Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 07-11-2012, 11:00   #1201
ianmac40
Inactive

Services: Virgin TVXL,BBXXL, Phone M, TiVo
ianmac40 is on a distinguished roadianmac40 is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Having used the US TiVo app it's nice to have the official one.

The only weak link for me is the TV Guide. In its current format the left hand column shows what's on now with no indication of start time, finish time or what's on next. To get this info you need to click on each individual channel. A little time consuming if your casually looking for something to watch.

It would be nice to have something similar to the on screen guide. Genre search would be nice to.
ianmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2012, 11:37   #1202
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin N00b View Post
We're getting Virgin installed today and I have an iPad, so what will this app actually allow me to do?
Pardon the blatant plug, but...

http://vmtvanywhere.blogspot.co.uk/

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
It will allow you to make it your iPad an expensive remote control
That is actually the one part of the App that I personally will be using the least and it is, of course, so much more than that.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozW View Post
It's tempting to import a Tivo stream.
Only if you want to use it as a door-stop, apparently
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:13   #1203
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
That is actually the one part of the App that I personally will be using the least and it is, of course, so much more than that.[COLOR="Silver"]
What parts will you be using the most?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 13:00   #1204
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Everything else
Old 07-11-2012, 13:17   #1205
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Everything else
Please elaborate
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 13:31   #1206
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
You can view BBC ITV and Ch4 through their own web sites hence why it's not included.

and you must be missing something because BBC1 is at the top of the guide.
I get it now! There is a drop down list at the top of the EPG with three options, All Channels, Favourites and Streaming Channels. Mine was selected to Streaming Channels!

I'll get me coat!

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

I have three TiVos. Can I rename them on the app to a more sensible name such as Living Room, Bedroom etc.?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 13:39   #1207
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
[/COLOR]I have three TiVos. Can I rename them on the app to a more sensible name such as Living Room, Bedroom etc.?
Not sure about the app but you can on the website
Old 07-11-2012, 13:52   #1208
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Not sure about the app but you can on the website
In the app it can take you to the device manager site, so you should be able to do it all through the app
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 13:57   #1209
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Please elaborate
See my blog for details.
Old 07-11-2012, 14:08   #1210
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

When you're on the home network can you force the app into 'Away mode'?

I ask because I have 2 Tivos with only 1 connected to my WiFi, this is the TiVo device that displays in the app at home, when I'm away from home and access via the web I can see and manage both of my Tivos in 'away mode', I presume this is because it works via Virgins coax cable and not my home WiFi.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 14:11   #1211
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
When you're on the home network can you force the app into 'Away mode'?
Yes. Click on the little Cog icon at the top and first option in the list will do what you want.
Old 07-11-2012, 14:29   #1212
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Yes. Click on the little Cog icon at the top and first option in the list will do what you want.

Right thanks I see it now
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 14:29   #1213
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[/COLOR]
That is actually the one part of the App that I personally will be using the least and it is, of course, so much more than that.[COLOR="Silver"]
I thought you were going to be using the streaming part least?!

Quote:
Have to say this is also my opinion. The streaming function is the one thing I will use the least. (Well, until I can stream stuff I've recorded, maybe. )[COLOR="Silver"]
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 16:03   #1214
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but, jail broken ipads work
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 16:50   #1215
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
I thought you were going to be using the streaming part least?!
Does it really matter that much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
Right thanks I see it now
When you disconnet, you get the option to either re-connect or go into 'away' mode. Meant to explain this in the other post but forgot