Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The what are you drinking now?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The what are you drinking now?

Old 06-02-2009, 22:07   #1051
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
Re: The what are you drinking now thread

Frost jacks and red wine mixed
Does anybody know of a mail order site for livers
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2009, 22:39   #1052
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Frost jacks and red wine mixed
Does anybody know of a mail order site for livers
showing my ignorance here, but what is a 'Frost Jack', Mark?

- red wine I am more than familiar with

- Tesco Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon 3L box, atm ...
Old 06-02-2009, 22:43   #1053
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
showing my ignorance here, but what is a 'Frost Jack', Mark?

- red wine I am more than familiar with

- Tesco Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon 3L box, atm ...
try Frosty Jacks...
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 22:56   #1054
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
try Frosty Jacks...
ah, yes - White Lightning substitute - thanks, but no thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 23:16   #1055
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Its an aquired taste *hic*
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 23:17   #1056
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Some Chilean here too. Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon from ASDA

Watery crap made with grapes which didn't ripen properly 2/10
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 23:29   #1057
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Some Chilean here too. Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon from ASDA

Watery crap made with grapes which didn't ripen properly 2/10
The Tesco stuff is only 12.5%, but doesn't have that 'thin & acid' character - neither is it too 'fruity' - it is going down quite well
Old 06-02-2009, 23:53   #1058
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
The Tesco stuff is only 12.5%, but doesn't have that 'thin & acid' character - neither is it too 'fruity' - it is going down quite well
Y'know, I tried this stuff last year (it was the 2006 vintage then) and it was rubbish then but I thought I'd give this one another chance seeing as it's one of the featured wines this week but it's just as bad. Rather than a sign of quality, I think the featured wine thing has now become a platform to shift stuff of questionable quality which they have too much of.

They even have the cheek to put a sticker proclaiming "2007 historic vintage" on the neck, which it wasn't of course so that should have been enough warning. My own fault I guess.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 00:06   #1059
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Y'know, I tried this stuff last year (it was the 2006 vintage then) and it was rubbish then but I thought I'd give this one another chance seeing as it's one of the featured wines this week but it's just as bad. Rather than a sign of quality, I think the featured wine thing has now become a platform to shift stuff of questionable quality which they have too much of.

They even have the cheek to put a sticker proclaiming "2007 historic vintage" on the neck, which it wasn't of course so that should have been enough warning. My own fault I guess.
I always wonder whether the retailers buyers check what is delivered, compared to what they chose for the promotion??
Old 07-02-2009, 14:23   #1060
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice

At the moment i am drinking southern comfort with lemonade and ice washed down with southern comfort. MMMMM.
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 15:26   #1061
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Nice cup of regular tea!
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 19:23   #1062
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Tiger
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 20:55   #1063
LemonyBrainAid
Inactive

Services: 50MB Virgin w/ TiVo 1TB
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array

Chocolate milk <3
LemonyBrainAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 21:31   #1064
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Coke now
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 23:27   #1065
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Steamboat and very nice it is - cheers
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote