Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2008, 21:13   #11776
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I know some people will not be coming to the event until lunch time, but could I ask that everyone who is planning on arriving early, if you could try to get there as close to 10am as possible it would be a huge help in handing out fliers to BT shareholders on their way in to the AGM.

Also Channel 4 will be arriving around 10:30 so the more people we have there the better with regards to their coverage of the issue.

Also I will be looking for a couple of volunteers to wear a flourescent yellow waist coat, it is to identify us with the police should they need to talk to us about anything. I will be wearing one and I have 2 others.

Thanks

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I've gone for A1 card and used rasterbator to print an A1 image across 4 A3 sheets. Doesn't look too bad
You better hope it is not windy hehe

Alexander Hanff
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2008, 21:15   #11777
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Good Luck! I hope all goes well.
Old 15-07-2008, 21:15   #11778
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I've gone for A1 card and used rasterbator to print an A1 image across 4 A3 sheets. Doesn't look too bad

any advance on A1 posters,

<joke>
how about draping a big banner on the front of the barbican or wrapping the BT tower
</joke>

peter
Old 15-07-2008, 21:18   #11779
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

any one know where to get the full podcast from was trying to register for chat after seeing friendly names .also when I checked back after Alex speaking I head what I think was an ad for tomorrow just caught leo saying "badphorm" and the date
Old 15-07-2008, 21:20   #11780
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

I though you came across very well Alex.

I thought your point about the US politicians having a lot more IT knowledge than ours was maybe a little amusing to Steve G. What he/they did not realise was that you meant relative knowledge :-)

Compared to our lot they must have infinitesimally so much more.

Good luck again tomorrow, I don't think you need it. The law is the law and I hope the BT 'get out of jail' cards are removed from the pack you are handing over to the police.
Old 15-07-2008, 21:25   #11781
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin L-Smythe View Post
any one know where to get the full podcast from was trying to register for chat after seeing friendly names .also when I checked back after Alex speaking I head what I think was an ad for tomorrow just caught leo saying "badphorm" and the date
just use the link below:

It will be podcast 153 - still to be edited though, just keep checking.
Old 15-07-2008, 22:00   #11782
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Great link posted by VforVendetta (please come back )

http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/1654

on BadPhorm
Old 15-07-2008, 22:38   #11783
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough

hope you got the other ways in covered can`t let em sneak in without a programme been hand to em on the way in <joke>
good luck guys..
Old 15-07-2008, 22:40   #11784
jtechs
Inactive

jtechs is on a distinguished roadjtechs is on a distinguished road

I am coming,

Got my laptop + 3g modem (of sorts)
100 Flyer's (can print more as i work close by, if needed)
A 3CCD MMC Digital Video Camera
A Good DSLR with a few gigs cards
Myself (i will be there at 10am)

I will upload some pics from my PPC on the fly, prob to my website. not too great quality but good enough...

Cant wait really!!!

JTech
Old 15-07-2008, 23:09   #11785
bluecar1
Inactive

bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

alex you got the final list of high profile speakers

i am putting a notice together a comment on iii about the demo and want to highlight the speakers

peter
Old 15-07-2008, 23:13   #11786
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Well the list is just the three of us now unfortunately. Earl of Northesk was trying to clear his schedule to attend but has been unable to and apologises to everyone for not being able to make it.

That said, I am looking forward to hearing what Baroness Miller and Jason have to say on the issue and the offer still stands for anyone else to have their say on the microphone, so I expect a few of you to take me up on that offer

Alexander Hanff
Old 15-07-2008, 23:36   #11787
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Just to encourage - more bad news for DPI advocates and for Phorm/NebuAd- looks like the heat is being turned up in the USA another notch by Congress.

http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/1654

I like the list of questions they are asking Embarq. Just the ones we can't get BT to answer. MP's please note!!! These Congressmen are doing good. We need to be similarly well served by OUR elected representatives. Time we had a BT executive or two sitting in front of a Commons select committee and getting grilled.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
alex you got the final list of high profile speakers

i am putting a notice together a comment on iii about the demo and want to highlight the speakers

peter
Well done - you just beat me to it on iii with the news from Congress about Embarq.

I've copied the "questions" they asked Embarq to the BT Beta thread and substituted BT Retail for Embarq and provided my understanding of how BT might answer. Of course if they would answer for themselves we'd all know a bit more!

Oh for MP's like those Congressmen?! With a bit of bite.
Old 15-07-2008, 23:41   #11788
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

Sorry Rob but scouse beat you by an hour and a half #11782
Having said that its as if they lifted the questions from the original BT Q&A thread but as you say where is our representation and such a short time if that were here you would smell the fear
Old 16-07-2008, 04:25   #11789
Hank

Cool Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

All my best wishes to all attending in London today

On the subject of VM... If anyone does get answers from them about Phorm I'll be interested cos I'm sitting on a BT MAC code ready to move isp to a none phorming one!

Old 16-07-2008, 08:26   #11790
bluecar1
Inactive

best of luck you guys and girls at the demo, hope plenty turn up and some embarrasing questions get asked in the agm

shame i am in brum today, would have loved to be there

peter
Closed Thread