Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 18-10-2013, 19:39   #886
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I wish it was possible to re order the digital downloads of the disc based games i have ordered, if i found out they were the same price i would cancel and get the digital!

I also wish it was possible to convert a disc based game to a digital version.
It was essentially possible until the reddit crowd cried for weeks on end for Microsoft to remove everything that was next generation about the xbox. All these features being removed have destroyed it for me. The used games feature that tied discs to your account would essentially install your game and you could play it without the need for a disc.
Old 18-10-2013, 21:22   #887
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Any idea if it is possible to pre order digital versions yet so i can compare pricing? The PS4 has 2 games available for pre order digitally, Knack for £38 and Warframe which is free.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 18:47   #888
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/2...tion-announced

Nice release date , right near my birthday
Old 22-10-2013, 18:56   #889
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/2...tion-announced

Nice release date , right near my birthday
And around 3 weeks before mine, i am so looking forward to this and it did look awesome at the show i went to, although it wasn't on an Xbox One but probably a dev kit.
Old 22-10-2013, 20:12   #890
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
And around 3 weeks before mine, i am so looking forward to this and it did look awesome at the show i went to, although it wasn't on an Xbox One but probably a dev kit.
It was on a PC. Likely the GTX 780 or Titans they've been using.

Isn't anyone worried about the stability of these next generation consoles? I've seen the X1 crash and just freeze up with fps issues numerous times whilst running Forza 5. Reason this hasn't happened before is they were playing the games on PC until recently. From what I've seen from the PS4 its even worse on the Sony side. The console constantly crashes and has freezes and fps issues in cut scenes alone.

I loved the 360 but there's no denying its stability was awful. The guide menu alone caused and still causes the majority of lock ups on the console. More recently black ops 2 caused major problems for the console.
Old 22-10-2013, 20:21   #891
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am not really worried although i will admit my friends X1 crashed at Eurogamer while it was playing Forza 5, although i didn't have any problems playing Battlefield 4 for 10mins on 1.

The Pcs have crashed plenty of times in the early shows that they used to run development systems for both systems.

The PS4 was also seen to overheat giving a 'red line of death' but that was in an enclosed case.

I have only had my 360 lock up twice before and i think it was while playing Tomb Raider this summer.
Old 22-10-2013, 20:41   #892
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
I am not really worried although i will admit my friends X1 crashed at Eurogamer while it was playing Forza 5, although i didn't have any problems playing Battlefield 4 for 10mins on 1.

The Pcs have crashed plenty of times in the early shows that they used to run development systems for both systems.

The PS4 was also seen to overheat giving a 'red line of death' but that was in an enclosed case.

I have only had my 360 lock up twice before and i think it was while playing Tomb Raider this summer.
I've never seen it crash on anything other than forza strangely. Who knows :O
PC test builds always crash to desktop its annoying. It's even worse when it crashes before it even loads.

I forgot to clarify. The 360 models with the problems tend to be the 1st and 2nd gen editions not the newer elite and s models. I've not yet had to reset a slim model due to guide lockup but have the issue constantly on my day one 360 and the HDMI model.
Old 22-10-2013, 20:45   #893
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I hope my X1 will be reliable but atleast it has warranty.
Old 22-10-2013, 21:13   #894
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I think once the release month kinks are all patched up it'll be on its way.
Old 25-10-2013, 14:14   #895
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This is one hell of an awesome ad for the Xbox One in my opinion and it sure hyped me watching it, congrats to MS getting advertising right for a change.

I am still laughing at the zombies reaction in the Library. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mfIg1I3zE
Old 25-10-2013, 16:46   #896
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Loved that snoopz, and the first bit too
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 17:51   #897
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Loved that snoopz, and the first bit too
Have you pre ordered another game yet to replace Watch Dogs as i cant see the point of paying and keeping a pre order for possibly 6 months when you can get another game?
Old 25-10-2013, 18:04   #898
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I haven't yet no, what about battlefield as I have call of duty on pre order as well
Old 25-10-2013, 18:06   #899
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have Battlefield 4 on pre order and i played it on an Xbox One at a show for 10mins and i loved it.

If i were you and you decide to order a replacement game i would do lots of googling and make a decision that way.

Have a look here http://www.oxm.co.uk/56277/features/...-in-one-place/
Old 25-10-2013, 18:08   #900
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I had bad company 2 and loved that, but I'll think about it before doing anything rash