Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2014, 11:29   #1126
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

to be honest, I think I might drop down to a lower TV pack as well, FOX was a big draw for me, so now that's available in L Pack, and I'm not a sports fan, xl is a bit wasted on me.

Of course if they add some new entertainment channels(not mentioning any names!), that may change things again.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Just noticed the Borgias is on Pick TV from tonight.
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2014, 11:36   #1127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
to be honest, I think I might drop down to a lower TV pack as well, FOX was a big draw for me, so now that's available in L Pack, and I'm not a sports fan, xl is a bit wasted on me.

Of course if they add some new entertainment channels(not mentioning any names!), that may change things again.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Lets hope it is the full series and not just a few episodes.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:44   #1128
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post

For people who use Netflix with a smart DNS, all three seasons are on US Netflix.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastion View Post

I have just purchased a Now TV box with a 6 months entertainment pass. I also sub Lovefilm, so my families viewing is sorted.

If Sky add a few more good channels to Now TV, they are going to have a serious impact on both VM and Sky Satellite in my view.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:47   #1129
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Being a uneducated man what is smart DNS PB?.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:04   #1130
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
If Sky add a few more good channels to Now TV, they are going to have a serious impact on both VM and Sky Satellite in my view.
The crucial thing here is of course the long-term price. £5 is good value but its introductory price so how long will its stay at this price for? Perhaps a ramp up to £7pm then maybe a £1 each year for a bit. Perhaps a discount for those talking Sky broadband too?
Old 16-02-2014, 12:10   #1131
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You change the DNS setting on the device, such as laptop/ps3 etc and you can access other regions Netflix content and not restricted to just the UK content.
It can't be done on TiVo
Old 16-02-2014, 12:28   #1132
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The crucial thing here is of course the long-term price. £5 is good value but its introductory price so how long will its stay at this price for? Perhaps a ramp up to £7pm then maybe a £1 each year for a bit. Perhaps a discount for those talking Sky broadband too?
I'm sure someone posted on here that the NOW TV entertainment pas is going up to either £7.99 or £8.99 per month soon. It'll be interesting to see how many people are prepared to that per month. SKY did drop the price of their movie offering from £15.00 to £8.99 per month due to poor demand. Maybe they'll rethink the price of entertainment too if demand is low.

What I know for sure is SKY is taking services like Lovefilm and Netflix very seriously. I've been selected to take part in something SKY are working on in terms of video on demand services. I think NOW TV will be an ever evolving beast until people in the UK see it in the same light as a Netflix or Lovefilm. More content and lower pricing would be a good start.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
You change the DNS setting on the device, such as laptop/ps3 etc and you can access other regions Netflix content and not restricted to just the UK content.
It can't be done on TiVo
I'm always chopping and changing regions. My Smart TV is set to Netflix America, my Nintendo Wii is set to Netflix Canada and my Smart Blu-Ray player is set to Netflix UK. All 3 are in my livingroom and give me access to an incredible library of movies and TV. Access to many SKY exclusive programs like Arrow, The Borgias and The Following plus movies like Jack Reacher, End Of Watch, Flight plus Disney movies galore for the kids.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:30   #1133
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Now TV box with 5 sky sports day passes ordered, plus the one from Muppetman's link, factor in the fact that I work some Sundays and that's practically me done for the new f1 season, for £35. Of course, with the box in the house the chances are I'll be giving the entertainment pack a go for a month just to see what it's like. If it's any good, and especially considering the TiVo suggestions issues, well, who knows...

For me, losing the ability to record, the now tv entertainment side of things will live or die on the quality of the on demand offering and how well it compliments Netflix. We'll see.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:43   #1134
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Why do you think that you will be able to downgrade to TV M at the end of your current contract period without a new contract period?
Already have the email i got the CEO office to send me at the time. The email says "as per agreed once you have finished your 6 month offer on XLTV you can downgrade to our lowest pack TVM free of charge and with no new contract needed."
Old 16-02-2014, 12:48   #1135
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
http://www.unblock-us.com/

Costs around £3p/m

Gives you access to all Netflix regions, HBO Nordic, Hulu and a bunch of other stuff.

You need a paid subscription to HBO Nordic.
Old 16-02-2014, 13:26   #1136
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Now TV box with 5 sky sports day passes ordered, plus the one from Muppetman's link, factor in the fact that I work some Sundays and that's practically me done for the new f1 season, for £35. Of course, with the box in the house the chances are I'll be giving the entertainment pack a go for a month just to see what it's like. If it's any good, and especially considering the TiVo suggestions issues, well, who knows...

For me, losing the ability to record, the now tv entertainment side of things will live or die on the quality of the on demand offering and how well it compliments Netflix. We'll see.
That's my main issue with a PVR you have more flexibility , looking on the Now TV website it would appear a lot of the catch up has an expiry of 30 days , so as an example the service will contain the first four episodes when the 5th episode is added the first dissapears.

Many on here have stated that the service has incomplete boxsets which is wrong its purely only episodes via catch up , this is down to rights issues for series currently airing.

Another big complaint on the forums is around boxsets that have to short a viewing time and missing episodes , earlier on I checked the Now TV entertainment section and the 24 boxset was missing a few series but they've only just been added on Sky Series 1-8.

Sky seem to be listening when it comes to making boxsets available longer , The Wire Series 1-5 has an expiry date of Jan 2018 and 24 Series 1-8 in December 2015.
Old 16-02-2014, 14:06   #1137
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
http://www.unblock-us.com/

Costs around £3p/m

Gives you access to all Netflix regions, HBO Nordic, Hulu and a bunch of other stuff.

You need a paid subscription to HBO Nordic.
How much is a paid subscription to HBO Nordic PB?.
Old 16-02-2014, 14:16   #1138
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Just out of interest, has Watch changed its name, to Drama?
Old 16-02-2014, 14:29   #1139
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Just out of interest, has Watch changed its name, to Drama?
No Drama is a newish channel and Watch is still called Watch.
Old 16-02-2014, 14:34   #1140
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
How much is a paid subscription to HBO Nordic PB?.
It's around £8.70.

That's £3.70 more than the current price of Now TV. But you get the new episodes the day after the US air date and they have all the episodes of all the previous seasons (which Now TV doesn't have)

They also have non HBO quality content.

Given that the £4.99 for Sky now is due to rise to a similar price at some stage and the fact that you can get all previous seasons, I personally think it's worth the extra over Now TV.

And streaming to a PC, quality is HD, way better than Now TV PQ.
Closed Thread