Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 17:05   #1156
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

So you can’t speak for them, but they must be among the 17.4m?

It’d be a bizarre set of circumstances if 17 399 750 agreed and all of those who had contradictory opinions were in the House of Commons (plus Farage, who once liked the Norway model).

There’s a difference between leaving the house to go to the pub or to the cinema. Surely it’s worth deciding where to go before standing in the rain? What’s the rush?
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2019, 17:07   #1157
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Jeez - just seen this reply of yours - You are taking the piss again aren't you?

Nothing at all noble about those pathetic MPs - they have stood on election manifestos to honour the result and then decide to go against them, once elected because they are pathetic and won't accept the democratic result. So no, absolute rubbish that they are noble or brave.

I am sick of you telling everyone, in this thread, they didn't know what they were voting for - they did - they voted to leave and yes that was what the country voted for, the ones that bothered to vote, that is.

You do know what leave means ?

It's not rocket science - leave means to "exit something", "get out of" - leaving the EU means exactly that. FFS, I am sick of seeing the same shit being said in this thread, that Brexiteers didn't know what version of Brexit they wanted - Clue: We DID!!!

I sure as hell know what I voted for and I am damn well sure 17.4 Million others did as well.[COLOR="Silver"]
I have yet to meet a fellow leaver who did not know what they were voting for.

I've met many remainers who've told me I didn't know what I was voting for.
Old 04-04-2019, 17:07   #1158
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I have yet to meet a fellow leaver who did not know what they were voting for.

I've met many remainers who've told me I didn't know what I was voting for.
Not watch the news?

Anyway I’m going to leave this line of the topic. It’s going to be a long six months til the second referendum if we keep going in circles.
Old 04-04-2019, 17:08   #1159
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

As for each MP winning their seat you can see from the 6 million signatures on the petition that there’s a huge gulf among Labour voting constituencies.
Sorry, 17.4 Million beats 6 Million and if I was a Remainer, I would be very very worried that only 6 Million people have signed a well publicised petition to revoking Article 50 and Remaining in the EU. Where are all the 16 Million people who voted Remain, where is their signature, why have they not added theirs to it?

Not to mention that the figure is inflated due to abuse, i.e has been signed multiple times by the same persons. That is why we don't measure democracy via Online Petitions that can be easily manipulated and open to abuse.
Old 04-04-2019, 17:13   #1160
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Sorry, 17.4 Million beats 6 Million and if I was a Remainer, I would be very very worried that only 6 Million people have signed a well publicised petition to revoking Article 50 and Remaining in the EU. Where are all the 16 Million people who voted Remain, where is their signature, why have they not added theirs to it?

Not to mention that the figure is inflated due to abuse, i.e has been signed multiple times by the same persons. That is why we don't measure democracy via Online Petitions that can be easily manipulated and open to abuse.
I’m not using the figure to give weight to remaining, I’m saying if you break it down by constituency there’s a huge gulf between Labour constituencies (with the most and least signatories). Making a single manifesto pledge, for a party that didn’t win an election, rather irrelevant to it’s electorate.
Old 04-04-2019, 17:15   #1161
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I’m not using the figure to give weight to remaining, I’m saying if you break it down by constituency there’s a huge gulf between Labour constituencies (with the most and least signatories). Making a single manifesto pledge, for a party that didn’t win an election, rather irrelevant to it’s electorate.
Irrelevant that they didn't win the election, the MPs in Parliament won their seat in a Contest, standing on a platform of pledges, that got them elected and in place.
Old 04-04-2019, 17:22   #1162
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
They didn’t win the election despite the manifesto pledge. They’re not in a position to deliver, nor should they, to facilitate a damaging Tory Brexit.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Why would anyone want to do that?

If the population want to engage with politics they’re free to join a political party and steer it in any way they see fit.

So your against a peoples vote then ?
Old 04-04-2019, 17:55   #1163
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Their contradiction is not my contradiction, you need to ask them, not me!

There is no different forms of leaving. When you leave your house - you don't take off your arms and leave them behind, same when you leave a room, leave the country, you don't leave bits of you there, there is no differential differences with the definition of leaving, as I explained above leave means exactly that.
When I leave my house, sometimes I take my coat sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take my wallet sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take my car keys sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take the dog, sometimes I don't. Leave doesn't mean leave in terms of Brexit, it's simply just isn't that simple if you want the best for the country.
Old 04-04-2019, 18:10   #1164
Mick
Cable Forum Team

BREAKING: EU eyeing up No Deal Preparations with the Northern Ireland Border. Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar says he met people from border communities with German Chancellor Angela Merkel ahead of Brexit talks and says they discussed how the single market and an open border can be protected in a 'no-deal' Brexit. Source: Sky News.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
When I leave my house, sometimes I take my coat sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take my wallet sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take my car keys sometimes I don't. Sometimes I take the dog, sometimes I don't. Leave doesn't mean leave in terms of Brexit, it's simply just isn't that simple if you want the best for the country.
But regardless if you take belongings with you or not, truly fascinating that this wasn't, you're still leaving your house.
Old 04-04-2019, 18:22   #1165
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
BREAKING: EU eyeing up No Deal Preparations with the Northern Ireland Border. Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar says he met people from border communities with German Chancellor Angela Merkel ahead of Brexit talks and says they discussed how the single market and an open border can be protected in a 'no-deal' Brexit. Source: Sky News.

But regardless if you take belongings with you or not, truly fascinating that this wasn't, you're still leaving your house.
Has he gone out and left the lights on?
Old 04-04-2019, 18:24   #1166
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Of course but I'm leaving in different ways to do different things. Of course I could leave and never come back too.
Old 04-04-2019, 18:45   #1167
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Labour and Conservatives to continue talks tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2019, 19:02   #1168
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Labour and Conservatives to continue talks tomorrow.
At least they have not fallen out thus so far.
Old 04-04-2019, 19:04   #1169
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
At least they have not fallen out thus so far.
Too early to kick the can down the road again. Needs to be the “last possible minute” or this ruse isn’t credible.
Old 04-04-2019, 19:54   #1170
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How do you explain the contradiction between Davis, Mogg, Raab, Fox and Johnson as to whether May’s deal is good or bad?

I’m certain everyone who voted leave wanted some form of leaving. There’s no uniform consensus on the future relationship, customs etc. Even you must see that surely?
I’m truly bored of dating this now, but hey, one more time.

It was made Crystal clear prior to the referendum, that leaving the EU meant leaving the Single Market, Customs Union and ECJ jurisdiction. That was repeated over and over again and was in the famous leaflet delivered to each household. That is a fact and is unquestionable.

During the debate, Norway, Customs Union, EFTA were all discussed.

The reason I voted Remain was because I could see already on question time that politicians were talking up with some kind of Customs Union Deal, in which case there is no benefit in leaving, we’re better off in, in that scenario.

Then, It was only after the referendum, after the decision was made on the above information, that all these myriad of Brexits were purported. Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, people’s Brexit, Jobs first Brexit blah blah ffffinnn blah.

The only true Brexit means leaving the SM, CU & ECJ anything else isn’t Brexit, we’d be better staying in.