Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 22:22   #1081
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
The fact premier sports was offering it on xl and vurgin want it as stand alone is maybe an example of how they hold talks
No it's not.
Old 04-02-2012, 22:42   #1082
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
The fact premier sports was offering it on xl and vurgin want it as stand alone is maybe an example of how they hold talks
Wrong again

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 05-02-2012, 01:33   #1083
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yeah and they don't make 'em like Till Death Us Do Part or ITV's Love Thy Neighbour either
Yes got to agree with you there they were great...

I've been watching Rising Damp for the past few weeks

It's been on ITV3 and it's just as funny now as it was back then

Must say though a bit surprised about no prior warnings/bleeps etc

As excellent & funny as it was/is with LR being on top form as per usual

That Don Warrington actor who played philip took some right stick from Rigsby(PC related) and I just wondered how some of it got through. Still great viewing though
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11   #1084
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

anyone know if a Elvis Preseley music channel is coming anytime soon? i would defo pay a premium charge for that King of rock and roll
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53   #1085
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Yes got to agree with you there they were great...

I've been watching Rising Damp for the past few weeks

It's been on ITV3 and it's just as funny now as it was back then

Must say though a bit surprised about no prior warnings/bleeps etc

As excellent & funny as it was/is with LR being on top form as per usual

That Don Warrington actor who played philip took some right stick from Rigsby(PC related) and I just wondered how some of it got through. Still great viewing though
I sat down and watched a Skyes episode and I creased up laughing thats what I call comedy unlike todays so call comics!

yes I am a old fart
Old 05-02-2012, 10:06   #1086
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
I sat down and watched a Skyes episode and I creased up laughing thats what I call comedy unlike todays so call comics!

yes I am a old fart
Welcome to the Old Farts Club
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30   #1087
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

I have received a letter from Virgin saying the price of my package will increase by £4.10 on 1 April to make sure Virgin continue to give the best home entertainment and services.

I take this to mean that Virgin TV packages will improve further by April. Personally I would like to see Premier Sport in a package as I would watch it more than most channels. However, I accept that it would be lower down many peoples wish list and would be happy to see a general improvement in current packages.

What would be unhelpful is an eight percent increase to the TV XL pack price without content improvement.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08   #1088
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

I haven't received a letter yet (here's hoping I don't have an increase but it's probably delayed in the post), but if they are raising prices to improve things they should say what they are going to do for the extra money.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43   #1089
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF VM are to increase prices, where are the extra channels, there isn't any, my gripe along with everyone else is that you don't mind paying the extra money, but we are not getting the services.

I spoke with a VM engineer the other as part of my day to day job, and he was telling me that he gets fed up with customers having a go about the service.

If VM want to increase prices, then they must increase channel output, l would have no problem with paying extra money, if l was getting extra services, and l don't mean +1 channels.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:35   #1090
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
IF VM are to increase prices, where are the extra channels, there isn't any, my gripe along with everyone else is that you don't mind paying the extra money, but we are not getting the services.

I spoke with a VM engineer the other as part of my day to day job, and he was telling me that he gets fed up with customers having a go about the service.

If VM want to increase prices, then they must increase channel output, l would have no problem with paying extra money, if l was getting extra services, and l don't mean +1 channels.
Hope you get extra apples/baked beans/asparagus/whatever when Tesco/Morrisons/Sainsburys/et al put their prices up - before complaining about VM look around you at the real world
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47   #1091
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emel View Post
I have received a letter from Virgin saying the price of my package will increase by £4.10 on 1 April to make sure Virgin continue to give the best home entertainment and services.
I had a letter a few days ago saying that our broadband is going up to 120Mb and from 1st April our bundle price is reducing by £5.30 a month.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54   #1092
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I had a letter a few days ago saying that our broadband is going up to 120Mb and from 1st April our bundle price is reducing by £5.30 a month.
Well thats somebody who's prices are going down so put it there.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56   #1093
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Rumours of tests on satellite for MTV HD have been about now for a week or two

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=383
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56   #1094
PWSPWS
Inactive

Services: VIP50 Tivo & 3 V+ (one old & 2 Samsungs)
PWSPWS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I had the letter saying 50Mb to 100Mb upgrade, but not until October 2012 to July 2013 - is that "Coming Soon" . Didn't mention anything about price rise though
Old 05-02-2012, 13:31   #1095
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post

yes I am a old fart
No we're not OF's jodash it's just appreciating classic funny comedy at it's best

And yes you're right about the "I'm a comedian" brigade of today
Closed Thread