Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | rugby talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

rugby talk

Old 07-03-2005, 16:46   #106
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: rugby talk

I suppose this should be in the jokes thread but it deserves to be here.

Courtroom drama custody ruling.

7 Year Old Challenges Judge

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama today when he
challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge awarded
custody to his aunt.
The boy however confirmed that his aunt beat him more than his parents,
and refused to live there. When the judge suggested that he live with his
grandparents the boy cried out that they beat him more than anyone.

Then in an unprecedented move, the judge dramatically allowed the boy to choose who should have custody of him.
In a final ruling yesterday, custody was granted to the England Rugby Team
as the boy firmly believes that they are not capable of beating anyone.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2005, 16:07   #107
Earl of Bronze

Well I have to say that todays match between Ireland and France was a real upset.

In my heart I knew this was gonna be difficult, but France finally played as we all remember them doing in previous years.

First half was shocking, Franch dominated the forward play including the line-outs and scrums. Their mauls where incredible, and the French backs where all over Ireland when Ireland did try to spread the ball wide.

Saying that.....

The 15 - 20 minute phase Ireland had in the second half, was prolly the best they have played in this Championship so far. Driscos' try way lovely, and if I was gay I'd prolly want to marry him.

Now it all comes down to Scotland beating Wales tomorrow, and thats as likely as me winning the lottery.

Old 12-03-2005, 16:09   #108
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
Now it all comes down to Scotland beating Wales tomorrow, and thats as likely as me winning the lottery.
I have to agree with you there

But I still say the decider wil be next weekend.

Never mind though, we can all just sit back and enjoy England winning their latest prize.....the wooden spoon

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 18:49   #109
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Never mind though, we can all just sit back and enjoy England winning their latest prize.....the wooden spoon
Looks like the England rugby team won't be needing a new cutlery draw...

England 39-7 Italy
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 20:23   #110
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Must be nice/refreshing/relieving to get at least one win this year

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-03-2005, 04:15   #111
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett
Looks like the England rugby team won't be needing a new cutlery draw...

England 39-7 Italy
Woopee do as England have said to us Welshies many a time you beat the only team in the pool and then restore your pride.

I think not, Italy are there for the wooden spoon so that the **** poor teams have at least someone to beat.

England would have had the same score today or possibly less if the other sides 15 had not walked out onto the pitch.

No class, no determination.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 08:32   #112
Gogogo

Marvellous day, defeat for Ireland by France, superb game, French played like masters from the start, Ireland outplayed.

England's defeat over Italy was a welcome break from the long line of defeats since last year, Italy however, did not play their best. Hopefully, this almost new England team led by, man of the match, Martin Corry is great, Cueto superb, all the team did well. Perhaps now the team will build on this success and climb back up to more successes in the future.

Keep an eye on rising talent, England U21 & U19 teams are performing very well.

Old 13-03-2005, 10:39   #113
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo
England's defeat over Italy was a welcome break from the long line of defeats since last year, Italy however, did not play their best. Hopefully, this almost new England team led by, man of the match, Martin Corry is great, Cueto superb, all the team did well. Perhaps now the team will build on this success and climb back up to more successes in the future.
Now where's the fun in that??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-03-2005, 11:02   #114
Gogogo

Quote:
Now where's the fun in that??
Ah yes, you see it's all fun, sport is fun.

Over the last ten years, England have won the Six Nations 5 times , France 4 and Scotland once, although of course the contest goes back to 1882. Wales after all has been in the duldrums for a long time and are now in top form, that's life, England in 2004 were really down and now appear to be moving again, yes, this year we, it appears are finished with any chance in the Six Nations even if we defeat Scotland, which is now likely. But next year could be, shall we say, a new ball game! If England keep this momentum up the Six Nations next year may well be in our grasp.

The England team now looks good, there is at last effort, strategy and committment .

Old 13-03-2005, 11:07   #115
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo

The England team now looks good, there is at last effort, strategy and committment .

Erm we have one how many games since last year? One match does not a new team make. Until Englands' rugby team start going back to basics, concentrate on their own game and not keep relying on one or two players to kick the game for them we will continue to be beaten by teams that we should be pushing to the very limit if not beating. To be honest until our rugby side stops it's habit of focusing it's entire strategy book around JW etc we will carry on losing and we will carry on being humiliated by scorelines that re-inforce our weaknesses.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 11:21   #116
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Wow, I'll compliment the English team on one thing, they make the transition from heros to zeros in the space of 18 months look like an art form

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-03-2005, 11:24   #117
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Wow, I'll compliment the English team on one thing, they make the transition from heros to zeros in the space of 18 months look like an art form
How many years did it take the Welsh to reverse their trend then If you stop the English bashing we'll stop the Welsh bashing. Otherwise people might start thinking that overtly racist comments made by Forum Team members are the norm
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 11:26   #118
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
How many years did it take the Welsh to reverse their trend then
Ohh, about 20 years?

Quote:
If you stop the English bashing we'll stop the Welsh bashing.
People will bash us taffies no matter what, the difference is we're long used to it by now

Quote:
Otherwise people might start thinking that overtly racist comments made by Forum Team members are the norm
How can I be racist if the comments are about the English?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-03-2005, 13:59   #119
Gogogo

Quote:
Erm we have one how many games since last year? One match does not a new team make. Until Englands' rugby team start going back to basics, concentrate on their own game and not keep relying on one or two players to kick the game for them we will continue to be beaten by teams that we should be pushing to the very limit if not beating. To be honest until our rugby side stops it's habit of focusing it's entire strategy book around JW etc we will carry on losing and we will carry on being humiliated by scorelines that re-inforce our weaknesses.

Let's be positive. JW has been out of England contests for a long time now and I think the players know this. The team's performance yesterday outclassed previous contests and failure. This is almost a new team the Corry heads and I think if you consider the fact that this time the game showed England players had strategy, tactics, committment and performance that result proved it. One now looks forward to the England & Scottish game due next.

I enjoy rugby union no matter the team playing. Credit must be given to the Welsh team who have done very well.

Old 13-03-2005, 14:33   #120
homealone

I really hope Wales go all the way to the Grand Slam, this year, as Gogogo said, Union is a wonderful game, no matter which team plays. (I'm biased because I used to play Rugby at School (even for the school, once ) ).

I remember the Welsh team of the early 70's - Gareth Edwards, JPR Williams, etc, they were truly awesome to watch, it will be nice if the likes of Gavin Henson, etc, will be spoken of with the same reverence.