Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 05-03-2015, 19:50   #1201
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My Dad has not been feeling that well in the last couple of days and is worried about his health more then usual..
Hope your Dad feels better soon den.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I'm in hospital all day tomorrow for checkups anyway.
Hope all went well and you were given something the pain dilli.
Old 05-03-2015, 20:02   #1202
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Hope your Dad feels better soon den.

Hope all went well and you were given something the pain dilli.

Hospital was interesting today. It was all about choosing what type of dialysis and where I want to do it. Estimated start time three - six months. I begin transplant suitability tests after six months. If my repaired heart is strong enough I can go for a kidney / pancreas combo which would be nice

As for pain killers I'm pretty limited to paracetamol .
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:06   #1203
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Yes, I know, but its still a chunk of money out of the kitty and I still need to try and get the car MOT'd with an unknown bill for that.

Then there's the gas, lecky, phone, virgin bills. Everybody wants our money.
If you're looking for a new machine, I would recommend a Beko unit. Speaking to a friend of mine who's a domestic appliance engineer he said they sold tons of them and got very, very few back (1-2%). My own one is a £200 job I bought two years ago, and still uses an indirect motor and belt drive (i.e. proven technology).
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:59   #1204
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
If you're looking for a new machine, I would recommend a Beko unit. Speaking to a friend of mine who's a domestic appliance engineer he said they sold tons of them and got very, very few back (1-2%). My own one is a £200 job I bought two years ago, and still uses an indirect motor and belt drive (i.e. proven technology).
Thanks for that input. I'll be checking up on the reliability of the brands in due course.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

Got three missed calls logged on my mobile from 08446480246. Never heard it ring. Apparently it's a scam: The phone barely rings before they hang up, if you call back then they hit you with a monster premium rate so I've added it to the blocked list.

Be warned.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:04   #1205
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

Grr! Hampshire County Council road works division.Sent a letter insisting that they wanted our road clear today for 'drain clearance' and they haven't appeared. Phoned up to ask why and no one at CS can get through to the group responsible.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:15   #1206
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Mother's Day. My Nan is fine, got her present sorted. But my mum? Bloody Hell she is murder to buy for. Stuff I know she likes will be stuff everyone else buys so I want something unique. But unique stuff is hard to come by that she will like, and a bunch of flowers just seems a bit 'I can't be bothered to find a present'.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:07   #1207
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My partner went out to the car earlier and there is a dent and a few scratches on the side of the car.
Old 07-03-2015, 16:09   #1208
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well that fricking sucks.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:53   #1209
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes its going to cost us £100 plus at the very least as we don't expect the guilty party to come forward anytime soon.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:13   #1210
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Mother's Day. My Nan is fine, got her present sorted. But my mum? Bloody Hell she is murder to buy for. Stuff I know she likes will be stuff everyone else buys so I want something unique. But unique stuff is hard to come by that she will like, and a bunch of flowers just seems a bit 'I can't be bothered to find a present'.
Your Mum is very lucky to have a son who puts so much thought into her gift. I know what I will be getting as the wee always gets me Tulips on Mother's day and his big brother gets me wine tbh I think most Mum's would be happy with a card and I Love You, I know I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes its going to cost us £100 plus at the very least as we don't expect the guilty party to come forward anytime soon.
Sorry to hear that den. Just a thought do you know if any cctv is around the area where you parked your car.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:24   #1211
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Your Mum is very lucky to have a son who puts so much thought into her gift. I know what I will be getting as the wee always gets me Tulips on Mother's day and his big brother gets me wine tbh I think most Mum's would be happy with a card and I Love You, I know I would.
I get my mum a big soppy card. My two sisters send flowers. If I can I try to go and visit but 300 miles is not just next door.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:27   #1212
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Sorry to hear that den. Just a thought do you know if any cctv is around the area where you parked your car.
No sadly there is no cctv weenie.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:46   #1213
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Might be wise just to leave it Den - you never know when the next scrape is around the corner sadly. If you're keen to have it done, some of those mobile 'chips away' type companies do an excellent job far cheaper than your average garage and they'll come to you.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 18:16   #1214
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Thanks for your advice Osem and we shall certainly think about our options.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:34   #1215
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I don't have that problem, I get her to tell me if she see anything she likes to buy it and I give her the money back, or I get my sister to buy clother etc for her.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote