:16   #127
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Elaborate?
Cause now we're the only team in the group to have won a match... I thought Sweden would win both today and against Paraguay, and I thought we'd win on Friday against T&T, which would mean we'd go into the match against Sweden battling for 1st or 2nd, to decide whether we play Germany in the next round or play the runner-up of Group A.

So, to cut a long story short, if we win on Friday, then draw against Sweden that makes us the group winners
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 19:21   #128
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Cause now we're the only team in the group to have won a match... I thought Sweden would win both today and against Paraguay, and I thought we'd win on Friday against T&T, which would mean we'd go into the match against Sweden battling for 1st or 2nd, to decide whether we play Germany in the next round or play the runner-up of Group A. So, to cut a long story short, if we win on Friday, then draw against Sweden that makes us the group winners
Heh, yeah, sorry i just looked at the groups again to refresh my mind, i can see it all now.

To me that says T&T are a very strong team, having held together with 10 men against Sweden.
Old 10-06-2006, 21:03   #129
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

saviola scoring after me slagging him off was predictable
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 00:25   #130
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
So, to cut a long story short, if we win on Friday, then draw against Sweden that makes us the group winners
Hey, if we win on Friday, we must be through to the semis automatically - let's face it, if we beat T & T in the scheduled game on Thursday, we must get extra points for playing 24 hours later
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 13:00   #131
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

what odds would anyone give me on essien getting sent off?
Old 11-06-2006, 14:16   #132
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
A world cup chart for you to download here, you need excel btw.
After entering the scores, it also updates the league tables
I thought it would update who won the leagues to winner A player runner up B, it does not.

also can I unprotect it to update it?

if so how?

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 15:53   #133
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

holland remind me of germany, only better - great going forward but have 3 absolute crap defenders

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

i think the only person on the pitch worse than landzaart was the ref
Old 11-06-2006, 23:28   #134
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
A world cup chart for you to download here, you need excel btw.
After entering the scores, it also updates the league tables
I thought it would update who won the leagues to winner A player runner up B, it does not.

also can I unprotect it to update it?

if so how?

ik
not to worry, I found one the exact same but this time it updates everything correctly.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 23:29   #135
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

good to see the "underdogs" are still putting in a fight.

in fact, the only team that fear anyone seems to be england