Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:59   #1051
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Another link below regarding the story Snoopz posted. Fifa 14 is only an 8GB download. That seems too little to me for an Xbox One game

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/e...?ncid=rss_trun

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

On that link Snoopz posted it seems they wrote down the wrong Forza version. On the link it says 'Forza Motorsport 4' when it should be 5
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06   #1052
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Another link below regarding the story Snoopz posted. Fifa 14 is only an 8GB download. That seems too little to me for an Xbox One game

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/e...?ncid=rss_trun

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

On that link Snoopz posted it seems they wrote down the wrong Forza version. On the link it says 'Forza Motorsport 4' when it should be 5
It's EA you know what they're like regarding stuff that's actually new. I'm guessing they've merely implemented a new engine without changing textures or anything else. Probably won't mean much to anyone as they'll already have bought fifa for other platforms like myself.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:08   #1053
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

No prices have been put up in the Xbox Games store yet

Tweet
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56   #1054
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
No prices have been put up in the Xbox Games store yet

Tweet

I really wish they could put prices up this week, if the prices are cheaper or the same i will get the digital downloads and cancel my disk pre orders but i fear we won't know until after release.

Whatever happens though the 500GB HDD is going to fill up extremely quickly!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:58   #1055
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I really wish they could put prices up this week, if the prices are cheaper or the same i will get the digital downloads and cancel my disk pre orders but i fear we won't know until after release.

Whatever happens though the 500GB HDD is going to fill up extremely quickly!
Will it not only fill up, if you play all games at once?

I would have thought you prioritise the game(s0 you are playing now, and re-download other games when you want to play again
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01   #1056
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

At 40-50GB a game install it will fill up quickly depending on how many games we want to play and you can't install a bigger HDD, that has to be an external drive which currently is not supported although MS say they will in the future unlike the PS4.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:28   #1057
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
At 40-50GB a game install it will fill up quickly depending on how many games we want to play and you can't install a bigger HDD, that has to be an external drive which currently is not supported although MS say they will in the future unlike the PS4.
PS4 has the ability to switch out internal drives though. That's a much better option all round rather than allowing external drives. The external features on the 360 are the root cause of cheating and hacking. The same will apply to the Xbox one should they allow it. There's no way to protect against system mods and hackers though. Every time Microsoft fills a hole, the modding community digs another. This is the part I'd describe the simple fix but there just isn't one that's viable.

Forcing every single game save to be on the cloud rather than your HDD or external could work. Wouldn't stop the high end JTAG users but they're massively limited when compared to kids using flash drives to cheat.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:56   #1058
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes i agree being able to swap out the internal is a better option although with external we maybe able to take an external around friends houses.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:04   #1059
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Yes i agree being able to swap out the internal is a better option although with external we maybe able to take an external around friends houses.
Shouldn't be an issue if they can reimplement the sharing features. Another viable option is the cloud option. All saves are saved to the cloud and automatically download to HDD when you sign in on a different console. There's endless possibilities here but I'd rather see a return of the sharing options.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05   #1060
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Microsoft engineer confirms you can play games on the PS4 and take advantage of the Xbox Ones user interface if you own both consoles.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...entry596088289
Old 09-11-2013, 12:18   #1061
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

If an Xbox one dies whilst attached to a PS4 you'll never hear the end of it.

Could make a train of Xbox ones. Hooking them up to tv's on the way
Old 09-11-2013, 14:44   #1062
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Here are the dimensions of the Xbox One and Kinect for anyone that needs it to see if things fit under the TV, luckily i have a few millimetres of room to place it all next to the V+ on the shelf under the TV.

Console (LxWxH):

13.1" x 10.8" x 3.1"

33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm

Kinect 2 (LxWxH):

9.8" x 2.6" x 2.63"

24.9cm x 6.6cm x 6.7cm

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Need for Speed Rivals comparison video with PS4, looks the same to me. The game will be running at 1080p and 30 FPS on both consoles, although this isn't confirmed whether it is native or upscaled after reading further.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/08/...ics-comparison

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12640-ne...-xbox-one.html
Old 09-11-2013, 15:02   #1063
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

That's because developers aren't going to take time to make one consoles version better than the other. There's no point in it. Miniscule differences would be achieved at best. Exclusives will be the real comparison line for visuals but even then apart from resolutions there's hardly basis to call the PS4 some kind of superpower compared to an Xbox.

Examples being. I think Forza 4 looked better than GT5
Old 09-11-2013, 15:08   #1064
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I would like to see Kinect used more in the future for head movements like it has been implemented in the Battlefield 4 Xbox One version, hopefully not with neck ache. lol
Old 09-11-2013, 15:14   #1065
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I don't think Kinect will ever take off properly. It's been pushed since release but there just isn't that much interest and I tend to agree with the slow reaction. I much prefer to keep it with the controller. People can enjoy their dancing or w.e games but controlling my lean or head in BF just isn't a big deal to me. Could probably be done quicker on the controller.

If they're gonna push it they should use slow paced games as seen with Trackir and Flight sim.

If Microsoft had any sense they'd leave Kinect where it is or bin it and then focus their entire attention on bringing oculus rift to the X1

Oculus rift and BF or COD.

In fact G25/27 support too. Simple support for these things could turn heads. I know Xbox and Madcatz are developing a racing wheel but what if it's as crap as the last one. G25/27 are arguably the two most popular wheels in existence and proper support to use them on Forza could be huge. They were supported on the PS3 so it can't be that hard.

Oculus Rift and G25/27 whilst playing Forza... Microsoft need to employ gamers!