Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 22-12-2009, 14:28   #1321
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow!

It's been snowing pretty heavy here in Glasgow city centre for quite a while so it's probably even worse out in the sticks.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2009, 16:52   #1322
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

...and then it came down heavy again and I can't get me car up the hill. Confined to home for the night it is then.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 18:48   #1323
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Anyone using the A1307 between Cambridge and Haverhill, For gods sake watch out!!!! Freezing patches of Black ice everywhere!.
Why have the council not been out gritting for the last 2 days!???????
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 18:59   #1324
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Ah, yes, Cambridgeshire County Council

It's been great fun walking to & from work this week, on those lovely icy pavements...

And going into the "Historic City Centre" on Saturday was awesome... I mean, who needs the Parker's Piece ice-rink, when you can slip & slide for free on the icy pavements all the way to the Grafton & onwards from there to the Centre...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_n....asp?ID=472523
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:45   #1325
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

-10'C and my girlfriend wants to go for a walk on the ice... I think she's crazy!
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:49   #1326
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Most of the roundabouts around here are an absolute disaster, no gritting being done and cars crashing all over the place.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 18:13   #1327
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well my good deeds for the day

Well I was up early this morning, to pick up my nephew and niece for the day, outside it was -6c.

As was trying to open my dads car door to get out the child seats, I saw an eldery neighbour trying to walk her way up our hill, I told her to becareful.

I then realised WTF am I doing. I stopped and walked over to her took her trolley and let her grab hold of my arm and walk her up the hill.

She said that in her 82 years she didn't remember it being so cold, snowy.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:02   #1328
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Just looked out the window and boy is it snowing here in Warrington at the moment.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:04   #1329
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Raining in Harlow.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:07   #1330
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Snow coming down thick and fast in Liverpool, kids out everywhere

On the negative side, there has been three crashes outside mine on the main road in the last hour
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:29   #1331
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Tried to build a snowman today but wrong type of snow, just not sticking together. Anyway, will try again in mornng with the new snow that is just falling now.

Thus thread is 5 years old in 2 days is this the oldest live thread ?
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:35   #1332
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

seems to be moving north ,i think this is the most snow in newcastle i've seen
Old 23-12-2009, 22:48   #1333
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post

On the negative side, there has been three crashes outside mine on the main road in the last hour
Just spotted your post and looked out of the window, it's come down heavy here across the water as well. Couple of cars wheelspinning trying to get up the hill in the past couple of mins... they might as well give up because there's no grit left in the communal bin. Looks like I'll be confined to HQ again tomorrow
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 23:00   #1334
Down the Pub
Inactive

Services: Phone/TV/50meg
Down the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Just looked out the window and boy is it snowing here in Warrington at the moment.

absolutely been chucking it down here over in widnes, thought it wouldn't lay as it's been wet witht the drizzle but my god has it stuck.

edit......just looked out and it's stopped....bah humbug, could really do with a bit more as could do with not having to go to the office in the morning.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post

well hopefully there will be loads over b'head and the office gets burried
Down the Pub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 00:37   #1335
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Not really got snow here, but ice, ontop of ice, ontop of ice, putting out the bin was fun... wheeeee! Crocs really aren't designed for icy conditions.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote