Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2015, 13:32   #1261
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But what about the benefits to consumers?
Netflix have already hinted they want all their content on all regions at the same time, it's no secret when the new contacts come up for renewal Netflix will certainly be bidding for them.
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2015, 14:24   #1262
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Netflix takes about 1 to 1 and half minutes to load from the initial app to watching a film. Will this be speeded up at some point in the future (I suppose it is more to do with the Tivo Box)!
Old 21-01-2015, 14:35   #1263
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Netflix takes about 1 to 1 and half minutes to load from the initial app to watching a film. Will this be speeded up at some point in the furture (I supposed it is more to do with the Tivo Box)!
It is to do with the Tivo. Having recently been fortunate enough to upgrade to a smart TV, I have been astonished at how slow Netflix on the Tivo actually is.
Old 21-01-2015, 14:54   #1264
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Netflix takes about 1 to 1 and half minutes to load from the initial app to watching a film. Will this be speeded up at some point in the furture (I supposed it is more to do with the Tivo Box)!
I know that TiVo is slower than other Netflix devices, but is 1.5 minutes such a big deal if Tivo is the only Netflix device that you have? It's still quicker than driving to the local cinema
Old 21-01-2015, 15:07   #1265
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
It is to do with the Tivo. Having recently been fortunate enough to upgrade to a smart TV, I have been astonished at how slow Netflix on the Tivo actually is.
How is your smart TV linked (what cables).

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I know that TiVo is slower than other Netflix devices, but is 1.5 minutes such a big deal if Tivo is the only Netflix device that you have? It's still quicker than driving to the local cinema
Yes it is slow with the technology about nowadays as for the cinema no thanks I can't stand the popcorn munchers in my ears.
Old 21-01-2015, 16:40   #1266
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Netflix takes about 1 to 1 and half minutes to load from the initial app to watching a film. Will this be speeded up at some point in the future (I suppose it is more to do with the Tivo Box)!
Defo the tv with my firetv box it's a matter of seconds.
Old 21-01-2015, 20:00   #1267
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
How is your smart TV linked (what cables).[COLOR="Silver"]

No cables, just wifi. That is rather ironic bearing in mind the Tivo has a dedicated signal. Prior to having a smart TV the loading time was not a problem (it still does not really bother me), my smart TV has just opened my eyes to how slow the Tivo Netflix app is. I still watch Netflix via my Tivo simply because my BB is affected if I watch Netflix over the wifi.
Old 22-01-2015, 07:15   #1268
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Been told that Netflix are "clamping down" on people using unblock us to access USA content. Is this true?
Old 22-01-2015, 08:17   #1269
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Been told that Netflix are "clamping down" on people using unblock us to access USA content. Is this true?

https://gigaom.com/2015/01/06/netfli...ing-vpn-users/
Old 22-01-2015, 11:05   #1270
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Load of crap Netflix have already released a statement saying it isn't true.
Old 26-01-2015, 00:25   #1271
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Netflix is crap via the Tivo, I mean in this day and age, and with Virgin boasting that they have the fastest BB etc etc, it really is poor!
Old 26-01-2015, 00:39   #1272
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Netflix is crap via the Tivo, I mean in this day and age, and with Virgin boasting that they have the fastest BB etc etc, it really is poor!
Always said the Tivo vm have is crap.
Old 26-01-2015, 00:57   #1273
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

loads slowly but once up its fine i find. im watching the wwe network via my ps3 and it loads up instantly which took me by surprise
Old 26-01-2015, 20:11   #1274
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I have pretty much stopped using it on the Tivo when the Netflix app is so much faster when using Chromecast or Xbox 360.
Old 28-01-2015, 10:41   #1275
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Would be good if Vodafone brought this approach to the UK when they launch their TV service this year (assuming they don't acquire VM/LGI)
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2015/...-hbo-channels/

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Always said the Tivo vm have is crap.
Is it the Tivo that's poor or the particular Netflix software on it that's poor? Are there faster Tivos elsewhere then that might come to the UK soon?
Closed Thread