Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 13-08-2018, 20:28   #931
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Is this a follow up to the David Boucher (Chief Clown) 'Sorry, we've lost the channels because of our own greed and incompetence' email ? Personally I got neither.

What we will all get very shortly is a letter along the lines of 'we've simplified your bill with an increase. But we have given you UKTV as a bonus ! '

Even Dick Turpin wore a mask......
Don't you mean:

'Sorry, we've lost the UKTV channels this was because of UKTV greed'

And Virgin Media will need to now increase you bill to pay for UKTV greed.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2018, 20:30   #932
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mr K you are rather cynical sometimes...
Only sometimes Den ? But you know I'm right
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 21:11   #933
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think you need to check you facts.
ITV can be removed from Sky and in fact were not on Sky for a long time.
Sky can not refuse to carry them if fees are paid and ITV can withdrawn them.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

So you would just pay up and be quiet?
My point was that ITV can decide not to be on Sky, but Sky cannot stop them if they want to be.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think you need to check you facts.
ITV can be removed from Sky and in fact were not on Sky for a long time.
Sky can not refuse to carry them if fees are paid and ITV can withdrawn them.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

So you would just pay up and be quiet?
I don't know the full facts, so can't say what I would have done, but I would have handled the PR side in a much more professional manner.

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Quite right, that's the problem with social media. The phrase "empty vessels makes the most noise" comes to mind.
Social media is now a more powerful tool amongst younger people than TV, radio or newspapers. Organisations who don't take this on board do so at their peril.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
OK, but as long as you have a DVR STBm no worries. Which is what you get with everyone for the last 15 years so I would think that wouldn't be so much of an issue now. Good old technology.
My comment was in relation to my intention to get the UKTV channels back by signing up to TV Player. I didnt in the end as you can't record the channels and there is no VOD so, as live TV was the only option and no use to me because of one of my disabilities, I didn't sign up in the end.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 21:19   #934
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
My point was that ITV can decide not to be on Sky, but Sky

My comment was in relation to my intention to get the UKTV channels back by signing up to TV Player. I didnt in the end as you can't record the channels and there is no VOD so, as live TV was the only option and no use to me because of one of my disabilities, I didn't sign up in the end.
I never got round to buying the Now TV box that VM suggested I buy to access UKTV, and nicely gave me the money and subscription for.

Oh well, a few meals out on VM this year. Cheers to the Chief Clown David Bouchier, top bloke
Old 13-08-2018, 22:22   #935
Unknownguy
Inactive

Unknownguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I also got the email. Nice of them to send one for channels we shouldn't have lost in the first place if both sides had played ball and thought of the customers and the vast sums we pay them!
Unknownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 22:28   #936
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I never got round to buying the Now TV box that VM suggested I buy to access UKTV, and nicely gave me the money and subscription for.

Oh well, a few meals out on VM this year. Cheers to the Chief Clown David Bouchier, top bloke
Laughable isn't it, a pay TV company suggesting that you go to a much cheaper competitor and giving you the money to do it 🤣🤣🤣

That said, they probably failed to realise that only GOLD is on Now TV.

Good on you Mr K is what I say.
Old 13-08-2018, 22:55   #937
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Don't you mean:

I'm guessing Media Boy's insiders are now fully aware of the inside dealings of the contract negotiations, and have the exclusive that it's all down to UKTV demanding a tonne more money (rather than the information reported by such unreliable outlets as The Times and The Guardian that Virgin wanted a 50% reduction).

Either that, or he's making it up as he goes along again. One of those, definitely.
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 22:57   #938
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Now that VM and UKTV have kissed and made up. I GURRANTEE that VM will put the prices UP.

And will say that WE have listened to our customers. And given more value for money.

What a load of crap
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 22:58   #939
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice

There's also the point that they've already increased prices for new customers... And did it while UKTV was still missing, so wouldn't have been the reason for higher costs:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33706653
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 23:12   #940
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

The prices would be going up regardless just as they do every year its got nothing to do with UKTV
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 23:14   #941
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
The prices would be going up regardless just as they do every year its got nothing to do with UKTV
exactly
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 00:41   #942
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I agree. Like any company, VM will charge the maximum that the market or individual customers will stand. This is why list prices are reduced for those of us not prepared to pay them.

If people are happy to pay the list prices, all well and good for them and VM. Those that aren't will be viewed as less profitable, but a lesser profit is better than no profit and boosting the fortunes of a competitor.

Now that the UKTV channels have been restored, i'm happy to stay with VM, but if the day ever came that my discounts were reduced, i'd be downgrading or leaving for a competitor company and their new customer discounts.

I've heard that UKTV are to do a similar thing as Sky did when they were temporarily taken off VM and will be repeating the programmes that we missed over the three weeks or so that they weren't on VM. Has anyone else heard this?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-08-2018 at 00:44.
Old 14-08-2018, 06:38   #943
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

There is no need to repeat them.

They will be On Demand I'm sure.
Old 14-08-2018, 08:32   #944
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Depends on the level of the increase and whether they use UKTV as an excuse, even though charges to them weren't increased. Inflation increases are fair enough, but in recent years prices have been inflation busting and sometimes more than one increase.

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Don't you mean:

Seems your info sources at MB HQ aren't very good ! Sack them if I were you
Old 14-08-2018, 08:33   #945
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewEastaugh View Post
I'm guessing Media Boy's insiders are now fully aware of the inside dealings of the contract negotiations, and have the exclusive that it's all down to UKTV demanding a tonne more money (rather than the information reported by such unreliable outlets as The Times and The Guardian that Virgin wanted a 50% reduction).

Either that, or he's making it up as he goes along again. One of those, definitely.
I am sure they have given him a full reports. Telling him it is for him to determine how much he can tell the pleps that slavishly follow him . watch the long list of gold options next will be l told so!