Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 29-03-2022, 12:42   #1036
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Prime is pretty good value, though. It’s half the price of Netflix and offers both original and archive streaming, free and subscription streaming channels and free delivery on Prime products.

It’s better value than Disney + - but hey, horses for courses…
Prime is only good value for me when they have the Autumn Rugby Internationals and the 2 Premiership Football rounds.

Rarely buy off Amazon so the free delivery benefit is of no use.

However I would agree it is better value than Netflix - just goes to show Streaming isn't the future.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2022, 14:32   #1037
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Prime is pretty good value, though. It’s half the price of Netflix and offers both original and archive streaming, free and subscription streaming channels and free delivery on Prime products.

Prime ain't as good value as you think if you look under the hood especially as prices will be going up to £10.99p/m soon.
Old 29-03-2022, 14:39   #1038
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Prime is good value if you order lots of stuff from Amazon. But the TV service is to Netflix what Jeff Bezos’ massive flying phallus is to SpaceX. It’s just not a serious competitor. If we ever found our Amazon purchases reducing by much, we would cancel our Prime sub in a flash.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 15:28   #1039
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Prime is only good value for me when they have the Autumn Rugby Internationals and the 2 Premiership Football rounds.

Rarely buy off Amazon so the free delivery benefit is of no use.

However I would agree it is better value than Netflix - just goes to show Streaming isn't the future.
Don’t understand how that follows…..
Old 29-03-2022, 15:48   #1040
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

You also get unlimited photo storage and some free music streaming so for me Amazon Prime is pretty awesome value.
Old 29-03-2022, 15:53   #1041
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You also get unlimited photo storage and some free music streaming so for me Amazon Prime is pretty awesome value.
And some Kindle books too
Old 29-03-2022, 16:13   #1042
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
It’s good value for us, but that’s based entirely on free next-day Prime delivery. The TV service is an add-on that’s occasionally useful.

E.g, me just now, spotting a yellow flash on my echo: “Alexa, where’s my stuff?”
Alexa: “Two packages where delivered…”
Me thinking right that’s fine, they’re the ones I collected at the door
Alexa: “…another package will arrive today between 5pm and 7pm…”
Me thinking I’ve no idea what that is
Alexa: “…two more packages will arrive tomorrow…”
Me thinking, ah, I actually ordered those so I know what they are
Alexa: “…two more packages are on the way.”
Me thinking I haven’t a clue.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 16:15   #1043
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I use youtube premium for music at £1.20p/m use a vpn set to India to subscribe

It suits me better as i have the Google home.
Old 29-03-2022, 19:18   #1044
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Don’t understand how that follows…..

You wouldnt
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 20:09   #1045
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

It is to you but may not very well be to others , the whole streaming world is getting very expensive so much so we have started to trim back services with many others doing the same. I’m pretty sure some will struggle going forward with the sheer amount of services and content available.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 23:28   #1046
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
You wouldnt
Well, it doesn’t.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It is to you but may not very well be to others , the whole streaming world is getting very expensive so much so we have started to trim back services with many others doing the same. I’m pretty sure some will struggle going forward with the sheer amount of services and content available.
The advantage of the streamers is you can dip in and out. No need to subscribe to them all at once, or just one all the time.

They are much better value than the pay TV channels, which tie you into long contractual arrangements.
Old 30-03-2022, 21:01   #1047
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Disney+ is the only streamer I need because you get the latest films around 60 days after releasing in cinemas, shows from stations like ABC, FX, Fox and Disney Channel now debut here. All for £80 annually! What’s not to like?

I get free Netflix from my uncle (but rarely use it) and Spotify also provides decent value.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2022, 02:19   #1048
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Disney+ is the only streamer I need because you get the latest films around 60 days after releasing in cinemas, shows from stations like ABC, FX, Fox and Disney Channel now debut here. All for £80 annually! What’s not to like?

I get free Netflix from my uncle (but rarely use it) and Spotify also provides decent value.
Not for long they are clamping down on password sharing. Just be aware mate.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:47   #1049
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Had a drink with some friend from old work place tonight they was saying the streaming bubble is about to burst, what started of as a novelty with Netflix and Amazon video services is now becoming a pain to keep up with there are too many streaming services now and the content being scattered across different streaming platforms makes something that was once incredible value for money now quite expensive and people aren't happy with it.
Streaming services need to be extremely careful with the likes of Netflix raising prices in times where living costs are at a all time high could price the likes of Netflix out of peoples price range.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:00   #1050
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Had a drink with some friend from old work place tonight they was saying the streaming bubble is about to burst, what started of as a novelty with Netflix and Amazon video services is now becoming a pain to keep up with there are too many streaming services now and the content being scattered across different streaming platforms makes something that was once incredible value for money now quite expensive and people aren't happy with it.
Streaming services need to be extremely careful with the likes of Netflix raising prices in times where living costs are at a all time high could price the likes of Netflix out of peoples price range.
Very interesting. A new model for TV content will be needed soon.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote