Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Talk 2006/2007 Season
Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2006, 21:59   #916
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Hmm, i've had this discussion with mates and some do seem to see the "home" league as the bigger win; however IMO The Champions league is the biggest competition - the Premiership is second to that in terms of status, not that i think Man U will win it anyway.

I just wonder financially, which is bigger... (I've no idea).
I thought you were making a serious point, until I re-read the part about you having mates.

Quote:
We beat Celtic - they beat you - how much more logical do you want it?
Oh deary me, now you really are showing your intelligence, or lack of it.

Quote:
Well Celtic are top of the group...
Make a sentence out of the following.......

Sings
Fat
Not
Lady
Over.

Advertisement
Old 27-11-2006, 22:32   #917
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Good comeback that man!
We could start a help line for you and other anyonebuts. To help you to get back to supporting your own team...we can help you get over this disorder...
Old 27-11-2006, 22:42   #918
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Oh ladies please,
You really shouldn't be too worried, i mean you only have to get a point at home to Benfica, just one single ikkle point...

Why your all so edgy is beyond me.
Old 27-11-2006, 22:50   #919
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Quote:
Oh ladies please,
You really shouldn't be too worried, i mean you only have to get a point at home to Benfica, just one single ikkle point...

To quote a certain CF member........

Quote:
Good comeback that man!
Old 27-11-2006, 23:33   #920
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
To quote a certain CF member........
What - you cant even think of your own comebacks now and you have to use my ones. Bravo that man.

Like i said, should be easy taking Benfica at home, i mean, they won the last game they played 3-0 away to FC Copenhagen sure (an easy team), but you beat FC Copenhagen didn't you....

Ach, im sure it'll be fine...

Like you said - the leagues what you REALLY want anyway isnt it...
Old 27-11-2006, 23:36   #921
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
What - you cant even think of your own comebacks now and you have to use my ones. Bravo that man.

Like i said, should be easy taking Benfica at home, i mean, they won the last game they played 3-0 away to FC Copenhagen sure (an easy team), but you beat FC Copenhagen didn't you....

None of you should worry about it, 'cos Villa are going to win the Champions League anyway. Apparently there's a special UEFA rule that, if you successfully manage to draw 32 of your league matches, you automatically get it
Old 28-11-2006, 00:00   #922
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:

Like you said - the leagues what you REALLY want anyway isnt it...
WOW ! 43 minutes for a reply, and a further 4 minutes for editing, you are slacking. It must have cost you a fortune in phone calls to your buddy's, helping you with that post. Be careful when the phone bill drops through the letterbox, make sure the dog is out of the way when it lands. Poor bugger might get hurt.

I've seen success you can only dream of, down the years. Please take the time to post Falkirks list of scottish league triumphs, I can lend you a stamp if you need something to write them down on. but please, do enjoy the rest of your season in the bottom 6, when your league splits in two.
Old 28-11-2006, 00:15   #923
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Who's edgy?

Don't you want help? We can help you remember which team's results that you should be looking out for on a Saturday.

You don't have to be this way. You can be much happier actually getting behind your own team, not hoping that another loses...

Try it...you might like it...
Old 28-11-2006, 18:27   #924
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
WOW ! 43 minutes for a reply, and a further 4 minutes for editing, you are slacking. It must have cost you a fortune in phone calls to your buddy's, helping you with that post. Be careful when the phone bill drops through the letterbox, make sure the dog is out of the way when it lands. Poor bugger might get hurt.

I've seen success you can only dream of, down the years. Please take the time to post Falkirks list of scottish league triumphs, I can lend you a stamp if you need something to write them down on. but please, do enjoy the rest of your season in the bottom 6, when your league splits in two.
I didn't hang around waiting to reply to you, why, were you sitting expectantly waiting for my next slap down?

Sorry you had to wait so long, well, not really.

Falkirk don't have any Scottish League triumphs, but then i support my local team, im not a glory hunter, i go for the thrill of the game and don't expect to win the league.

You may have seen successes throughout the years from the comfort of your sofa, but i was there watching Falkirk, freezing my ass off as we beat teams when all they were expected to do was turn up and kick off before going home with nil point! I've also been there when we've been pummelled, shook my head, cursed and shrugged, but i always went back the next week.

And that my "friend" is something you will never feel, that buzz when you give someone a doing in front of their fans against all the odds, can you imagine what its like for a small team, with limited resources, never mind money, to get close to winning a cup after taking down Celtic on their patch? Oh, i forgot, they beat you in your cup...

You "expect" to win every week, if you dont - then you buy more players at christmas / the summer then try again.

If we get it wrong we cant and relegation is a possibility.

What's the big achievement with all that money you have at your club eh?

Your not a better club than any other, you just have more cash.

Bravo.

Away and support Man City... Live a little.
Old 28-11-2006, 18:41   #925
pedantic
Inactive

FYI I had a season ticket for 14 years, until I could no longer afford it. So your "presumption" that I sit on my sofa "glory hunting" is way off the mark. If you're born in Manchester, you're either a red or a blue, simple. My father was a Man U fan, and like many other kids, they tend to follow suit of their parentage.

If that's ok with you, that is.
Old 28-11-2006, 20:23   #926
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
I didn't hang around waiting to reply to you, why, were you sitting expectantly waiting for my next slap down?

Sorry you had to wait so long, well, not really.

Falkirk don't have any Scottish League triumphs, but then i support my local team, im not a glory hunter, i go for the thrill of the game and don't expect to win the league.

You may have seen successes throughout the years from the comfort of your sofa, but i was there watching Falkirk, freezing my ass off as we beat teams when all they were expected to do was turn up and kick off before going home with nil point! I've also been there when we've been pummelled, shook my head, cursed and shrugged, but i always went back the next week.

And that my "friend" is something you will never feel, that buzz when you give someone a doing in front of their fans against all the odds, can you imagine what its like for a small team, with limited resources, never mind money, to get close to winning a cup after taking down Celtic on their patch? Oh, i forgot, they beat you in your cup...

You "expect" to win every week, if you dont - then you buy more players at christmas / the summer then try again.

If we get it wrong we cant and relegation is a possibility.

What's the big achievement with all that money you have at your club eh?

Your not a better club than any other, you just have more cash.

Bravo.

Away and support Man City... Live a little.
You actually sound like a Man City fan...all bitter and twisted at other, more successful teams around you...looking for the results of other teams before their own, as their only source of enjoyment...we can still help you if you want...

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Quote:
FYI I had a season ticket for 14 years, until I could no longer afford it. So your "presumption" that I sit on my sofa "glory hunting" is way off the mark. If you're born in Manchester, you're either a red or a blue, simple. My father was a Man U fan, and like many other kids, they tend to follow suit of their parentage.

Now, you know that you are a Man Utd fan...don't you know that that was really your sofa that you were watching the match from. Only fans of other teams actually "go" to a match...
Old 28-11-2006, 20:29   #927
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Now, you know that you are a Man Utd fan...don't you know that that was really your sofa that you were watching the match from. Only fans of other teams actually "go" to a match...

Didn't feel like a sofa, when I was travelling 30 hours on a coach, non stop, and a ferry ride in between that to get to the nou camp for a champions league match.

Damn cold in November, I can tell you.
Old 28-11-2006, 22:27   #928
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
the trouble is Celtic scored 2 against us at our place and gave us a good run for our money and beat us at their place.. we bought on match winners Evra and O'Shea

How on earth are they going to win a match for us.. Saha won't get 30 plus goals and Rooney is a scorer or great goals rather than a great goal scorer.. we have no one else apart from the midfield who are either a bit ageing (Giggs and Scholes) or a bit hit and miss (Ronaldo)

we could have got Tevez, who i'm sure would have been better with us than West Ham, or Torres for £20 but we were going to spend over £20 on Hargreaves !!!!

Celtic are made up of journey men and ex Championship players ( Paul Telfer ) yet they still made us work..

sure you can say we dominated a match but how many clear cut chances did we have.. how many saves did the keeper have to make ?

even watford and reading made us work hard this season and the only time we faced a top team we lost to Arsenal and beat a poor Liverpool team
United need cover for Saha, or at least someone who can jostle for his place.
I have a feeling Fergie will be in the market for a couple of players in the January window.
I suppose the favourite would be Torres according to our beloved press, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hargreaves makes the move from Bayern Munich to United in January either, but we need a proven goal scorer imo.
I think Hargreaves could be surplus to requirements though, unless a few current players go in the opposite direction, i.e. O'Shea, Richardson, Fletcher, but I don't think he would get much money for those three.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

The following is news to me, but quite a read nonetheless........

The day Ferguson said he'd had enough

Old 29-11-2006, 09:34   #929
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Congratulations on being the one who goes against the hundreds of thousands of Man U "fans" that dont.

I actually feel sorry that the club you love pushed you away by increasing their prices. Thats not fair after 14 years of devotion...

Apologies for getting stuck into you about it. You have to understand though that its rare to meet a proper Man U fan.
Old 29-11-2006, 09:51   #930
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I actually feel sorry that the club you love pushed you away by increasing their prices. Thats not fair after 14 years of devotion...
The fact that is happening is, IMO, a sad indictment of the current state of football. It seems that all the big clubs are more interested in high ticket/merchandise sales than the actual sport.
Closed Thread