Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 27-07-2012, 11:58   #961
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

With 'all these technical' problems that we get on TiVo, As l have had bad problems, How many channels etc does the TiVo carry, and carry it carry much more.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2012, 17:37   #962
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
With 'all these technical' problems that we get on TiVo, As l have had bad problems, How many channels etc does the TiVo carry, and carry it carry much more.
Arthur, most of us don't get 'all these technical' problems. Mine has worked perfectly satisfactorily since I got it installed. I don't know what on earth has caused the problems you have reported on this forum, but believe me, you must just be unlucky.

Your last sentence, I'm afraid, does not make any sense.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 18:38   #963
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I think he meant

Quote:
How many channels etc does the TiVo carry, and can it carry much more.
The answer is that it carries as many as the V+ but I don't know how many more it can carry and whether this is more or less than the V+.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 19:51   #964
Bagsy
cf.member

Bagsy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Oh, I see what you mean. If you set a one-off recording of an episode, it will record that episode. But if you set a "New only" series link on a repeat series it won't record anything.
Thanks spiderplant
I think I would like to see the Tivo box just record the series you want whether a repeat or not as default, and then give you the option of recording any future repeats of a series if you wish.
I cannot quite see the sense in wanting to record a repeat of a series you are now recording , as you can keep the recording & watch as many times as you like.
Anyway done that, does anybody know if the option to burn to a DVD from a recording will be introduced.
Bagsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 20:48   #965
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How many channels etc does the TiVo carry, and can it carry much more.
There isn't really a limit. It's like asking "How many roads does your car support?"

You'd run out of channel numbers at 900 channels, but that could be fixed by switching to 4-digit numbers.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 11:48   #966
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Just rung 150 as many of our channels have been down for about a week...

The woman on the other end said she was surprised I was getting any channels at all as the signal is the worst she had seen on a TiVo box

Engineer due Wednesday... let's hope he knows what's going on
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 19:38   #967
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagsy View Post
I cannot quite see the sense in wanting to record a repeat of a series you are now recording , as you can keep the recording & watch as many times as you like.
I think Bagsy it is because the content providers do not always flag new programmes up as 'New'. So if you didn't have it set for 'New and Reruns' as we are advised to do, some of the episodes from a new series could be missing.

I have noticed when accessing my folders that some programmes are labelled as 'New' and others aren't labelled at all, even though it is a first showing.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 22:06   #968
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Where do the star ratings come from for movies on Tivo?
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 22:11   #969
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Where do the star ratings come from for movies on Tivo?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../609561#M10321
Old 30-07-2012, 22:20   #970
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Thanks Ben
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:37   #971
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
As Carl says. As far as it goes mine has worked from day one.
What it offers is an other story,but nothing to do with how well it works
Old 31-07-2012, 23:43   #972
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Why is the iplayer in a diff format on Tivo v V+?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 23:55   #973
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Why is the iplayer in a diff format on Tivo v V+?
They're delivered in a different way. The TiVo gets iPlayer down its dedicated broadband connection while other boxes get it down the traditional VOD route.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 21:13   #974
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

With the wish list function, I am recording some old episodes of Holby City for a relative who is coming to stay with me in a week or 2 and she only uses Freeview so is looking forward to the chance to see these old Holby episodes.

However, when I set the list to record only new programmes, it wasn't recording them, but then using New and Re-runs it is taping both episodes in a day, when the lunchtime episode is a repeat of the previous evening's episode. For example, the lunch one is on at quarter to 2, and is a repeat of the episode shown at quarter to 7 the previous evening. So I get the previous evening and the current evening being recorded each day and I have to delete one of the 2 each evening. Is there a way around this problem please?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 21:23   #975
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

That certainly shouldn't happen unless either or both has only a generic synopsis as the box should only record any given episode once in any 28-day period.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote