Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 14:05   #1006
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

So if Virgin is the only place to get all the football they need to get negotiations going ?
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2018, 14:19   #1007
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

So if Virgin is the only place to get all the football they need to get negotiations going ?
I believe that is already happening, although I also understand that the Amazon channels won't make it to the V6/TiVos. Exactly where that puts us in terms of the football is anyone's guess!
Old 07-06-2018, 16:13   #1008
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I believe that is already happening, although I also understand that the Amazon channels won't make it to the V6/TiVos. Exactly where that puts us in terms of the football is anyone's guess!
I'd imagine that tag line will end. I'd be thankfully if VM managed to renew with BT never mind get amazon on board!
Old 07-06-2018, 18:53   #1009
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I'd imagine that tag line will end. I'd be thankfully if VM managed to renew with BT never mind get amazon on board!

Wonder how much Virgin will reduce their packages if they cannot agree with BT?
Old 07-06-2018, 19:16   #1010
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I would be surprised if a wholesale deal with BT for the sports and AMC channels couldn't be done, to be honest.

There is a guaranteed income for BT with a wholesale deal, and they would be disappointed with the number of VM subscribers who would be prepared to pay extra for BT Sport. So I think BT make more money out of the wholesale arrangements than they would do otherwise.

Add to that the poor viewing figures attracted by AMC and I would imagine that it was a no-brainer to try and get that channel onto more platforms.
Old 07-06-2018, 21:04   #1011
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I would be surprised if a wholesale deal with BT for the sports and AMC channels couldn't be done, to be honest.

There is a guaranteed income for BT with a wholesale deal, and they would be disappointed with the number of VM subscribers who would be prepared to pay extra for BT Sport. So I think BT make more money out of the wholesale arrangements than they would do otherwise.

Add to that the poor viewing figures attracted by AMC and I would imagine that it was a no-brainer to try and get that channel onto more platforms.

It will be interesting to see Virgins pricing structure after the deal is finalised. Will they leave it in the packages and expect everyone to pay more? Or will they make it a standalone option, in which case how much will it cost and how much will they reduce the cost of packages to reflect it is no longer included?
Old 07-06-2018, 21:08   #1012
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post

With their deal with SKY to wholesale SKY Sports from 2019, and their recent deal with Amazon, BT as things stand is the only place to get all the football. I didn't think they had it in them.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:18   #1013
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdxc37 View Post
premium for the majority but there are a couple included in bundles.
I wish Sky would do the same - I know people who stick by VM to the nth degree but use Sky for that one thing. Problem now is that with Sky Q they have to pay for the installation / box (not being their property). For people who have the old HD boxes (like me) this works out (if you want the networks). If you don't, it just ups the cost for the entire package no reason. So I lose out.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:55   #1014
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It's not all tripe, Mr K, there's been some decent shows shown on Atlantic over the past few years.
Have you watched Billions a Showtime show ?

Well worth a watch.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:14   #1015
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
It will be interesting to see Virgins pricing structure after the deal is finalised. Will they leave it in the packages and expect everyone to pay more? Or will they make it a standalone option, in which case how much will it cost and how much will they reduce the cost of packages to reflect it is no longer included?
A stand alone option would be bad for BT because it would mean fewer subscribers to the extent that the inflated price for this would not cover the change. I maintain that there will be a wholesale deal and AMC will be included within it.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
With their deal with SKY to wholesale SKY Sports from 2019, and their recent deal with Amazon, BT as things stand is the only place to get all the football. I didn't think they had it in them.
I think Amazon Prime will be available on V6 boxes by 2019, so we shouldn't lose out.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:27   #1016
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A stand alone option would be bad for BT because it would mean fewer subscribers to the extent that the inflated price for this would not cover the change. I maintain that there will be a wholesale deal and AMC will be included within it.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

I think Amazon Prime will be available on V6 boxes by 2019, so we shouldn't lose out.
I agree, OB...I think VM will do everything to maintain the USP of all the Football in one place - not necessarily one subscription but on one box...I'm pretty sure a separate Amazon sub would still be needed, similar to Netflix.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:39   #1017
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
What gives you that impression?.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:50   #1018
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
People with Prime are hardly likely to lose out anyway , Prime Video is available on lots of devices already.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11   #1019
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
People with Prime are hardly likely to lose out anyway , Prime Video is available on lots of devices already.
A lot of Smart TV's have the Prime video app.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22   #1020
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A lot of Smart TV's have the Prime video app.
And consoles too...

The likelihood is that if you have an Prime subscription you will have a smart tv and/or Fire Stick/Xbox or Playstation anyway...so not too much of an inconvenience if not on the V6.
Closed Thread