Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2008, 23:09   #9286
antihanff.com
cf.member

antihanff.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Delaney View Post
@ antihanff.com

You've read all the posts in this thread and you can't see what we're on about?

Is English not your first language by any chance?
Admin Edit (Stuart): Deleted

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSon View Post
So much to pick, but so little time (because I do have a job in which to first have a good nights sleep for). So I will just take one piece of your missive for now, my favourite part.

It does make me smile that you consider the Foundation for Information Policy Research and the Open Rights Group plus all associated academics of the more renkown universities as 'ranting amateurs'.

However, if I am permitted to play devil's advocate and ask you which area of this whole debacle that you don't get? I will admire that, it takes courage to put your hand up and say "I don't understand this, can someone helo me?" More courage than to shun the entire debate beacuse it is either over your grasp, or, worse still, becasue you have vested interests in it succeeding.

So I ask, which will it be, would you like help?
Just try google liberty or civil rights or religious freedom and find how many people out there CLAIM something is ILLEGAL and then find actually all is okay.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Hello HamsterWheel, if you are not him you are certainly one of his.

Alexander Hanff
WHO IS HAMSTER?
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2008, 23:10   #9287
Tharrick
Inactive

Services: Virgin 20mb cable
Tharrick will become famous soon enoughTharrick will become famous soon enoughTharrick will become famous soon enough

Looks like I logged on at exactly the right moment.

Hey, Alex, is this El Reg post about you?

Even if it isn't, this strikes me as a very scientology-esque method - dig out something in somebody's past that might discredit them today, or make something up if you can't find anything. However, it seems that our anti-Hanff here hasn't bothered to really read these articles - like the bits where it states that Alex was actually not involved in the bittorrent stuff aside from paying for the server-space. Not to mention the fact that bittorrent by itself is not illegal.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:12   #9288
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihanff.com View Post
A lot has been said about being fair, and a lot has been said about not being insulting to others on this forum. I have taken the time to read EVERY post on this thread, including most of the references.

I JUST DONT GET WHAT YOU GUYS ARE ON ABOUT.

Whilst I see that BT and Phorm have been dispicable in the trials by not informing users and totally disregarding the customers interests I don't see why the issue of targeted advertising itself is such a problem to you all.
You clearly haven't read all the thread then. Admittedly, at nearly 10,000 posts, I don't blame you.

My particular problems with Phorm (as I have explained a couple of times) are simple. I don't object to them tracking me, as long as the fact that they are doing so is clearly explained (which neither BT nor Phorm have done in the mainstream press) and I can opt in (not out).

No, my problem is that the people behind Phorm have, er, form (look up 121media) for lying to people, and considering that they claim that all the processing is done within your ISP's network, they have an awful lot of hardware installed in Data Centres in countries not known for their Data Protection and Freedom of Information laws (China and Russia). This, combined with the fact that the system actually stores your browsing data for a while before anonymising it (thus ensuring it will attract hackers).

Oh, and I just looked up your IP. Odd how all the Pro phorm people I have seen have BTCentral Ips..
Old 18-06-2008, 23:13   #9289
antihanff.com
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrick View Post
Looks like I logged on at exactly the right moment.

Hey, Alex, is this El Reg post about you?

Even if it isn't, this strikes me as a very scientology-esque method - dig out something in somebody's past that might discredit them today, or make something up if you can't find anything. However, it seems that our anti-Hanff here hasn't bothered to really read these articles - like the bits where it states that Alex was actually not involved in the bittorrent stuff aside from paying for the server-space. Not to mention the fact that bittorrent by itself is not illegal.
Thank you I see I am not the only one against this CAMPAIGN OF TERROR against LEGITIMATE business and INNOCENT SHAREHOLDERS
Old 18-06-2008, 23:13   #9290
Tharrick
Inactive

Tharrick will become famous soon enoughTharrick will become famous soon enoughTharrick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oh, and I just looked up your IP. Odd how all the Pro phorm people I have seen have BTCentral Ips..
It's not paranoia if you can actually see the black helicopters hovering outside your window
Old 18-06-2008, 23:15   #9291
antihanff.com
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrick View Post
It's not paranoia if you can actually see the black helicopters hovering outside your window
DID YOU JUST BREAK THE DATA PROTECTION?
Old 18-06-2008, 23:15   #9292
Tharrick
Inactive

Quote:
Thank you I see I am not the only one against this CAMPAIGN OF TERROR against innocent business
Ah, an Ertugrul-scale misquote.

Firstly, I'd like to think that I'm on the forefront of this campaign, or at least no more than three ranks back from such, given the amount of writing to MPs, MEPs and the like I've been doing over the past few weeks.
Secondly, if you actually read my post, you'll find that I both point out that anything you can dig out in Alex's past is irrelevant, and also that you're guilty of some major ad hominem here, in the same way as the Church of Scientology.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:16   #9293
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Quote:
Thank you I see I am not the only one against this CAMPAIGN OF TERROR against LEGITIMATE business and INNOCENT SHAREHOLDERS
No one claimed you are alone, although as you are intent on being abusive it is possible you are a loner and seeking attention.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:16   #9294
antihanff.com
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
DId you just breach the data protection act you shouldnt be looking at my IP. JAIL!
Old 18-06-2008, 23:16   #9295
NewsreadeR
Inactive

NewsreadeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<deleted>

Welcome aboard anti

Struggling to guess the letters on that word in your post though. When I was at school, there would have only been three *'s

Nice to see your reasoned debate though. Very impressed that you have done your homework, and read all the posts in this thread. However, I think personally, you wasted your time, as I really don't think you have understood what the thread was about. Oh well, at least it kept you off the streets for ten days though.

ps - Your domain don't work.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:16   #9296
Paul Delaney

Quote:
<deleted>
I only asked a question - you must be an investor then - they're really touchy?

You sure you're not from ADVFN - they're all foul mouthed there?

Old 18-06-2008, 23:17   #9297
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Campaign of terror? Grow up.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:17   #9298
antihanff.com
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
No one claimed you are alone, although as you are intent on being abusive it is possible you are a loner and seeking attention.
Just reat inteactive investor thread and see who is being abusive to people? And a few time s on this thread too. One rule for you guys and anyone else bets BULLLIES into SUBMISSION
Old 18-06-2008, 23:18   #9299
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I cant wait to see 2 or 3 people "protesting" next week.
That would be a great start Protesters turning up 3 weeks early
Old 18-06-2008, 23:18   #9300
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Oh you are a shareholder! That explains it. You won't get any sympathy from me for not bothering to research your investments before making them and I doubt you will get any sympathy from anyone else here either. If you invested a little more ethically you wouldn't be in the situation you are currently in with an investment in a company which is dying before it has even started.

Alexander Hanff
Closed Thread